Civitas (M&M 3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
betterwatchit

Re: Civitas (M&M 3e IC)

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing
Plan b wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:56 pm"By that do you mean this dimention or Freedom City? I'm fairly well travelled, but only really returned the city a couple months ago.
"A bit of both, love. I'm from my world's United Kingdom. Main reason I haven't been to this world's Britain is the lack of... documentation."
Plan b wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:56 pmIf you don't mind me asking are all magic users from your dimention... well for lack of a better word mythical?"
"I've seen a few magic-users of different species. The last Master Mage I know of was an owl, and my old master was a dog. My own species is a bit rare back home, and the majority of my kind are the result of having a cat and a bird as biological parents, like in my case. Would you believe I was fifteen years old before I saw another griffin with my own eyes?"
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

Neutron interjected. "Ani-Earth is an alternate universe, Eagle. Its sort of just like ours save for the fact that humans don't exist there. Only animal like beings not necessarily mythical. Some even have superpowers, either magical or genetic. Of course I've never been there but the Atom Family has a couple of times in the past and told me much about it."
Adventure Dan

Post by Adventure Dan »

DR. OOZE
HP: 1

Stepping out of the teleportation gate, Dr. Phillip Warburton found his glasses crookedly set on his green face. Their form of travel seemed to have a strange effect on his unique physiology, leaving his amorphous body misshapen in various parts, including a droopy nose. The doctor surmised it was because his form was already less molecularly rigid than the typical human, and the quantum destruction and reassembly involved with teleportation didn’t help matters. He was able to reform himself with little effort. The glasses were moved to his pants pocket. He didn’t actually need them to see; he found that they helped normalize his otherwise strange appearance, which wasn’t necessary here among such a group.

Phillip had heard of any hero who had at least a fair amount of public presence. The doctor and his show’s crew were constantly on the lookout for potential guest stars, after all. He had already worked with one of them, Llyod Price aka Neutron. Although Dr. Ooze couldn’t approve of Neutronix Wheat Pops (far too unhealthy for the most important meal of the day!), Llyod was a good man, and his powers made for excellent demonstrations, like that time they made their own plasma ball. Goldwing had been considered but rejected by Ooze himself. It was nothing personal, he just preferred to avoid having magic on a show about science.

“A pleasure to meet you, Ms. Johnson,” Phillip returned her greeting, offering a handshake before waving to the rest of the group. “My name is Dr. Phillip Warburton. You may know me from TV as Dr. Ooze. But please, heh, you can just call me Phil. I have to say, I’m curious about why we were chosen for you team, Ms. Johnson.” The slime doctor had dabbled in the superhero work over the years, but it wasn’t his life’s focus. He certainly didn’t consider himself a grizzled crime-fighter or anything of the sort.
EDIT: Right now Dr. Ooze's Variable is set to just have Morph 1 ("Normal" Form). It's the shape he takes in most mundane situations, giving him typical human features and proportions not shown on his character sheet picture.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing
Shadowmask wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:07 am"Ani-Earth is an alternate universe, Eagle. Its sort of just like ours save for the fact that humans don't exist there. Only animal like beings not necessarily mythical. Some even have superpowers, either magical or genetic. Of course I've never been there but the Atom Family has a couple of times in the past and told me much about it."
"That's a good description of it, Neutron."
Adventure Dan wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:25 am“My name is Dr. Phillip Warburton. You may know me from TV as Dr. Ooze. But please, heh, you can just call me Phil. I have to say, I’m curious about why we were chosen for you team, Ms. Johnson.”
"The good Doctor's right, ma'am. I'm sure you would've chosen your candidates with all due care and attention, and with a good reason each time. All you need to do now is simply explain your reasoning to us."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer

"Doctor Ooze!" The Thunderer claps his hands looking delighted, "The kids have shown me your show, it is very entertaining and educational. I especially enjoyed the one on electricity."
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ms. Johnson-

The tall, athletic woman with the military-ish bearing listened to the heroes introduce themselves and nodded absently as they spoke more or less openly.

At least we chose right and nobody is a hostile loner. Those can be...difficult.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Chalcedony Johnson. Those of you who are familiar with UNISON in Freedom City may have heard of me. It is my task to set up a super team affiliated with UNISON's UNIQUE division here. Obviously because we don't want the politics of our sometimes contentious relationship with AEGIS to affect your ability to operate, we're keeping that information private. Ms. Cruz volunteered the Scarab's long unused headquarters for your use until the Scarab once more reincarnates and is old enough to claim it as his or her own."

Tucking an errant lock of hair behind her ear, she clasps her hands behind her back, looking even more military than before. "UNISON will fund your efforts, allowing you to concentrate as much time as needed in establishing yourselves alongside already well known teams like the Atom Family and Freedom League. Obviously, we chose several of you for your very public personas, since that will give you immediate street cred."

"I know this sounds somewhat nefarious, but given the fact most super threats arise from American soil and AEGIS seems loathe to share information with the international heroic community, we felt entering the local super scene was our best option to keep our allies worldwide with current intel. Is this something the six of you are willing to do?"
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"You have my support, obviously though i cannot speak for the others." Neutron answered without hesitation. In his time as a superhero in Freedom City, he had dealt with groups similar to UNISON such as AEGIS and the STAR Squad. It was ironic that the greatest threat was not some supervillain out to conquer the world for the umpteenth time but was the constant infighting between said groups. There was pros and cons, good and bad, both in personnel and policies within all three law enforcement organizations of course and Lloyd didn't like or want to be judgemental.

"Leave the politics to the politicians, i always say. I take it, given my limited contact with UNISON, Ms. Johnson, that you still work at the Dakanan consulate?"
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

The griffin said "My world also has its own United Nations, so I do understand your general goals, Ms. Johnson. I don't see any moral or ethical issues with joining UNIQUE. I gladly accept your offer."

Goldwing then did a gesture and produced a small light-emitting sphere in his gloved hand. "Besides, I need a stable place to stay and perfect my study of magic in general and technomancy in particular."
Last edited by betterwatchit on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The Scarab (Dylan Alexander)
Condition Normal
HP 1
Horsenhero wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:48 am "Ms. Cruz volunteered the Scarab's long unused headquarters for your use until the Scarab once more reincarnates and is old enough to claim it as his or her own."
The Scarab coughs as Ms Johnson says this, his head turning with a quizzical lilt towards Ms Cruz and the fabric of the mask around his face stretching in way that suggests he is smiling behind it. He shrugs and lets Ms Johnson explain her intent.

"So, That answers the question as to why us and why now." Dylan says, "All comments aside, this lair is in fact an excellent place to serve as headquarters. And since you were 'gracious enough' to include me in your roster, I'm definitely on board with it serving as the team's HQ."

He glances around the chamber they are using for their first meeting.

"I should also think, Ms Cruz that the living quarters would be made available to us? If so, I would prefer the one specifically used by my most well-known previous incarnation to be left unused, at least for now. And... I would like to talk to you about adding to the exterior of the core... or at least verifying if its up to date..." He was referencing the Sarcophagus and the decorative drawings of his previous incarnations but did not want to directly name it.

"And if its not too much to ask, I'd like to walk the halls with you, Ms Cruz. Sooner than later if possible. I didn't realize we were coming here per say, and now that, well, now that we're here the importance of the history of this place has hit me. There are memories.. bubbling up."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer

"So you are offering us a unique unison with which to fight the forces of evil and share stories of our exploits with the world?" The Thunderer asks with raised eyebrow.

He turns to the heroes beside him and asks, "Is it taking advantage of a person who offers a reward you to do what you'd do anyways? Because I feel that I'm taking advantage of this poor person."
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

Goldwing replied "It would be taking advantage if you started demanding money to help other people or to save lives, but I don't see any problem with accepting something willingly and freely offered. At the same time, I'd have to refuse it if I thought that accepting it would cause hardship on the giver... Or if I wasn't sure about the source of said reward."
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"Money is never an issue with me as i have no need or desire of it in the first place. Neither do i ask, want or expect rewards of any kind." Neutron replied in a flat disapproving voice as the sour topic of mercenary gains had reared its ugly head. "So any such trifles as well all funding on my part will be simply given away to the proper established charities via the Rhodes Foundation among others in the city. Room and board is more than enough for me."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The Scarab (Dylan Alexander)
Condition Normal
HP 2

"Room and board..." Dylan says, "Essentially what's been offered. Money isn't a bad thing for some and I don't see it as mercenary... We're people with bills to pay and if superheroing is your job, well your downtime and eventual retirement need funding...

"But I'd much rather be paid by an actual employer rather than the people we profess to help, so agreed on all points in that regard..."

Indicating he mostly agrees with the statements being made, his featureless face turns towards Ms Johnson.

"Not that I'm trying to prove that I'm the Scarab reborn to the outside world, the biggest issue I've faced so far is being called out for using my name. Some want to believe I am who I say, others remember the Alpha Centurion and are skeptical, and for the love of Thoth I have no idea how I managed to rub that reporter so badly that he only gives me bad press..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Adventure Dan

Post by Adventure Dan »

DR. OOZE
HP: 2
"The kids have shown me your show, it is very entertaining and educational. I especially enjoyed the one on electricity."
Phil waved his hand dismissively. "Ah, well, thank you so much, but I'm sure your feats are much more impressive than a potato battery."

The doctor rubbed his chin, shifting his entire jawline side to side as he did so, while considering the offer given to them by Chalcedony. So, he (and likely Neutron) were being brought on because of their good public standing? It made sense, although Dr. Ooze could only hope that their skills and abilities were also considered; perhaps they were looking for their own Tesla Atom for the group? Either way, this was a unique chance to do some good in Freedom City.

"If everyone else here is willing, I certainly don't think I can refuse," Dr. Ooze said with smile. "I hate to dwell on the matter of money, but would UNISON be willing to fund any scientific research? Provided that the results are beneficial to the team, of course." It would be amazing to work on projects with a substantial budget again. The TV show was well funded enough, but you didn't need a government contract to to build, well, potato batteries.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer

"Impressive? Yes," He nods then shakes his head, "Educational? No. Also more than little frightening to the kids. I try to stick to moving the air. Flying paper airplanes like a flock of birds seems far more entertaining."

"Just to clarify, I don't need money. Though I will admit a few dollars for a new pair of pants and some pizza every once in awhile would be nice,"
He grins, "So long as I'm not taking advantage of somebody I'm just as happy to go along with it. I could stand for a good fight and some adventure."

"Barring that? Lunch!"
He plants his hands on his hips, throws back his head and laughs.