[OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - Hunter the Reckoning

Post by Sakuro »

As a heads up, I will not be posting IC today. I do want to try and draw more out of you though, jmucchiello.

Describe Angela's attack for me jmucchiello. Not here. In your post IC. Some things to consider, if you are not sure what to write about: What is she thinking and feeling? How is she moving? Where is she aiming her attack? I've described what using Cleave is like for her. How does she feel about using it? What does she think about the Messages she has received, and how they related to her experiences with monsters?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Edited.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Nice. As a reminder, don't forget to edit Angela's new "Trail" Power into her sheet. Also, keep track of your Conditions and HP. During combat I want to be able to see those this at a glance, so please include those in your posts.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Alan's injury Complication does count towards the hit he takes on Hugo's behalf.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I believe Angela should be at 2 HP after activating Self-Control and Second Sight.

Make A Deception check on Angela's behalf. With a -5 because …. tornado.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What else would explain the damage to the room? I think tornado lends plausibility to the state of the room. The window is broken. Stuff it thrown about. The first thought people will have is "It looks like a tornado blew through here."
Last edited by jmucchiello on Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Earthquake maybe? Rampaging man?
"We saw someone doing something to Hugo, we rushed in to try to stop him. Then he went crazy, left through the window"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What floor are we on? I don't think a man jumping out the window goes unnoticed based on the floor we are on. Also there lots of glass inside the room for someone jumping out the window.

An earthquake that no one else felt in a single room. Unlikely. A sudden twister in a localized place. Far more likely. I've seen it happen at my local pool. A mini-twister just suddenly appears throws some stuff in a 10 diameter area around and disappears a few seconds later.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It is a bad situation. Angela doesn't have the luxury we do to think of a good explanation. Tornado is good for that knee jerk "I need an excuse right now". That said, it is huge leap objectively speaking. This is Oregon. It isn't tornado territory. It is plausible, which is why I am allowing a check. But incredibly difficult for someone to buy into.

You are on the second floor.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The nature of this world makes me think they're more likely to believe a random man went crazy and leapt into the shadows then a freak localized tornado, personally.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

For some reason I thought we were higher up.

Given Angela's lack of deception skill, she needs all the plausibility she can get. (And the twisters I was talking about took place in New Jersey, also not exactly tornado country.) Maybe I'll put some PP into deception if she starts to get good at it. :)

Tornado happened. Deal with it.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Actually, people don't believe in the supernatural in this world. Crazy men leaping out windows isn't much more plausible.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

But they exist in the first place, and do things like this on occasion. Humans would just chock it up to a "random crazy" instead of "that's definitely a vampire".
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

To help keep track of your HP and status of characters, I'm going to make it mandatory that you update each post with your HP and conditions in them. I don't want to have to keep track of it for people, nor do I want us to have to dig through posts to figure it out. Alan should have 5 HP. Angela should have 2 HP. I'm uncertain how many HP Blane should have, so I am going to say 2 HP. Regardless of whatever has happened previously.
Flynnarrel wrote:I'm assuming there weren't any reflective surfaces that Blane may have seen what happened.
It happened right next to him. Blane could have just turned his head to see the guard smashing his face in.
jmucchiello wrote:Do we hear any commotion at the elevator or is that now on the first floor?
Blane's scene is happening on the first floor. Angela and Alan have no way of knowing what is going on with him.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nothing seems to go well for us, does it? Damnit.
------------