Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry to hear you had a rough go, TM.

I can sympathize with you in both depression, which I've had some run ins with, and with feeling bad about letting a game go by for some time without a post.
From my side all I can say is that I'm always happy when a GM comes back. Running a game is hard, it's time consuming, and life can get in the way.
If I get to play a game, I'm a happy man. If not? Hell man, I understand. And I'm not going to hold anything against you, I'm just happy to have been included while it ran and some fun along the way.

This is a game, we're suppose to have fun, and the last thing I'd want is you feeling bad about it.

And I also feel your pain about the writer's block.
I've spent an entire day writing a post that was less than six sentences long, and I didn't post it because I thought it was good. I posted it so it was done and hopefully the next post would get me rolling again! ;~)

Strangely it actually worked.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

A lot of heavy things there. Whatever you need from us just let us know. And I totally get the hesitancy-breeding-hesitancy cycle. There are people I've been wanting to reconnect with, but since its been so long and I feel guilty for not calling sooner I let it go even longer.

Hmmm.. maybe I should make a call or two.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Just to make sure you didn't notice, I posted deco ds after your last one t-man
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm eager to release the dark butterfly of doooooom!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:15 pm Just to make sure you didn't notice, I posted deco ds after your last one t-man
I saw that.
Spectrum wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:48 pm I'm eager to release the dark butterfly of doooooom!

I am eager to see this but unfortunately I feel as if RL has other plans.

This past week I've been fighting against being horribly sick ( to the point that I called in my last two days of the work week) only to discover on Friday morning that I've had a back jaw tooth go bad and began to leak pus into my tissues and that was the cause of my week long sickness. I also learned that the situation was so bad that I required surgery to fix thing & get the excess pus out of my body.

So, that surgery happened today & while I feel much better physically, I am still in A LOT of pain as i can barely eat or drink and i have a pair of tubes sticking out of my neck to allow the remaining pus to drain out. That will require me to spend the next several days in the hospital until they are satisfied with results (their best guesses put that around Wednesday).

As if that has not been a lot to deal with in 2 days, my Dad passed away yesterday morning.

I am honestly at my personal limits. I've got nothing left in the spare tank. I'm going to just simply end the game instead of wasting all of your time as RL unloads a metric shit-ton of drama on me.

Thanks for everyone's efforts, I did greatly enjoy running the game for all of you.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

jeebus man *huggles*

just *huggles*
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Well... Damn... that's all messed up. I'm sorry, Man. Get Better soon.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Aye, I can't express enough how that all just... Is. Do your best to take care of yourself out there, man. We're here to talk if you need us too.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Sorry for your loss.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

We're here if you need anything.
Vivid

Re: Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

Post by Vivid »

Oh my Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear all of this. Anything else I can think to type just sounds like a platitude. Thoughts and prayers for all the various healing you need.