Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

Post by Tattooedman »

Hello, like the title line says - is there anyone interested in playing in a D&D 5th edition game?

I've been playing here lately and have had a few ideas of some adventures that could be fun to play. I only have the main 3 books (player's handbook, DM guide & monster manuel) so any possible submissions would have to keep to what is in them only (I know there are lots of additional suppliments on the internet but I don't want to deal with downloading an entire library's worth of pdfs to run a game).

The main hook is the first adventure would bring the group together and other adventures would, of coursecourse, follow. There would be some very lose connections to the setting I'm building in the Character Sheets forum.

PCs would start out at 2nd level (just so they don't go ~squish~ too much starting out).

Players:
Arkrite, Jarrak of Blackmoore, halfelf, paladin, Folk hero
Doctor Malsyn, Tiberium Tullium Avarice, dwarf (hill), sorcerer (draconic), noble
Flynnarrel, Lan, human (variant), monk, urchin
Spectrum, Jack, halfelf, warlock (archfey), entertainer
Stavavros_the_arcane, Anne Natomi, gnome, necromancer, sage
Vivid Abigail Bright, elf, multiclass bard/cleric, acolyte
catsi563 Kiara, half elf, multiclass rogue /monk, criminal

Gods of Hyboria:
Beory: Goddess of Nature [animals] (symbol is either a green disk with a yellow circle in the center; she commonly appears as a doe headed woman that is accompanied by dire tigers)
Boccob: God of Magic (symbol is an golden eye in a deep purple pentagon; he commonly appears as a middle-aged man with white hair who wears purple robes decorated with golden runes)
Celestinan: God of Stars & War (symbol is black circle with seven stars within it; he commonly appears as a middle-aged man with a bald head and a mustache and goatee wearing black full plate armor)
Corellon Larethian: God of the Elves, as well as Magic, the Arts, and Warfare (symbol is a silver star on a navy blue field; he commonly appears as an androgynous elf wearing armor that is silver with navy blue trim)
Erythnul: God of Envy & Slaughter (symbol is a red blood drop; he commonly appears as a bugbear with red eyes and dark colored fur, wielding a great axe)
Fharlanghn: God of Travel (symbol is a disk with a curved line representing the horizon, and an upturned crescent above that; he commonly appears as an elderly man, with wrinkled and weathered skin but his green eyes are bright and sparkle with vitality, wearing well worn leather armor)
Garl Glittergold: God of the Gnomes, as well as Crafting and Trickery (symbol is a golden nugget; he commonly appears as an older gnome that likes to smoke a pipe with a warm smile and a golden gleam in his eyes. His clothing has a large amount of golden decoration)
Gruumsh: God of Orcs, Chaos and War (symbol is an unblinking, yellow eye; he commonly appears as a powerfully built orc with one eye)
Heironeous: God of Valor (symbol is a silver lightning bolt; he commonly appears as a middle-aged man with brown hair wearing full plate armor decorated with silver trim)
Hextor: God of Chaos & War (symbol is a pair of crossed black lightning bolts; a gray skinned, six-armed humanoid with two large tusks jutting from his lower jaw and wearing armor clad with skulls: he wields a weapon in each hand - a spiked flail, a battle axe, a battle pick, a longsword, a mace, and a falchion)
Incabulos: Goddess of Plague & Famine (symbol is a green eye in a red diamond; she commonly appears as woman with a bloated body covered in boils with skeletal hands)
Istus: Goddess of Fate & Destiny (symbol is a wheel of fortune; she commonly appears as young woman with golden hair, dressed in fine silk robes)
Iuz: God of Knowledge (symbol is a rolled up scroll; he commonly appears as an old man with a long beard, wearing well-worn robs one would expect to see a scholar wearing and glasses)
Kord: God of Combat (symbol is an eight-pointed star composed of spears; he commonly appears as a hugely muscular man with a red beard and long red hair that wears scale mail armor made of a red dragon's hide and wielding a great sword)
Lolth: Goddess of Darkness, Chaos, and Trickery (symbol is a spider; commonly appears as an exquisitely beautiful Drow woman wearing clothing that is the deepest black one can imagine)
Moradin: God of Dwarves, as well as Creation, and Law (symbol is a large warhammer; he commonly appears as a middle-aged dwarf with reddish brown hair wearing either ornate plate armor or dressed as a blacksmith)
Obsad-Hai: God of Nature [plants] (symbol is a mask of oak leaves and acorns; he commonly appears as an old man wearing simple leather armor and armed with a plain looking longbow)
Olidammara: Goddess of Revelry (symbol is an ornate silver chalice; she commonly appears as a rosy-cheeked, buxom woman carrying a silver chalice filled with excellent wine)
Orkus: God of Destruction and the Undead (symbol is a pair of wands crossed over a skull; he commonly appears as a humanoid with a goat-like head, though his horns are more like those of a ram, with satyr legs and large bat wings sprouting from his back)
Pelor: God of the Light, Truth & Healing (symbol is the sun; he commonly appears as an older man with wild golden hair and beard, dressed in robes of a cleric that are shining white)
Ralishaz: God of Fortune [both good & bad] (symbol is a triangle made of three sticks of bone; he commonly appears as a strong, handsome man of Mediterranean descent)
Rao: God of Knowledge, Wisdom & the Mind (symbol is a right hand, facing palm out with an eye in the middle; he commonly appears as an older human man of Asian descent that is bald with a long white beard)
Tiamat: Goddess of Dragons, Law and Destruction (symbol is an all black profile of a dragon head; she commonly appears a ravishing dark-haired woman typically wearing sorcerer’s robes, or as a five headed dragon of different colors [black, blue, green, red, white])
Vecna: God of Secrets & Wisdom (symbol is a cat-like eye in the palm of a left hand; he commonly appears as a middle-aged man with dark hair that is missing his left hand and left eye)
Wee Jas: Goddess of Death (symbol is a red skull in front of a black pentagram; commonly appears as a highly attractive woman with dark hair covering half of her face)

Map of Hyboria:
Athas River

Tirisfal (lands of the elves, kingdom of Silvermoon)

Eversong Pass (route most commonly used to journey between Tirisfal and Caerleon)

Tamoe Mountains (home of dwarves)

West Mount Nomri (connected to its Eastern counterpart by several portals scattered throughout tunnels that are honeycombed within it)

East Mount Nomri (connected to its Western counterpart by several portals scattered throughout tunnels that are honeycombed within it)

Yun-Silth Jungles (an unknown area as every exploration group sent there have never returned)

Bulgor Wastelands (a massive desert, home to several nomadic tribes of various races)

Zakarum Wilderness (home of the Wolfen Domain)

Arreat Ridge

Kalimdor Mountains (mountains and surrounding land that is home to nomadic barbarians)

Opal Island

Kurast Bay

Caerleon (kingdom of humans)

Phandelver (an old mining town that has fallen on hard times)

Adventures:
The Lost Mine
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
jmucchiello

Re: Another D&D Game - anyone interested?

Post by jmucchiello »

Oo, PHB only. A challenge. :) Sure, I'm interested. What's the link to the setting being built?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

have the same 3 books sounds like fun
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:46 am Oo, PHB only. A challenge. :) Sure, I'm interested. What's the link to the setting being built?
Basically the D&D setting is the same world of the setting centuries before. Most the magic is based on the schools of magic & the sponsor of the group is one of the first guardians against evil magic thingies that continues on into the "modern age".
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You shooting for fifth edition? I was in the game for Epic's own adventure, but he seems to have ghosted (hope he's alright). With that in mind, I'd be up for giving a new game a go.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What level are you looking at T-man?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:29 am You shooting for fifth edition? I was in the game for Epic's own adventure, but he seems to have ghosted (hope he's alright). With that in mind, I'd be up for giving a new game a go.
Yes, it would be 5e. Forgot to add that detail (fixed now) in the opening post.
Flynnarrel wrote:What level are you looking at T-man?
Starting off everyone would be 2nd level.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

A few clarifications are needed:

Ability scores: Standard Array? Point buy? 4d6 drop lowest?
Hit points: Max? Max 1st level, average thereafter?
Optional Feat Rules: Yes/No?
Optional Multiclassing Rules: Yes/No?
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:26 am A few clarifications are needed:

Ability scores: Standard Array? Point buy? 4d6 drop lowest?
Hit points: Max? Max 1st level, average thereafter?
Optional Feat Rules: Yes/No?
Optional Multiclassing Rules: Yes/No?
Ability scores - whichever work for you.

Hit points - 1st level max & average after.

Optional Feat Rules - if you mean what is talked about in the player's handbook, yes.

Optional Multiclassing Rules - if you mean what is talked about in the player's handbook, yes.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Thank you.
Tattooedman

Re: Another D&D Game - Recruiting

Post by Tattooedman »

So it looks like there are enough interested people, I'll make it official and make this a recruitment thread.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

What setting are we going to be adventuring in?
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

A homebrew of mine.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Beiro Xiloscient

Race: Elf (wood)
Class: Druid (Moon Circle)
Background: Criminal (smuggler)
Feature: Criminal Contact
Alignment: CG
Sex: Male
Height: 5'3
Weight: 80
Languages: Common, Elven, Sylvan, Druidic
Religion:
Proficiency:

Armour: Light armour, medium armour, shields (druids will not wear armour or use shields made of metal)
Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarterstaffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears, long swords, long bows, short bows, short swords
Tools: Herbalism kit, Gaming set, Thieves Tools
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom

Personality: I am always calm, no matter the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me
Ideals: Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them
Bonds: I’m guilty of a terrible crime. I hope I can redeem myself for it
Flaws: I have a "tell" that reveals when i'm lying

Stats: (* racial bonus ) Stat roll: 4D6.HIGH(3) = [6, 1, 4, 6] = 16 4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 2, 6, 5] = 14 4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 6, 6, 2] = 15 4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 6, 5, 1] = 14 4D6.HIGH(3) = [1, 6, 1, 2] = 9 4D6.HIGH(3) = [4, 6, 2, 4] = 14

Str 9: -1
*Dex 18:+4
Con 14: +2
Int 14: +2
-History: +5
-Nature +5
*Wis 16: +3
-Survival: +5
-Perception: +5
Cha 14: +2
-Persuasion +5

Racial Traits:
Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, Keen senses, Trance, Fleet of Foot, Elf weapon training, Mask of the Wild

Class Features: Ritual Casting, Spell casting, Wild shape, Circle of the Moon, Combat Wildshape, Circle forms

Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Druidcraft
1st level: Healing word, Goodberry, Detect Magic, Speak with animals, Thunder wave

HP: 17
AC: 15/7
Prof-Bonus: +2
Speed: 35
Initiative: +4

Equipment: Wooden shield, a scimitar, leather armour, Longbow bow, 40 arrows an explorer’s pack, druidic focus, a crowbar, a set of dark common clothes including a hood, and a belt pouch containing 315 gp
Background coming soon
Last edited by Plan b on Wed May 13, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I don't own any 5e books. Is there enough information in the SRD to make a viable character for this game?