Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread

Post by Arkrite »

My eyes bugged out when I read your attack.
I misread it as "fireball" ;~)

I'll be sorry to see you got Stavaros.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

still working on my end distractions IRL abound.

forgive a brain fart and remind me, we were looking for which 2 people again?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Gundren Stonebreaker and Silas Blackstone
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry to hear it Stavaros. :(

I've been playing with numbers to convert Jack, but nothing has worked out so far. Warlocks are a rather wide class when it comes to abilities.

And should I roll for initiative or would you prefer to slot me in somewhere?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:32 am I think that I'm going to bow out when the change over to the new system happens, but I'll stick with the game until the end of the adventure (or whenever the change happens).
We have so many players that one less isn't going to make a big difference.
Fair enough, I can understand that. Just to clarify the change over happens after this adventure is over (we're about halfway there).
Spectrum wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:28 pm I've been playing with numbers to convert Jack, but nothing has worked out so far. Warlocks are a rather wide class when it comes to abilities.
If you want help just let me know.
Spectrum wrote:And should I roll for initiative or would you prefer to slot me in somewhere?
If it's all the same to you I'll just add Jack in at the end of Initiative to keep it simple.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Tattooedman wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:01 pm Also, how are the new builds of the group going? I haven't heard much about those since we last talked about the change over.
I apologize for the delay, I've tacked the M&M build to the Character Entry for Abigail. It wasn't as easy as a like-for-like conversion when it came to abilities but I think I got to the essence of the character. If anything She's more like a 3.5 Divine Soul. I tried to design things that I though a god of Knowledge and libraries might grant to a worshipper. Let me know if anything needs to change. Thanks.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Tattooedman wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:17 pm
Spectrum wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:28 pm I've been playing with numbers to convert Jack, but nothing has worked out so far. Warlocks are a rather wide class when it comes to abilities.
If you want help just let me know.
Thank you
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Yes, the illusion was not meant to have anyone with nothing to do. I feel bad the Arkrite felt the need to pass his turn.

|
|
H
|
-Door---------

If H is the Hallway to room 2 and Door is the doorway from the room the PCs were in going to the dining room, the illusion starts at like the 'r' and goes upwards to make a corridor the bad guys think they have to funnel themselves in. I'm probably not explaining this well and I'm not sure how to do pictures. I'm sorry. I just didn't mean my actions to restrict anyone else's turn.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Oh I'm fine.
Jarrak is the tank. He is here to eat attacks! ;~)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Jarrak can take a ready action to strike anything that steps into range.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Or a defend action in case he's attacked.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I think they're already at a disadvantage, I don't think defending will help. Unless they can have double disadvantage, which sounds like something amazing for enemies to have, but not something I want to have the GM able to use against me ;~)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Ah, true. A ready action then?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

*watches the butterflies flutter past*
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Sorry about that. I've been having some issues these last few weeks so if you'll bear with me I'll explain it a bit.

I've lived with depression for most of my adult life and have (for the most part) managed it fairly well with combinations of medicine and therapy. While overall my life is pretty good the chemical imbalances in my brain sometimes leave me barely functioning - literally forcing myself to go to work and isolating myself as much as possible while there to get through the night, struggling to eat and a lot of trouble sleeping (both falling asleep and staying asleep). Let alone having the motivation to do anything, I mean watching tv is a struggle some times when I'm have a bad downswing.

The recent death in my family a few weeks ago has set me off on one of my worse episodes in the last few years. In fact it has been so bad that I took the majority of the last week off work because of it.

That did me a lot of good but then my problem was I felt extremely guilty about having let the game go and have been trying to come up with a post, way overthinking what I should do and ended up having what I call a "critical brainlock" where I end up not posting anything because the 10 other posts I've tried to write didn't feel "right" to me so I deleted them & started over (& over & over & over & then some more).

So I just wrote the most simple response I could and figured I should explain myself. Thanks for reading through all of that, & again sorry for the delay.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!