Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Spectrum »

Jack, Just Jack

Jack clears his throat. "Old man, if you're having to fight it, you're trying to hard. Just.. let it.. Be."

A soft hum on his lips, a song from a far away land, the land of the Egg people...
"Think you're really righteous?
Think you're pure in heart?
Well, I know I'm a million time as humble as thou art
I'm the pious guy the little Omlettes want to be like
On my knees day and night scorin' points for the afterlife
So don't be vain and don't be whiny
Or else, my brother, I might have to get medieval on your heinie"

and rather abruptly, his clothing has changed again, rather looking like a crossdressing cosplayer's version of Abigail.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 3x1st | Bardic Inspiration 4
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail looks curiously at Jack when he starts to sing. When his clothing shifts to hers she looks slightly disturbed for a moment then schools her features with an old bardic trick. She relocks the nails again and presents them back to Jack. "Maybe Anne would like to try. But don't let Beaker swallow them. Daft bird tried to eat a pencil once."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

Seeing a chance with Jack making a handy (and rather catchy) distraction, Tully slipped the puzzle up his sleeves and concentrated on the finished product Abigail had so proudly displayed previously. The limits of prestidigitation required it to be a single object, and it wouldn't last for more then a few seconds. Yet with some clever hand positioning and trickery on his side, he'd replace it with the 'reset' puzzle right after. Was it petty? Perhaps. Not many who spent time in the High Courts much enjoyed 'playing fair' however.

"Ahah! Now I've got it. Fine puzzle indeed laddie, If you ever come across anymore, be sure to send them my way eh?" He said with a too-bright smile, (9) seemingly ignorant of the soft 'plunk' as the actual puzzle fell from his sleeve onto the road. A small bead of sweat formed above his brow, yet still he concentrated on hi spell.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

"Oh, that looks... uh... great, Lord Tully." Abigail says unconvincingly.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

His shoulders fall into a slup, and he lets the false puzzle vanish. With a wave of his hand he picks the other back up and deposits into his palm. "Fine fine, I'll come straight, I've nae been good at these things, That was more Elanore's pursuit of interests then my own. Say, Lassy, mind giving me a few pointers? It's never shameful to ask for hep when you need it." The warmth of his smile crinkles around his eyes.
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

"Sure, ride a little closer." Abigail asks. When the Dwarven Noble does so she reaches out to lay a hand on his arm. "May Iuz's light shine upon thee." he say invoking her magics.

"Try now."
[Guidance. +1d4 on next skill attempt. I just used an Intelligence- investigation check.]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

There was a jiggle, and then a click (20) as the two nails finally came undone. He held them in each hand, a soft laugh coming as the work was observed. "Just as I thought, never shame in asking for help."
------------
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:36 pm Jack, Just Jack

Jack clears his throat. "Old man, if you're having to fight it, you're trying to hard. Just.. let it.. Be."

A soft hum on his lips, a song from a far away land, the land of the Egg people...
"Think you're really righteous?
Think you're pure in heart?
Well, I know I'm a million time as humble as thou art
I'm the pious guy the little Omlettes want to be like
On my knees day and night scorin' points for the afterlife
So don't be vain and don't be whiny
Or else, my brother, I might have to get medieval on your heinie"

and rather abruptly, his clothing has changed again, rather looking like a crossdressing cosplayer's version of Abigail.
Anne applauds, Beaker gives a begruding caw of approval.
Vivid wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:12 am Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist

Abigail looks curiously at Jack when he starts to sing. When his clothing shifts to hers she looks slightly disturbed for a moment then schools her features with an old bardic trick. She relocks the nails again and presents them back to Jack. "Maybe Anne would like to try. But don't let Beaker swallow them. Daft bird tried to eat a pencil once."
Beaker puffs himself up, clearly offending.

Anne chuckles. "I remember that. Yeah one of the other wizard's familiars dared him to, played on his ego like a cheap kazoo. I didn't know it was possible for a toad to look that smug and amused as it watched me keep Beaker from choking on the damned thing."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack flashes Anne another one of his winning smiles, the type that makes promises of clean and healthy teeth.

"Did you get enough of the churros Anne? Would featherduster want some?" After all, churros were supposed to be a gnomish treat. Or perhaps that was just something that was said for the rubes?

A slight frown as the puzzle is handed back, but it is quickly covered. His hand closes around it, a quick roll of his fingers over it, as he tries to slide the well studied pieces back apart with fingertips that had been in many a pocket.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Spectrum wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:37 pm Jack

Jack flashes Anne another one of his winning smiles, the type that makes promises of clean and healthy teeth.

"Did you get enough of the churros Anne? Would featherduster want some?" After all, churros were supposed to be a gnomish treat. Or perhaps that was just something that was said for the rubes?

A slight frown as the puzzle is handed back, but it is quickly covered. His hand closes around it, a quick roll of his fingers over it, as he tries to slide the well studied pieces back apart with fingertips that had been in many a pocket.
"There's no such thing as 'enough churros', Jack." Anne says with mock seriousness, before breaking into a smile. "And Beaker never says no to food."

Beaker caws. "Churro."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

The dwarf smiles at the younglings, and starts to turn his attention back to the road. While he had faith in the skill of Lan and her owl, it never hurt having multiple eyes on the road. My, did he see some very interesting looking trees along the road indeed. (3)
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

And so that is how the first day of transporting Gundren and Silas’ belongings go – old acquaintances reconnecting and new acquaintances being made while working a relatively easy job as the horses know what they are doing and rarely need direction aside from periodic slight adjustments to their pace.

As the sun begins to dip below out of view a spot to camp is chosen and camp is set, then the horses are tended to for the night and a fire to cook on and light up the camp once the impending dark falls is started. After dinner various discussions either continue from earlier or new ones are started as everyone becomes more familiar with one another.

Everyone eventually makes their way into their makeshift bed for the night, a far cry from the very comfortable bed had the previous night, but it was better than nothing. Obviously, a rotating watch was organized before everyone retired although all of them were quiet and uneventful (a rarity in of itself as most experienced travelers would tell you). Morning comes with the rising of the sun, rousing everyone and getting their morning routines started before a quick breakfast and packing of camp followed by readying the horses for another days work.

A few hours into the second days’ worth of travel several of you begin to feel something is off with your surroundings, you can’t quite express the feeling but your eyes scan the surrounding area for anything that might be the cause of this feeling.

OOC wrote:A Perception Check for everyone.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

His eyes peered into the forest, ever the wary and on guard even in his old age. Not a sound could escape his ears, nor smell would fool his nose. So he peered deeply into the forest- nd then he saw it. (4) Yes, of course... One of the trees was a particular dark shade of beige rather then light brown. Most unusual, he thought to himself while brushing a hand through his beard.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

Even from the back cart, the monk watches everything.
Perception: 1d20+6 26
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

"Good call on the padding."." Abigail says to Jack. "Should we do road games?"