Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan takes a moment to shift her perceptions to Kai, still vigilant outside. The talk of the town's size and predeliction as a waypoint for travelers made her want to take a look around. She directs the spirit manifestation to do a circuit of the town while she watches through his eyes and listens through his ears.
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

"Information is very easy to come by in such places. lots of road tales." Kiara chimes in her voice barely above a whisper as she takes a sip from the glass in front of her and nibbles on a platter of food.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 3x1st | Bardic Inspiration 4

Abigail Bright considers what she's read of the region.
"I more worked in the Extraplanar Archives - I was usually up to my elbows in devils and genies but for the most part I think it went down as you tell it - travelers to and from the more Elven lands needed safe places to doff their pointy shoes." She uses the colloquialism concerning Elvish fashion, at least, the least racially slurring.

"Speaking of, do we have plans on where to stay the night? I'm not sure to whom the Temple is dedicated but they might have agreements with the Sacred Library, and maybe the Monastery," she looks to the shaven monk, "to offer accommodations. Or... I have a bit of money on me. I was given a small stipend for this sabbatical but I'm afraid most of that went in to equipment... and a fascinating treatise on xenobiology and xenobotany of non-native flora and fauna." She adds the last quickly, a little embarrassed.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack rolls up to his feet and starts to stalk throughout the room, hunting the much needed ingredients for the fine street cuisine. Roasted corn, a knife, cheese or cream.

Now he had a hankering for comfort food. Delicious, sweet and creamy comfort food.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

There was something about the area at the very tip of his tongue, but his memory was being just a little bit too foggy. Tully shook his head to dismiss it as unimportant for now, deigning to bring it up with the table if and when something came back to him. "This town has several inns, does it not? There's bound to be enough lodging for us all between them. No worries, I'll make sure you're all covered." He offered, just before taking a sedate sip of his tankard.

'Hmm... Nutty. Almonds perhaps? Not too shabby for commoner's mead.' The old dwarf mused, comparing it to the hundreds of breweries he's sampled from over the years. Whoever provided the drinks to the tavern were definitely in his top fifty, though edged out just barely by Honningbrew Meadery towards the northern edge of the continent.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan.

"Two." the monk replies absently splitting her attention between the conversation and getting a view of the town through Kai.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail turns grateful eyes on the old dwarf. "[Dwarven] May the gold of your children's children shine brightly in the dark." she blesses.

"So... in these kinds of travels what normally happens now?" she asks innocently.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

"Well in real life we tend to mingle a bit more, then the person who hired us gets down to brass tacks on what's expected of us, duties, requirements, and usually we work out the logistics and requirements. Need to make sure everybody has enough food and the right gear to get through," Jarrak takes another sip of his mead, "But in the stories? Why this is where our heroes are called to action by the sound of a terrified scream that breaks the night..."

He smiles as he playfully puts a hand to one ear, as if listening for something from outside the inn.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

"<May your pockets be as fat and heavy as a dragon's arse!>" Tully exclaims, Smiling wide enough to show off his pearly whites.

Watching Jarrack a glint came to his eyes, and with a twist of his hand and whisper of draconic he summoned forth a phantom voice right next to his ear. "Bah!" It would shout, in effort to startle.
------------
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Abigail:

As you recall from your studies of the history of the area that Lut Golen is part of an old Dwarven phrase that meant "Warm fires and good beer to be had.", as the town was originally a Dwarven fort meant to watch the outer edge of the Elven kingdom. Eventually the two races brokered peace and the fort was turned into a stopping point for travelers going between the two kingdoms, with humans becoming the controlling interest of the city in the most recent decades (about 75 years in total) following the devastating raids done in the area by Orc tribes.

Lord Tully:

In addition to the above information you know that the town of Old Thundertree was one of the more serious losses to the nomadic Orc tribes, as over half the town's population was slaughtered in a single night and those that escaped were hounded by the Orcs every weary step of the way to Lut Golen where the Holland family began building their empire with the profits they generated from their pub and eventually grew their fortunes to the point that they were able to buy the inn across the road as well as funding the educations of the apprentices of the town healer and blacksmith.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:09 am "<May your pockets be as fat and heavy as a dragon's arse!>" Tully exclaims, Smiling wide enough to show off his pearly whites.
"I... don't think I've heard that one." she says in Common but chooses not to translate for those who might not know.

The 'Bah' did startle her but she recovered quickly even giving apologetic smiles to nearby patrons her sudden jumping might have alarmed.

"Maybe tomorrow we'll be able to see examples of above-ground Dwarven architecture at the nearby fort this town was based around. I'm sure not much has changed in the 75 years, barring that which the orcs ransacked and the Humans rebuilt. Still, should be interesting." Abigail pontificates.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

Jarrak winces noticeably then rubs his ear in pain.

"Ah, I stand corrected. All I could hear was the dulcet tones of a fair dwarven princess," he deadpans.

It wasn't the first time he'd been on the receiving end of that joke, and likely wouldn't be the last.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

While the group has been quietly talking with one another the sounds of an argument breaks out on the other side of the room where a dwarf with dark brown hair and a thick beard that is braided is yelling as he is pushed through the entrance by a human companion. "I agreed to pay a fair wage for the work! Trying to up yer rate now is criminal! Yer all fired!” He bellows as his companion struggles to calm the dwarf down.

“Calm yourself. Getting all worked up doesn’t do us any good.” The dark-haired man says as he guides the dwarf to an empty table as he gestures to the bar maid to bring drinks their way.

“But we need to replace those worthless, dreg-lickers now.” The dwarf says as he allows himself to be led to a seat. “We need to be in Phandelver soon, we don’t have time for this kind of scheisse.”

OOC wrote:Jarrak needs to make a Perception Check (DC 10), to see if he can get a good look at the dwarf.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

Jarrak, still rubbing his ear, leans over casually to take a quick look at the dwarf making all the noise.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

He waves his hand at the girl while shooting Jarrack a wry grin, "Once you get to be around my age, you learn all sorts of new words and phrases."

In the middle of taking a sip from his tankard, while musing over what he knew of the area he took note of the rowdy pair of dwarf and man. "Hmm... Perhaps those lads could use a good talking to, eh?"
------------