Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Tattooedman »

Tully, Anne, Jack, Abigail:

The four of you don't notice anything as you look over the remains of your former opponents.

Lan & Jarrak:

The two of you hear the sound of feet hurrying towards where the majority of the group is at.
OOC wrote:Jarrak and Lan are the only ones who made the DC.
You've got just under a minute before they arrive.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 1/2

"Foes are approaching." The monk gestures to the doorway to the kitchen.

"Do we confront them here or delay them and go after the Prisoners? Kai reports a prone dwarven form in the back area." Lan says pulling out a small weighty bag. It jingles in a way coins do not.

"We have less than a minute to decide."
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

"We can't let them surround us on both sides," Jarrak says grimly, taking up a position at the door.

He'd have preferred to rush straight to the prisoners, but he'd seen far too many foes fall when hit caught between two forces.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 1 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail frowned. "Are they coming from the boss's room we were told about, or beyond the kitchens? We'll set a trap. I have lamp oil and person-sized, stationary illusions that can help. Along with a weak-ish hand that can drop oil flasks or bags of... things on them." She says, fishing out the aforementioned vial from her gear, reshouldering her pack, and heading over to the door her uncle was positioned by. She kept her shield with her. and stuck her head out to see which direction the noise was coming from.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 1/2

Following the bard's lead, Lan leans through the door into the dining room [#3] to determine which direction the foes approach prepared to hurl the bag if they were closer than expected.

Back room:

In the slave area Kai gently lands, not too close to the amassed prisoners but within the reach of their chained forms. He sets down the dagger he bore the length of the complex back here and awkwardly waddles away from it, hooting encouragingly in a non-threatening way. Bowing respectfully once to the assembled group.
Kai looks from the group to Kiara.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

The fop flashes a grin, "So, we're going to barricade at least one of the directions. A good plan, a good plan indeed. We have many ways to go about that, whether sharps under the foot or other methods along the way. My only concern is that we need to make sure that we leave a way back from our trap lest we are the ones trapped instead."

He pauses a moment more, "Though if we are quick about it, we should be able to bring the battle to one side before the other can join us. We just must act quickly to overcome, leaving little time to slow the group gathering at our then back."
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

Kiara detached herself from the shadows and made her way to the locks holding the chained prisoners captive pulling a small leather pouch she produced a series of picks and files which she then set to work on the locks. She didnt speak just focused on the work at hand trusting kai to alert her to any danger

Kiaras SOH Check to pick locks she has tools for it with profiency _: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
Should be good for a basic lock
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Kiara & Kai:

The captives stare for a moment at the knife the owl sat in front of them before one of their number, a young girl who might be all of 19 or 20 at most, steps forward cautiously and picks up the knife and begins trying to use the point to pick her shackles open. While her progress is slow she is determined and while she works Kiara steps out of the shadows and begins picking the shackles with her lock picks, and Kiara's experience allows her to make short work of the simple locks as she quickly makes her way down the chain freeing each of the slaves.

As she finishes the next to last prisoner, the girl with the knife finally frees herself then moves towards the back of the group by the corner where she hovers protectively over the covered person lying on the floor. It's at this point that Kiara notices the person lying on the floor is actually hidden halfway inside the wall thanks to a small hand dug hole, which has made the person appear to be dwarven size when in reality they are the size of an adult human.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack lightly snaps his fingers together, a sparkle of vivid dark purple and black dancing from the tips.

A soft voice, calling out in the elven tongue. "How are things going back there?"

His other hand brushes down over his side, hefting two small bags, one of leather (similar to the toys) and another smaller brown paper bag before they start to be juggled. One after the other rising and falling, only to be replaced by the next.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"
HP 15/18 | AC: 14 | Init: +2 | Perception: 11
-Spell Slots: 2/3
--Sorcery Points: 2/2
---Inspiration: None

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Tulyl held his hands up in ready, fuzzy brows knit with concentration. "We've nary any time to plan much ahead. Go with your instinct."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

The mad lad's hand twitches again, as a shimmery purple and dark blue carries a bag full of metal puzzles, scattering them across the ground at the entrance of the current room.

Somehow, they all manage to have one sharp and nasty point eager to reach out for goblin toes.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

[Which entrance did Jack scatter the caltrops? There are three. the South is the direction we came from, the North is the direction Kiara went, the West has Abigail (and others?) in it who's trying to determine if the goblins are coming from the boss's room or beyond the dining room. (we know there were two goblins in the kitchen from when the owl came that way).

All in all we had a very good plan.]
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Lan & Abigail:

Peering through the doorway you both see six more goblins coming, followed by a much larger goblin that seems to be spurring them on.

The goblins are coming from the far end of room 3, where they were apparently enjoying a snack until the larger fellow came in and took charge of them.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail gives a little 'eep' and summons a 5ft tall wall of thickened stone, it's North side and top bristles with sharp-looking spikes. The illusion is summoned north of the doorway and reaches from the wall almost to the nearby pillar. She hopes the minor illusion will give them pause and funnel them from one direction. It's short enough that things could be lobbed over it but not easily scaled or leapt upon, not that such would be a good idea to try with how vicious those spikes look.

She then falls a bit back so others could fill the gap should they wish.
DC14 investigation(INT) check (or 'touching' it) to determine it's an illusion.
then move a few squares back.

New initiatives or keep the ones we rolled, prior?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

Kiara looked at the covered figure before gingerly toeing it from behind where it couldn't reach her.

"Gunrun?" she asked evenly
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories