Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14
The entertainer turns to grin up to Kiara, "Lady of the roads, what is the policy in this region on the disposing of bandits?"
Again Kiara gives that odd bird like quirk of the head before answering in the soft monotone "the Magistrate would most likely hang them after a brief trial or send them to hard labor in the mines."

that ice cold gaze swept over the Goblins with no emotion registering "they are goblins though, might just kill them on the spot and be done with it."

As she said this she checked the edges of the two Khurki blades efficiently for any imperfections in the edge
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

"Killing defeated foes would be frowned upon despite the misery, thievery and, no doubt, lost lives they had a hand in." the monk's words seem to give her an idea. "Since we can't have them getting to the camp ahead of us, and there is an imbalance that must be addressed, I say we break sword hands, that they are less able to take up weapons to waylay travelers again, and twist one of their ankles each so that their progress through the woods is slowed. Removal of the first two fingers and a minor leg wound each would accomplish the same. Then we let them loose to fend for themselves. They'll have a decent chance of like. I doubt the beasts in these woods will be out until well after sundown and when their injuries heal they'll still be able to tend a farm in they can get such work. I'd have no qualms about enacting this Justice." Lan offers dispassionately when the Librarian and 'helpful' goblin were out of earshot.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak paces back and forth looking grim.

With a sigh, he shakes his head.

"I'd be happy to execute them myself but for two things. I don't know of any crimes beyond their attack on us, and if they are to believed my cousin yet lives," He sighs, "And the concept of inflicting injury on helpless prisoners sits poorly on me. Blame my time in the troops."

"I say we tie them. To a tree, or hanging by their ankles from a branch if we're worried about animals getting to them. If we are successful we'll return than see them off to the local authorities. If not? Well, hopefully the gods take more pity on them than they did on us."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

"We can get an accounting of their doings from the small goblin if that would ease your conscience." Lan suggests to Jarrak and the others.

"To clarify, I'm not slathering for blood and violence. But if they get away and rob, perhaps kill, one of my fellow messenger monks or another group of travelers, a measure of that act will be on our souls for doing nothing to prevent it."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

"Their guilt, or relative innocence, can wait. I would rather not waste any more time than we need to. Should we rescue my cousin? We should have all the time we need to decide on their fates," He says.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack pauses a moment, a slight nod. "We should be readied to go and soon. I have need to take care of something, I'll be with you shortly. My.." he grins a little lopsidedly, "I need to see a man about a horse?"

He meets a few eyes within the group, those of a more serious bent. A very loud silent gesture that says 'Make those kind of heart go away'.

Deception: _: 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14

And quite likely, those of a keen eye will see right through him if they chose to.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
insight: 1d20+4 11
With the decision made, Lan wastes no further thought on the matter and misses any cues. "I'll draft a note to pin on the tree the goblins hang from marking them as road bandits and telling of our return."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore

Jarrak crosses his arms and gives Jack a flat look with a raised eyebrow. The whole effect makes him look like a disapproving older brother.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

The young man switches raised eyebrow to eyebrow, "Jarrak, you really need to work on that smoldering gaze if you're going to seduce me. Now go, weren't you saying something about being the hero and saving the innocent?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

Insight: 14

The dwarf smiles at Jack genially, and pats the young-apparent man upon his side. "Iffin' ya say laddie. Sending 'em back on horseback might just be the best option afterall. Not sure how ye' hoping to manage it, but I can trust ye' can't I?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail is blissfully unaware of the interplay behind her as she leads Kreech some ways away to have him draw a map of how to get to the camp from here, draw a map of the camp itself, including an explanation of the 'traps' mentioned, and go over key locations like the cheif's hut and where prisoners might be kept.

She's memorizing it all and constructing a presentation for the rest of the group. She'll be deepening the lines drawn in the dirt and adding different colored/shaped stones to represent different things. Compiling and repackaging data in a coherent format was one of the many duties a lorist must excel at in the Sacred Library. She'll work with Kreech to perfect Minor Illusions of some of the more salient features and enemies to aide her presentation.
[I'm not sure what skill, if any, this would fall under. Probably doesn't need a roll, just musing.]
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack gazes back at Lord Tully with a vague sense of confusion. What? Where? Direct speech may have been more useful.

"Consider the matter taken care of." He gives a warm laugh, "Now, go go, I'll catch up in just a moment. After all, we have dwarves to ravish and maidens to rescue." he comically pauses, twitching his fingers from side to side. "Well, something in the kind in there. Go, go.."

His eyes meet Jarrak's. "Go."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Abigail:

Kreech points out the valuables he and his cohorts had collected, following your rule of being honest which is clearly a new habit for him as there is much hesitation in his telling the fates of the previous owners. Most of them of either died due to mistreatment by the goblins or were traded as slaves to other goblin tribes, but none the less the end result is the same - the previous owners are highly unlikely to be able to claim their stolen goods.

When it comes time to make a map of his clan's camp Kreech surprises you when he reveals that his clan lives in a cave system. None the less he does a good job of showing where chief's living space, where the majority of the other clan members sleep, where slaves are kept, and the traps hidden within (pretty much the standard ones one would expect - pit traps, falling boulders, poison darts, slamming logs and such).

OOC wrote:I'll work on a map and share it once it's done. These 3rd shift hours are hard on a GM :~(
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 14/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail is an apt student to Kreech's words. Based on his directions, how long will it take us to travel there?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

"This is the camp?" Kiara asks Abigail as she basically appears from her blind spot quiet as a cat. She looks down and studies the map of the cavern system with a practiced eye noting traps patrols barracks armory and prison and the chieftains living space which could come in handy.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories