Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 2/2

"You mean send Kai in with a bag of whatever unsavory thing to drop in whatever they are cooking that night?" Lan says from her cross-legged meditation position. "Could work."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

"Could you perhaps change Kai into something more sneaky? Something that could drop the special package and do some spying for you? Maybe something that you can see through?"

A moment's more consideration. "Kreech, what is above the clan home? A hill? A mountain?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

"Reforming Kai would be an additional hour of concentration and the expenditure of a special herb incense mix. While I do have some, I keep it for emergencies in case he's ever hit by a lucky shot. I'm not sure why your dalliance's other lover felt it worth 10 Gold to alter her companion's form so frequently, but that is not a trivial choice to make." Lan explains.

"Besides there aren't may animals more sneaky than an owl and his aerial superiority will give him the mobility to still sow chaos and avoid capture or easy attacks, which would reveal the ruse immediately."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

"Owls have specialized flight feathers that reduce the passage of air. It softens the air currents and allows them to fly quieter than any other bird. The Natural Sciences section of the Sacred Library has volumes of studies conducted." Abigail says, not able to resist sharing trivia.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

The old dwarf walked with the group hands clasped behind his back as he listened to them plan. It reminded him of those many evenings spend with his sons and other clan associates when they discussed business. Today's truly were truly filled with so many bright ideas, it soothed his heart. Of course, it's good to try and steer the conversation a few times as well. "Say... This clan has just recently captured a few dwarves of their own, what's to say that our little Kreech had a similar bout of success, hm?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack nods, shrugs and smiles, "Your wisdom far exceeds mine." and goes sullenly silent.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

"Well, that would be one way to get one or more of our people in with the hostages," Jarrak says with slow nod, "I can't say that I'd want to do that if we don't have to, it's very dangerous, but I can certainly see the value."

He looks around, "Okay, lets see if we can get closer to the hideout and see what they're doing. We can finalize our decisions then."

"Once we've had a few minutes lets find somewhere we can hide the carts off the road. Those of us with familiars, would you be able to scout the area ahead of us?"
Jarrak asks, "As for marching order, do we have any volunteers to lead the way? I'd do it myself but even with a cloak over it this armor makes a lot of noise. I'm afraid I'd ruin any chance of surprise we might have."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

"Kiara, Kai, and I are suited for scouting I think." Lan says, glancing to the sleight woman.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail will climb onto the bench of the lead cart and has Kreech sit next to her (between her and Jarrak when/if he climbs on).

"Shall we?" she asks her companions.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully""

"Aye, we're wasting time that could be better spent rescuing a lonesome pair of idiots who decided to travel without their guard." Tully agrees, saddling himself back onto his steed.
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack settles once more into the caravan. After a moment, he reaches into one of his bags and pulls for another of those famous gnomish churros.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

After taking a small bit of time to tend to yourselves and the goblins, you arrive near the cave where the carts can be safely left unattended (at least according to Kreech).

OOC wrote:Just for ease of reference, here's the map of the goblin's cave.

So going with drugging the goblin's food, to find the right kind of plants requires a Nature Skill Check (DC 15).
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Though not specifically well-versed in the practical applications of woodcraft, Abigail was well read and invoked Iuz for guidance.
She offers her findings to Anne or Lan, whoever was sending their familiar in.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

Lan accepts the satchel of fungus and other plant clippings and folds a broad, thin leaf to transport them. The whole thing could be dropped in a pot and steep its purgative properties. Lan was not looking forward to the stench made by a successful plan.

She planned to send Kai down the chimney to stealthily drop the bundle into the pot of whatever was cooking. Hopefully with a distraction from Kreech the goblin and (maybe) the raven familiar.

If there were any spells, blessings, or encouragement the group had to aid the owl's success, those would be appreciated too.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully""

The old dwarf busies himself by getting the horses tied up to some trees, with a loose knot incase they needed to make a quick get-away. Abigail and Lan, it appeared, had most of the plan covered already.
------------