NetherWar: Master of Earth (OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: NetherWar recruiting (OOC)

Post by FuzzyBoots »

JDRook wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:07 pm
FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:40 pm Anyone interested in doing the Seven character? I had to GMPC her in my Discord game, and I'd prefer not to have to do so again. :)
Seven would be cool. I can read more into her history in the other books and play her established character. If no one else is jumping on that, I want in.
That would be good. If I don't get any additional submissions, I might start as soon as next Monday, even if we don't get all four Next-Gen characters. It is a scaleable adventure.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I have Hero High, so I don't need Catalyst's backstory. I like the idea of a hybrid energy projector/gadgeteer.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Zero Prime wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 pm I'm not a huge fan of pre-mades, but I dig the Teacher-Student vibe between Seven and the Next Gen members.

If given the choice I'd love the opportunity to build a Duplicator style hero, without using Duplicate, or Summons, or anything that break the action economy of M&M. I can get some mechanics up tomorrow morning for review if the idea flies with you Fuzzy.
Are you still considering that concept, Zero Prime?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

:) Anyone else? Any questions I can answer about the scenario?
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am thinking about this game . How often do you expect people to post as I may not be able to post every day?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:34 pm I am thinking about this game . How often do you expect people to post as I may not be able to post every day?
Every other day will perhaps suffice, especially if you're ok with things like Toughness saves being rolled for you on occasion.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Would you prefer for us to use the pre-generated characters, or are originals okay?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:48 pm Would you prefer for us to use the pre-generated characters, or are originals okay?
Either can work. If you do an original character, it would be easiest story-wise if you let them be part of Next Gen.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Couldn't get a build i liked for the Duplicator, but looking through the Hero High book, would you be open to me doing a build for Junior, the Sasquatch powerhouse?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Zero Prime wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:30 am Couldn't get a build i liked for the Duplicator, but looking through the Hero High book, would you be open to me doing a build for Junior, the Sasquatch powerhouse?
Sure. As I said before, I'd prefer you not go crazy with over-optimizing things.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I would be interested in playing Miss Kitty. I don't have the 3e version of Hero High though. Is there information I should know about the character beyond the build?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:57 am I would be interested in playing Miss Kitty. I don't have the 3e version of Hero High though. Is there information I should know about the character beyond the build?
PM sent
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Junior, Wally Thompson, Jr.

Junior - PL 8

Strength 10, Stamina 10, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Close Attack 2, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Favored Foe: Animals, Fearless, Improved Hold, Interpose, Power Attack

Skills
Expertise: Wilderness Survival 8 (+8), Insight 4 (+6), Perception 10 (+12), Persuasion 6 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throw Object 6 (+6)

Powers
Choke Hold: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Grab-based)
. . Debris Field: Environment 2 (Alternate; Impede Movement (2 ranks), Visibility (-2), Radius: 60 feet; Distracting)
. . Makeshift Wall: Create 10 (Alternate; Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Limited: Material Toughness of surrounding Objects, Permanent, Reduced Range: close)
Forest Guardian
. . Concealment: Concealment 8 (All Aural Senses, All Olfactory Senses, All Visual Senses; Blending, Limited: Only in Natural Surroundings, Passive)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed; Limited: Only in Natural Environments)
Massive Frame (Reach (melee): 5 ft.)
Monstrous Power: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Distracting, Limited to Lifting)
Predatory Senses: Senses 4 (Acute: Scent, Extended: Hearing 1: x10, Low-light Vision, Tracking: Scent 1: -1 speed rank)
Primal Will: Healing 10 (Limited: Personal Effect, Limited: Power Fails until Triggering Damage healed Naturally, Temporary)
Savage Speed: Speed 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
. . Leaping: Leaping 5 (Alternate; Leap 250 feet at 60 miles/hour)
Tough Hide: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)

Offense
Initiative +2
Choke Hold: Affliction 10, +6 (DC Fort 20)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
Throw, +6 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 25)

Complications
Enemy: As a child of one of the Cryptid Clans found in the wilderness around Emerald City, Junior is hunted by Majestic-20 because they suspect his inhuman origins.
Identity: Junior is large and slightly unusual looking, but he isn’t fully matured, so he still looks mostly human. As such, he maintains a secret identity as Wally Thompson, Jr.
Motivation: Uphold the Good: Raised by his loving, adoptive (human) family, Junior wants to make the world a better place and does everything he can to be a good person and a good example.
Power Loss: A child of the Cryptid Clans, Junior's health and well being is closely tied to the wilderness, and if the wilderness around him is corrupted, contaminated, or otherwise damaged he will share it's pain, often being weakened until the issue is resolved.
Responsibility: An orphan of the Cryptid Clans, Wally still feels a sense of responsiility for the Clan's well being and will aid them if he is aware of any threat to them. A creature of the mountains and forests, he also feels a strong connection to the wild places of the earth, and is an environmental activist and will go out of his way to preserve the wilderness from needless exploitation.

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 4, Fortitude 10, Toughness 12, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 29 + Advantages 12 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 120

Base: Claremont Academy, Freedom City

When their clan was being hunted down and destroyed by a rogue faction of the U.S. government, Junior’s parents sent their baby son away in the arms of a faun from another of the Cryptic Clans. The faun obeyed his friends’ wishes and sneaked onto an isolated farm and left their child on the doorstep. The child was quickly discovered and adopted by the young family who had no children of their own. Junior grew quickly and his new parents realized something was different about him; regardless they raised him as best they could, teaching him to be good to others, to lend a hand when needed, and to keep his other abilities secret.

Junior was an adventurous boy and liked to spend his time in the mountains and forests that surrounded his home. When he could, he helped people who were lost or stranded in the forest, especially when the weather turned against them. It was on one of these excursions that he encountered some of the Cryptid Clans, who recognized him for what he was and explained what had happened with his parents, and more importantly told Junior he was a young sasquatch. They also told him the men who had killed his clan were back, calling themselves Majestic-20, armed with high- tech weapons, and looking to wipe out all of the Cryptid Clans.

Junior helped them defeat a small battalion of Majestic-20 agents with the aid of Mongrel, Rocky, and Victor. After the battle, when they heard Junior’s story, they suggested the boy seek training with Duncan Summers and put the two in touch. Shortly thereafter, Junior move to Claremont Academy with the blessings of his parents.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Since it looks like someone else has picked up Miss Kitty, I'll pitch my flight speedster, Charger. I'll double check my sheet and tie-in to the Next Gen, and post it shortly.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:32 pm Since it looks like someone else has picked up Miss Kitty, I'll pitch my flight speedster, Charger. I'll double check my sheet and tie-in to the Next Gen, and post it shortly.
Not interested in Blue Bolt then?