NetherWar: Master of Earth (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: NetherWar: Master of Earth (IC)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Miss Kitty

I guess that explains why we're here. Sounds like no onevelsevwas available.

"I guess somebody's got to stop the bad guys, might as well be us. A lift sounds great. Just give me a second to change into something more appropriate."

With a bit of concentration, Amelia called upon the Goddess Bastet and transformed into her feline form.

After stretching a bit, she announced: "That's better. Let's go get them!" she practically purred.
Initiative: 1d20+7: 21 [1d20=14] https://orokos.com/roll/842698
Last edited by CaptainChaos on Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

NGM
HP: 1, Condition: Normal

NGM's face broke out into a wide, cocky smirk. He floated up a few inches from hangar floor, a golden aura flaring around his body. "If that's what's up, then you're lucky you brought the best member of Next-Gen here," the teen jabbed a thumb into his chest.
He stepped forward, looked to his teammates, "Alright Next Gen, stay tight, follow the League's lead."
"Pft, save it, Sasquatch," NGM retorted, not interested in taking his teammate's suggestions; the young hero could take care of himself just fine, after all. He took off in a golden streak into the air to join Charger and Catalyst in the skies.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Charger
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Aj took a quick look at the bunch of ugly goons- it didn't look like they were hiding any surprises. She banked smoothly and came in on the left side of their crude formation, aiming at the nearest Fomorian- they were big, but how tough were they?

>OOC: Keeping this basic. Charger will maneuver and attack with Jet Strike. Power attack -2/+2, routine check for minions (I hope I'm remembering that rule right; if not I'll roll later); so hit vs. Dodge 18, DC 23 Toughness. Should it become relevant, she has Takedown 2 and plenty of move.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Charger

Zooming down from the heavens, you successfully hammer one of the deformed giants to the drink with your wake, but the next in line is steady enough that the sudden turbulence throws you off, forcing you to pull away to recover your flight path enough to avoid crashing into the landscape.
OOC wrote:That's sufficient for two degrees of success, which boosts it to DC 25 with your Multiattack. Toughness: 1D20+10 = [3]+10 = 13, 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27 has only one of them falling to the attack before your Takedown is stopped.

Where do you want to wind up?

Miss Kitty is most likely up next, unless Junior rolls a 20 for Initative.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Charger

'Gosh darn it,' AJ muttered- these fellas were tougher than they looked. She swooped around, hanging in the air off to the right of their loose formation- if they wanted to come after her it would keep them from going after the building.

>OOC: Set up about 50 feet in the air and 100 feet out from the Fomorians, off to their right. (If looking from above, the door of the building at 6 o'clock and fomorians at the center of the dial, put AJ at 9 o'clock)
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Bres chuckles in a booming voice, and tosses his hair back. "They send wee bairns after me, a little slip of a girl who thinks she's some sort of pixie. I should be thanking you for removing a weak link in my force, but I'm here for the Orb of Balor and I'll be taking it." He begins strolling toward the damaged doors, motioning for the two Fomorians at his side to clear his way. They enthusiastically shoulder-charge the doors, hitting them with a resounding crash, warping them open enough to allow the average person through, but at the cost of one of them reeling back, bleeding heavily from splinters driven into his arm. Bres stops and eyes the situation before barking out a short laugh.
"Ah, but that one is one me..."
OOC wrote:Bres's Standard action is to fire off his Snare (technically speaking, the Grasp of Gomorhummaz) at Charger. Attack roll (Snare): 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19 beats your Dodge Defense, leaving you to a DC 18 Dodge check. First degree failure is Hindered/Vulnerable. Second degree is Defenseless and Immobilized. Saves to escape it are rolled with Damage.

He'll then use his Move action to walk to the door. The two Fomorians at his side will Slam attack the door to batter it down, rolling for damage. I'll say that it's down to a +8 Toughness save after the prior ramming with the car. Attack roll (Slam); Toughness save: 1D20+5 = [5]+5 = 10; 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12
1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14; 1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24

Heh... they both hit for a DC 28 Toughness save, but the first one fails his save against Slam damage (that's why minions don't do Slam attacks)... for the door, that's Toughness save: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18 and 1D20+8 = [18]+8-1 = 25, which actually leaves it largely intact, albeit with a hole in it.

Initiative:
Charger - 30
Miss Kitty - 21
Bres and Fomorian - 19
Catalyst - 12
Fomorians x6 - 6
Junior - 6
NGM - 5
Seven - 2

Catalyst is up.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Charger

Charger hung floating in the air- as Bres' spell rose towards her, she hardly seemed to move at all.

Until the last possible instant- with a wave of one hand she darted sideways in a manner that seemed to defy normal physics. The glittering hazard of the spell sailed past her, though with little room to spare.

>OOC: As noted in the OOC, with her enhanced defenses, that will miss.
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Catalyst
HP: 1

Oh no, he is beautiful!

Reena reminded herself to focus as she hovered over the street, a green aura complementing NGM's gold one.

"Hey! Weird creepy giants! Put down our benches and plants, it's RUDE!"

She swung her control rod, and a dot of green light the size of a golf ball fell between the half dozen giants making nuisances of themselves in the street. Then it exploded.
OOC wrote:Rank 6 area attack, so DC 16 Dodge for half damage, and DC 21 toughness save.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Catalyst

When the green flash of the explosions fades, two more giants lie unconscious on the ground, but the others are already making their way back to their feet and looking angrier.
"Get the door!" Bres commands, gesturing at the front of the building.

The ones holding the truck hurl it at the front door of Freedom Hall, smashing the door into flinders!
"Right. Now seek out the Eye while I deal with these children." The giants pour through the door and into the interior as Bres looks up into the sky at the two current Next-Gen members.

"I think you'll be finding me a bit harder to deal with, children."
OOC wrote:I'm going to say that you can catch four of them in the 30 foot radius. Dodge/Toughness: 1D20+3 = [12]+3 = 15; 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18
1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10; 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28
1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11; 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15;
1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4; 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28
has none of them making their dodge saves, but two of them roll sufficient Toughness saves.

They'll use their actions to smash the door in and move into the building. Bres and his remaining bodyguard already used their action, so they're still outside. Junior (and Miss Kitty), then NGM, are next, then Seven.

Initiative:
Charger - 30
Miss Kitty - 21
Bres and Fomorian - 19
Catalyst - 12
Fomorians x4 - 6
Junior - 6
NGM - 5
Seven - 2
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Junior, Wally Thompson, Jr.
Dodge: 4 | Parry: 4 | Toughness: 12 | Fortitude: 10 | Will: 6 | Hero Points: 1
Active Effects: Predatory Senses (Acute Scent, Extended Hearing, Low-Light Vision, Tracking Scent (1))
Conditions: None.

Seeing the others leaving without helping the two members who couldn't fly, Junior turned to Miss Kitty and extended a hand.
"What do you think? I'll jump up and throw a clawed fastball at Mr. Big and Beautiful out there? Or I can just get you there and let you do the test." He smiles good-naturedly. "Far be it from me to tell a lady what to do."
OOC wrote:I talked to a few people about how to do the Fastball Special, and I've decided to go the Team Attack route. Optionally, you can treat it as a Slam Attack, with Junior's Strength as the "Movement", with the attendant +2 to rank of the attack. You both get to roll the attack roll, and then it gets treated as a Slam Attack, with that added damage. The former gives you a much better chance at increased damage, but at the risk of hurting yourself. Otherwise, Junior can probably just grab her and jump to get her there, then she can attack.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Miss Kitty

Amelia growled lowly and extended her claws.

"I think a clawed fastball sounds purrfect."
Claw attack on Bres: 1d20+9: 25 [1d20=16] DC 22 https://orokos.com/roll/843360
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

Junior scooped Amelia up with one hand, and squats down before launching himself high into the sky. At the apex of his jump, about a 100 feet up in the air, he throws Miss Kitty with extreme force toward the Irish giant. Evidently, they still needed to work on the maneuver a bit, because Amelia found herself launch in more of a corkscrew, but it's close enough that she's able to course-correct, claws-first. At the last moment, one of the giants who'd charged the door earlier stumbles into her path, and Miss Kitty feels her claws sink deep, even as she finds her momentum stopped more abruptly than she had expected.
OOC wrote:Junior's Attack roll (throw): 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17 throw would have missed, but Miss Kitty will hit for the DC of 27 (Junior's Strength of 10+2 for the slam) and has to make a save against DC 21 for the impact. The remaining Fomorian bodyguard does use Interpose. Toughness save: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17 has him fail, and the heroes definitely have the numbers advantage now.

Initiative:
Charger - 30
Bres - 19
Catalyst - 12
Fomorians x4 - 6
Junior - 6
Miss Kitty - delayed from 21
NGM - 5
Seven - 2

NGM is up next.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

NGM
HP: 1

NGM's eyes locked in on the one giving orders and firing off spells at Country Girl. The others in Next-Gen could deal with the extras; this one was his. Seven called him Bres the Beautiful, right? Whatever, he was alright-looking. Wouldn't be once NGM was through with him. He barreled down on the Formorian from above, attempting to squish him into the ground with a speeding dropkick.

"Heads-up, pretty boy!" he shouted, cranking up the golden shine around himself as if to draw attention to his attack.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Gamemaster

As NGM descends, Bres steps back, taking the hit across his well-muscled chest, apparently with no lasting effect as he shoves NGM away. He frowns, and speaks.
"Well now, this is fun and all, sparring with children, but I'd hoped to meet this new Master Mage. I was told that she'd be here, not mere children... ah well, if she's yielding the Eye to me, well, go breá."
OOC wrote:Bres weathers the hit with Toughness: 1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26

Seven is up next, followed by, at the top of the initiative order, Charger.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

SEVEN

Now that's sounds like my cue, Serena thought as she drifted from the Sky-bike and out through the open hangar doors to get a true view of the action on the ground. She felt the shape of the winds around her and the mystic signature of Ghorummaz, and decided she should put on her teacher's hat again and give this invader a lesson.
OOC: Will float 60' out from the hangar (Move) and use Elemental Mastery of Ghorummaz (Descriptor: Air, essentially a small tornado) to Grab Bres in the same way he tried to grab Charger, only hopefully successfully.
1d20+11: 20 [1d20=9]
Successful Grab is STR 12 so DC22 to resist
"Greetings, Bres! The Master Mage was occupied when you arrived, but I can see you are in desperate need of some education, perhaps in the finer points of the weavings of Ghorummaz? If not I trust my team to see you on your way."