Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Yes, the power mentions activating the power after injuring a target, but I think in contextual circumstances, you could certainly pin someone down using this without having to actually harm them, but in combat, you'll have to decisively hit them, which means you’ll ultimately harm them in order to get the weapon into a position to effectively pin them with it.

If someone is sitting at a table and you walk up and just place your weapon on their lap and activate the power for example though, that would be fine to use it without harming them/

As for pulling a strike, not exactly. There is the targetted attack which would normally be used to target a specific body part, but easy enough to say you target non-vitals and we can use it that way. You simply roll with disadvantage to do this, but there is a free action you can take to negate that disadvantage and attack normally while still making the targetted shot. You must declare this in advance though, obviously. :)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Also, I said I'd get the ball rolling on Sunday and it is just after midnight here, so the in character thread is up!

Sorry to railroad a little for having you all accept the contract, but it's just to get you all together with less "you all meet in a bar" and glossing past what would ultimately be boring interviews.

If you have any questions your characters would ask Indius, feel free to ask them here as we play. My intent isn't to rob you of opportunity to gather information, but to fast track the meeting of your characters and get the show on the road, literally. :)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

If anyone is curious how generous a 200 silver per week wage is, I'll break it down for you.

A commoner's room is 5 silver per day, so 35 silver for a week. Food, most commoners would be looking at bread, some kind of vegi, and a bag of rice for the week. So that's 2 silver for the wek with an additional 2 per day, for 16 silver. Add in a little extra for day to day purchases and ability to save up a little, and you're looking at about 55ish silver a week as a standard wage for a common laborer. So 200 silver a week is a generous wage, if not astronomically so.

It allows you to stay in a traveler's room, afford meat and mead regularly, and save to upgrade your equipment.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Do 6s reroll in this system?

Edit: and if the grey is too hard to read please let me know and sorry for the wall of text.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

6s do not explode here. :) And advantage is someone you have only when you have something that grants it to you. Still, you have a good roll.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The 200 up front, can we spend that now? and since we have a few days in a town I was looking to get the Fangs Upgrade, Which can be done in 2 days and is an Average Quality Upgrade.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Yup. It was my intention to allow you to spendt he up front funds if you wanted.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I would like to purchase the following:
Leather Boots 40 SP
Leather Bracers 20 SP

Should add a point of armor against Slashing and Elemental, and still money left over for other things.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Question; How much can we change our weapon bonds via modification? Can they be worked into new weapons entirely?

Let me take my shortspear for example. Could I in theory transform it into anogher polearm with enough modification? If I had the blade removed and the haf lengthened, would it turn into a staff?

If it's possible for melee weapons to undergo such changes, could the same happen with firearms? Dog has a flintlock, could that be 'upgraded' into a pistol?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

You can add to weapons, but aside from a few specific modifications, you can't really subtract from it.

So you could never change a Spear into a staff. You can't add a modification that grants a quality the weapon already has.

At its core, the bond is what it is regardless of modifications. The core attributes will never change to be something else.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

There is an upgrade to add the Reach property and there's an upgrade to Combine your bond with a different weapon. There's also a power that let's you trasform your bond weapon. New Powers are potentially obtained by beating Supernatural things and absorbing their essence.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Will the expected caravan route take us through places to potentially shop in?
I'm assuming that we'll be paid per week. But that means little if there's no where to shop.
I doubt we'll be able to get Upgrades during the caravan since that requires leaving a weapon with the smith, but maybe things like armor?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Depends on how the caravan operates, we might spend a few days at a time as they trade goods or set up market stalls. Less time spent if it's more pick up and delivery, more time if they try to barter their wares.

Looking at s few weapon mods. What does "Poison II" and "Rending" do? I also had an idea for the shortspear. If I gave it self-destruct, could I use Duplicate Weapon to essentially turn my duplicated spears into grenades?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Rending is a weapon property - If weapon causes injury the target must make a Tier 1 Endurance check at the beginning of their next turn or receive an additional injury.

Poison II is very similar to Rending but the save goes on for 5 rounds and is Tier 2.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What time of day is it?

I *think* self-destruct and Duplicate work together, but its Gunmetal_Rainbow's* call.

* whose name, unless there are objections, I will be shortening to GR henceforth.