Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I must be subtly making Ericka more and more violent, as my first thought was to blow up a side of the farmhouse with explosive spears.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Can't argue the impact and impression it would leave, not to mention like as not being really effective.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

For clarity sake, and I'm sorry I forgot to mention, I was giving Moira advantage for using her raptor in conjunction with the auto success of using the spyglass (basically a cumulative roll for both methods of reconnoitering), meaning sue actually got a total of 5 successes, which is a lot.

When I say she's relatively confident in the numbers of what she saw, I mean she could put money on it that she's not overlooking a bunch of extra people. She can confirm six and if she's missing any, it's like maybe one or two, tops. But she's feeling confident in that six

That said, Red's cautiousness is fair and warranted as well, and his suggestion of keeping tabs on the place for a day for safety sake is perfectly reasonable as well.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:59 pm That said, Red's cautiousness is fair and warranted as well, and his suggestion of keeping tabs on the place for a day for safety sake is perfectly reasonable as well.
And now all I can think is: Oh, I guess I know what Dog will look like if he makes it to old age. :lol:

Gunmetal_Rainbow

I've got the rolls I need from Moira for her part in the plan, just need stealth and any cunning tests for power usage from anyone else please. :)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I want to try getting our momentum up a bit. If we're stalling out because people don't have anything to input, I would really appreciate if we could get a little ooc input that you're good to move so we know you've seen what has been posted, but don't necessarily have anything to add at that moment.

This way we can know what we are waiting on, hopefully. :)

And I'm not trying to call anyone out on it. I'm sure we are all guilty of having nothing to add, and just waiting to see if anyone else posts, but without letting the rest of the group know oocly that you don't have anything to contribute at the moment.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm not sure if any rolls are needed from me.
I'm not entirely sure what's happening at the moment. I'm assuming we're starting the assault?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Nope, you guys are good for moving forward.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:58 am
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:14 pm
Just waiting on starting recovery and actions from Ericka and Red
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Not sure Petrifying enchants your weapon to petrify-on-hit, I think it's a melee 'spell' that they resist at the moment you cast it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Per the house rules, since the first action Dog took was a recovery I think he actually gets 2+succeses rather than just 1+. Not sure if taking the spear was a Free Action, but if it wasn't he can still use a Focus Free action for another +1AT. Do I have that right?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:59 pm Not sure Petrifying enchants your weapon to petrify-on-hit, I think it's a melee 'spell' that they resist at the moment you cast it.
Yeah. You prime the spell, and the next time you hit (it doesn't discharge on a whiff) the spell goes off. If you deal any damage at all, the spell works. If you fail do do damage (armor blocked it for example) then the spell us used, but has no effect.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:50 am Per the house rules, since the first action Dog took was a recovery I think he actually gets 2+succeses rather than just 1+. Not sure if taking the spear was a Free Action, but if it wasn't he can still use a Focus Free action for another +1AT. Do I have that right?
Yeah, initiate recovery, then taking recovery as his first action would have that action at successes+2.

As for the spear, it's fine that he was handed it as Erica's free action, he doesn't need to use one to accept it. that would be rude, then yes, he could use Focus as a free action for one more AT.

But that was a really rough set of recovery rolls for Red. :(

If he wants to use his free action for something else, he should have 3 AT now though, but he can Focus for one more.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She was only priming the spell. That seemed allowed after that sewer incident, so she's holding it until she can try an injurry
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:57 pm But that was a really rough set of recovery rolls for Red. :(
Could be worse.
If it was poor Tattooedman rolling it would have been five 1's.
His luck with dice is infamous :lol:
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:57 pm If he wants to use his free action for something else, he should have 3 AT now though, but he can Focus for one more.
Seems fair to say he used his free action to take the spear, so 3 works.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Arkrite wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:53 am
Seems fair to say he used his free action to take the spear, so 3 works.
But I just said he didn't have to. Ericka used a free action to hand it off, which makes more sense than Red using a free action to accept the hand off.

So your free action is still available.