Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:25 am Do I loose my spell if an attack misses, or does it activate only on an injury?
So, the way charms work depends on the type of weapon. For projectile based ranged weapons (The projectile based part is important because ti differentiates between things like darts and shuriken which are throwns versus things like blowguns and bows which launch a projectile), the charm is used up when you fire when you hit or miss. For other weapons, if you miss, the charm isn't wasted, but if you hit and the damage is eaten by armor, the charm is still used up. If it was a Touch Charm, the effect happens normally, but if it's an Injury Charm, the charm is wasted.

So, it seems to me your charm is still primed since your spear isn't a projectile based ranged weapon.

And yes, Sashura needs one more defend die for Fertile.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

I rolled the extra defend die from Fertile. It was a '1'. So no extra defend successes.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Please let me know if I jumped the gun and you weren't ready for player actions yet.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Nope, you're good. It's your guys' turn.

Also, love the image of a large predatory bird landing on the ground to do battle with a little magical imp gremlin thing.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Up to GM, normally the Fertile movement bonus is only usable with the Move action rather than just a step.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Fertile is actually clear that only Move Actions benefit from the grass extending their movement. The free action Step is not the same thing, so does not. It's just a quick repositioning step.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:16 pm Fertile is actually clear that only Move Actions benefit from the grass extending their movement. The free action Step is not the same thing, so does not. It's just a quick repositioning step.
Understood. Post adjusted.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I'll get a post up tonight. I didn't realize everyone had gone.

Worth noting, when you charge, you don't have to strictly move them attack. You can attack then move. It's just wierd naming.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

So, I know I said I would get a post up today, but my computer decided that today was the day it would stop working. I can still post, but I can't access roll20 to do anything.

ATM, the fans whir up, then stop, and it will repeat this multiple times. I recall and old issue that seems similar where the computer wasn't "posting", so.....I don't know how serious this is or if it's an easy fix, but I've spent all evening on that and have to sleep for work and try again tomorrow. Sorry for the hold up. :(
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

As an IT tech allow me to say: Having your computer randomly die is the worst.
Sorry to hear things aren't going well, hopefully things are working out better now.
Fingers cross the computer smartens up!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

unfortunately it did not.. I was abl to take it to my more tech savvy friend and he whittled the possibilities down to the cpu has a case of the deads.

So i need to replace that at minimum, but may as well use it as an opportunity to upgrade a little bit. So right now looking into options to get back running sooner than later. I'll keep you gusy posted from my phone.

Again, I'm truly sorry for the hold up. Soulbound is unfortunately a tactical based game, so it';ss difficult to go it without roll20 for the visuals
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Darn computers, always giving up the ghost out of nowhere.

I have this dream of taking old dead computers and letting people hit them with a sledgehammer as a form of stress relief ;~)
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Have a question about one of the homebrews :
Brace (Action, 0AT): Recover but at disadvantage (1 + Successes of 6+). On the next enemy phase, roll all defense rolls at
advantage.
If someone attempted a Parry on the next enemy phase, would their Defense be at Great Advantage (3+) if they had a weapon with the Parry trait (which enables one to Defend with Advantage (4+) while attempting to parry) ?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Yep! The riposte itself would still only be at regular advantage (4+) though.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I didn't think the parry trait gives advantage to the attack part of the parry combo action.
"Something pithy this way comes."