Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - (Full)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Only a four.

Not bad though, Flynn.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Slightly higher than average. With 6 you'd expect 2 successes. Be sure to post what action Ericka did to try to help.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dont have half enough brain to think much beyond giving puppy eyes.
------------
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Not sure if I'm going mad or simply can't find rules for assisting. Can't find anything in the book, but did we talk about it here at some point in the past?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Recruiting

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:17 am None as written that I can find, though it feels like there should be. If assisting with a skill, you must have at least a rank in it and you'll give the primary person doing the check an extra die to roll for your assistance. I think that works.

You cannot use Combo as part of a Parry or Charge. I think I already mentioned it, but Combo is specifically for use with the Attack action.
Found it.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I forgot you have to have at least 1 rank in the skill to assist. Makes Sense. Good houserule there.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Worth noting, in that same quote I am wrong. The devs have confirmed you can in fact combo from charge and parry actions.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

@Arkrite - Boris doesn't have much in the way of armor, some leathers and pelts, and they are presently covered in blood and smell like chat. His axes are basic hand axes, but the blades have the serrated upgrade on them.

He has no other noteworthy possessions on him.

Inside the game house, there is a small cache of likely ill-gotten loot, but since Boris had shifted the gang away from thievery, there is little left. 50 silver, a few bolts and arrows. Even six bullets (not of the rifle variety I'm afraid), but no weapons on a state of repair to be called much more than scrap. There are some sets of common clothing and a few mundane sundries and food staples, maybe a few days worth for the six gang members lthat had been living here, assuming Boris still ate (he did).
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Do I have that right?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Well, strictly speaking, nothing says the totem has to rest or sleep at all. So it could stay up and wouldn't have to rest as such the following day.

You are correct on the duplicates though
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Seems like there's not much else to say. I assume you guys will be doing watch shifts with Moira's raptor outside on watch.

I'll get a post up after work today. (In roughly 7 hours from the time of this post)
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Obviously I got sidetracked yesterday and did not post. X_x

I'll try to not get sidetracked today.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

We didn't need proof like Boris' head or ears from the gang members, did we? Or maybe I've played too many video games?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Proof from Boris, the axes would do well enough, though it's not like the guild or town guard would know exactly what they would be looking at. Hopps overheard talk about the axes though, so he'd accept that for what it was and could confirm for Sandra.

As for the rest of the bandits, they aren't, strictly speaking, your concern as wielders. So, you're on your own recognisance with them, but the city guard has no real way to know how many there were anyways (short of torturing the two prisoners, I guess?). But realistically, if you brought back like ears or dog teeth or whatever, there's no way to proove those actually came from who you claim, making it weak proof of anything at best, or at worse that you went out and clobbered some poor otherwise innocent folk for thier ears and dog teeth.

So, really, Hopps and Sandra kind of have to take you at your word one way or the other. (It helps that you actually did defeat Boris, making your testimony there sincere at least xD)

Hopps may not like that the other bandits got away (or were let go. I don't know if you'll tell him the honest truth), but will respect at least the arsonist threat is dealt with at least. Sandra will respect your decision either way, she wasn't there to make it and as a grandmaster, she needs to trust in the judgement of the hunters under her.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Their... Dog teeth?
------------