Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog considers his options, "You see the problem is if I get a nice straw hat it'll be nice and cool during the hot days, but it won't help much when it rains. Of course a hat that'll shed rain will get warm pretty quick in sunny weather."

"Normally the solution would be to buy two, but I'm traveling and got limited space,"
He picks up another hat and take a looking at it, "I suppose that something that can take a beating would be the best choice wouldn't it?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Captain Hopps watches you all alertly, sipping from his whisky. "There's an storage room at the end of the hall. It's not large enough for the whole lot of you to be in there though. Proper interrogations would happen once these shits were transferred to central for due process and all that." The storage room in question, if one of you were to check, seems to be a contraban lockup, and is big enough for maybe the prisoner chained to a chair and two of you. The shelves are all blocked by cages though, so there's no worry about using anything in there as a weapon.

The large guard captain unlocks the door to the subordinate bandit's cell while the bandit in question shakes. His wound has been more properly tended to, tight and neatly wrapped, he walks with a clear limp. He'll not be outrunning anyone were he to foolishly try and escape. Ron, over in the other cell, grabs the bars and shouts. "Don't you talk you hear!? I'll make sure you regret it!" to which Captain Hopps deftly rams his elbow right into Ron's fingers where he grips the bar. The lack of crunching sound indicates he withheld enough not to break Ron's fingers, but the way Ron snaps his hands away and curses would indicate those fingers are going to be swelling and bruised for a while.

Captain Hopps grabs the injured bandit by the scruff of his shirt and leads the limping man towards the store room, sits him in the chair and attaches his manacles to another chain on the cage. Despite just being a store room, it seems they do use it for interrogation from time to time. Or beatings. Hard to say. "Now, if you value your shitty little existence, I recommend you answer these peoples' questions clearly and concicely and get them on their way in a most timely fashion." Hopps menaces, to which the bandit just shakily nods, cowaring back against the chair back.

Hopps walks out, making room for two of you to enter. "All yours. Close the door if you like, but if I see so much as a hint of tampering with that cage or lock, so help me you'll be sharing cells with the meanest criminals I know." Hopps moves to the desk the guard had previously been at and leans against it, letting you be about your business, but near on hand if you need to swap prisoners or for when you're done and ened them locked back up.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The merchant considers. "Well, while I'd not like to convince away your silver, have you considered what an armorer might have for headwear? It will certainly be more durable than anything I have, and it'll keep the sun off besides. Sure it'll be heavier, but so would carrying extra hats for different occasions."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Waiting til the two women of means follow the other bandit elsewhere, Lloyd leans in the Captain Hopps (when he returns). "No matter what you hear, we will do no lasting harm to your prisoner. I promise." he says quietly.

Lloyd will step up to the cell with 'Ron', sneering at the man.

"Do not concern yourself with what your companion will or will not do. You should worry about yourself." Lloyd says menacingly.

"Now, you will tell us about your boss, Boris, and you will tell us about the size and make-up of your companions, this pig-nose gang, and you will tell us about any traps and secret ways in and out of your farmhouse base, or my fellow will have her barely-controlled pet Haunt jump into your body and take over your mind, rifling through it for the answers we seek. It will not be gentle. It will not be kind. It will force itself up your nose and in your ears, burrowing its way to your brain. It will tear into your mind and scatter your memories searching for the answers and using your mouth to tell us what we want to know. Hopefully she'll be able to exert enough control before the sadistic, unnatural thing makes you bite off and swallow your own tongue just to revel in the taste of your blood. Either way, there MAY be enough of you left to stand trial, assuming she can succeed in coaxing it from your body. Otherwise, we'll have no choice but put your broken, hollowed out shell down like a rabid dog while your taint-rotted mind watches in horror and agony while your tortured soul is consumed, bite by bite."

"Ending you, we will do happily, for we are Huntsmen, here to help."

Lloyd will make way for Sashura to actually show her familiar to the man.

"Which will it be?" he asks, an eagerness to his voice.
No skills in intimidation makes it a strait strength roll I think. strength: 6D6 = [5, 6, 6, 2, 5, 2] = 26 4 successes.
If Sashura wants to aid, she can narrate how to add to the intimidation and roll a single d6. 5 or 6 adds to the collective successes.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Her body flinched, just for a brief moment, before she was abour to enter the "interrogation room". It's hard to be certain from a distance, but for a breif momment she had the phantom impression of sharp aggression. For the sake of the words they would be having with the man here, it would benefit her to ignore it.

Ericka walked in with a slight saunter, head poised upward at a slight to sugfest confidence she rarely felt. "About what that other man said... You should be well aware of the capabilities our guilds possess. You needn't worry about trial threats when we'd off you all the protection you could eber need. Even, perhaps, the possibility of starting a new life in a different city. Far from the trials and tribulations this one offers."

Sharing a glance with her fellow wilder, the young woman decideds to start things off a little slow. "We already know a few things, admittedly. With your help however we can start tonpiece toguther the big picture. For instance, do you know why, or even have a suspicion, of why your boss has ordered these arsons?"

Persuade: 6 || 1 [1d6t5=6] 1 [1d6t5=6] 1 [1d6t5=5] 1 [1d6t5=5] 0 [1d6t5=4] 0 [1d6t5=4] 1 [1d6t5=5] 0 [1d6t5=4] 1 [1d6t5=6] 0 [1d6t5=2] 0 [1d6t5=1]
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"Ah, well, it's the plan once I got the silver for it," Dog grunts, "But wearing a tin can on your head all day isn't much fun. Safe, maybe, but hot and heavy."

He grins, "Even those solider boys have them off as often as they have them on. Nah, I'm just looking for something that'll hold up to travel and rain, not teeth or swords."

"These all you got for leather and oilskin?"
Dog waves to the selection, just curious to see if there was anything else before he made his selection.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The merchant taps the cart's countertop idly while he thinks. "Well, if y'don't mind me askin', what kinda budget are y'workin' with?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"About eight silver to play with, without having to go camping out back or going hungry," Dog says.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

The merchant considers. "Well, you look like a capable sort. Maybe y'got somethin' to barter. Services maybe?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

Dog lets out a bark of laugher, and grins at the man selling hats, "Now there's an offer I haven't heard in a while."

"Alright, you got my curiosity. What do you want, and what are you offering?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The merchant waves his hand. "Naw, not me. But there is an armorer I know in town. He's always got something or another going on he could use extra hands for. And thing is, I know he carries these brimmed caps, worked leather, real nice. They'll keep the sky off and provide at least a little protection besides. Might be you can barter with him. Tell 'im Hans sent you too, that'll do feel introductions."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"And anything else you can tell us" Moira adds. "We'll see if we can help your situation too."
A d6 to assist Persuade, not that Ericka needs it. aid: 1D6 = [2] = 2
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The prisoner before Ericka and Moira squirms. He doesn't really know what guild hunters are capable of, only that they fight the monsters that live outside the walls, and that one of the two women before him shot him in the leg with a big gun. "L-look, I can only tell you what I know, which ain't much, and I ain't so dumb to beleive you can really offer what you're offering. Far as why, boss said to. He's the boss, don't gotta give a reason. If you don't listen, suddenly you're not in the gang, and surrounded by the gang. Trust me, never ends well."
A large part of what Ericka was saying should have been a bluff. You guys have no legal power or influence to actually bring to fruition any of those offers. That said, I don't think the difference in number of dice would have made any significant dent in that SIX successes.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"So, tell us about your boss. Our companions are asking the other guy and comparing your answers with his will let us know how truthful he's being. How long ago did he form your gang?" Moira asks.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

The bandit shakes his head. "Doesn't seem like you know much about gangs. He didn't form the gang, i don't even know who originally did. But leaders, they get weak, and when they get weak, someone stronger takes over. It's how gangs stay strong. This guy, Boris, came outta nowhere, and he...he burned the old, mr Hogweiss, boss alive. Threw him on a campfire and help him there under boot til the old boss stopped twitching, then burned the old hideout down. Called it a 'cleansing'..." the bandit shudders.

For context, the man before you is no weakling physically. Tattoos, scars, this man has seen serious violence and lived to tell the tale. Yet this Boris, this man is terrified of him. "Boris is the one ordering the arsons. Anyone who questions or talks back gets burned.... 'purified' of their disobedience. You'll spot him easy if you go looking, skin like stone, eyes like flames, carried two wicked-looking axes."