Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Erhm, well... I think I could need a bit more... blunt-force protection, and something to help stop bullets?" She hesitated a guess. The armor she wore definitely seemed much more suitable to withstand a sword's edge then the hoof-stomp of a ravenous monster.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Thorson looks over the heavily armored Ericka. "Kitted up like that, you've left little room for improvement lass. I'd recommend replacing a few pieces and balancing out what your armor can withstand. It's either that, or applying upgrades, but you won't get as much out of doing that I wager."
Putting it plainly, Ericka doesn't really have much room to add armor pieces that will have much impact on her resistances. 6 Armor for slashing is pretty extreme, especially for this level. She could probably replace one or two of her higher impact armormpieces giving her higher slash resistance to get something better suited for impact and or piercing./quote]
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:11 pm Thorson chuckles and strokes his chin while tabulating mentally. "So you're wanting two pairs of boots, a helmet, and a pair of gauntlets between the two of ya." He looks at Ericka and Sashura. "Anything for you lasses?"
Sashura thought for a moment. The armor she had on was pretty good, and she hadn't seen any weaknesses thus far.

That may change AFTER a battle or two.

"Nothing for me, thanks." she replied.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka felt the decision lock, and with no will to compromise she made the uninspired choice. Shaking her head slightly, "I'll just... Keep things as is for now."
------------
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd will count out 3 bars and 40 pieces of silver. "This is what I owe, yes?"
130+30 insulated L.Plate Boots and 150+30 insulated F.Plate Gauntlets
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

You all conclude your business with Thorson and meet up with Moira outside on your way out. You've got several hours ahead of you before Lloyd's armor pieces are complete, and that's with Thorson and Franny both working to put a rush on it for you.
If you'd like to chat amongst yourselves or run an errand or two, let me know, otherwise we'll push on to nightfall and travelling to the Farm House, assuming you still want to do that this night
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd bids them a good day and promises to be back before close of business. As they head out and meet up with the noble-lady gun-enthusiast he'll ask, "Does anyone have more to do in the city or shall we fortify our strength in the Guild Hall until time to set out? I, for one, have beggared myself but feel as if I will be better prepared for the fight(s) to come."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"Eh, well, if we had a few weeks I'd have a few suggestions. As it stands? I'm out of spending money, might as well get a good meal and some sleep before we shake the pillars of heaven," He grins.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"I need to find something to shoot." Moira says idly tossing a magazine up in the air and catching it. "How'd your shopping go?"

"Otherwise I don't have anything until tonight."
she says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

The young woman sighed, feeling relief now that she was free of social convention. Her hand absently grasped for Gemini, the other brushing against Inemig's empty scabbard. In her heart she still felt it's comforting presence. Tonight they were to taste the blood of man once more, a thought which both excited and chilled her.

"We should... Practice, I think. Plan. Make ourselves ready for that terrible monster of a man."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Practice?" Moira asks dubiously. "I'm not sure what you mean." she says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Like-" Ericka fluidly drew Gemini and began to violently thrust it's glistening point into mid-air while looking at Moira. Her hand was almost a blur as she leaned slightly into her minor magicks. "Practice. Training? My instructors were very insistent about personal diligence."
------------
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Ah. I thought... I don't know, maybe practice putting out fires and such. I guess a barrel of water or bags of sand would be too much to carry with us, especially in a stealthy manner." Moira says.

"I'll be sure to carry a few extra waterskins with me." she resolves. "But otherwise, I'm sure there'll be people to help with stabbing tips back at the Guild Hall; we can report in too. Maybe the Guildmistress has tips."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog covers his mouth to hide the laugh he's choking back.

"As somebody who's had to run around with buckets full of water, and carrying sandbags? Yeah, that wouldn't work," Dog says, once he's got himself back under control, "We'd probably be better bringing a heavy blanket. Lighter, easier to carry around, and reusable. 'Til it burns, at least."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Do they have fire-retarding blankets?" Lloyd asks.