Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd considers then nods as if it were a normal question to ask.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

"All due respect, ma'am, but I don't rightly think that this is Bandits," Dog says, "Bandits want something like money, or something they can sell for money. Or power that they can use to get money."

"And the last thing any sensible Bandits want to do is get the attention of an armed group of professionals who are tougher than they are. That's just a quick way to the end of a noose. There's something strange about this lot."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Sandra inclines her head to Dog. "I am inclined to agree. It is my hope that you might uncover what's going on, and if there is something...more, then you will be better suited to handling it than the city guards."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Has a Malumeter been used at any of the scenes?" Moira asks. "I admit WE didn't think to use one around the arsonists. And neither of them seemed like they were Haunt-ridden."

"Either way, the job is still the same, I guess: Talk to the captured ones and ask about this boss - physical description at the very least, go to their base and see what's there. I just want to make sure we have authorization to do all this, in writing or bearing a token of authority would be good. And, it won't be long until they find their friends don't return so I'm not sure we'll have time for those drinks Arin prepared." she says with a frown to Dog.

"90 sounds great!" she adds.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

"The arsons have only been investigated by the city guard, so no. We have not been commissioned to employ a malumeter. As far as they are concerned, this is simply some anti-establishment group of malcontents setting fire to buildings."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Helping to end these fires sounds like a wonderful idea. I'd be happy to do whatever I can to help, even... Read things I'd rather not read." She speaks with a brief hitch of breath, that young man's last thoughts reminding her of the dangers her art possessed. "If the man aren't willing to talk, and their minds aren't open... Maybe the guard has some evidence recovered I could examine as well."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"We can also bring the magic meter to the Watch House, see if they have magic on them or their belongings, and ask more about this boss 'Boris' person."
Lloyd says. "Get directions to their hideout as well."

"I am ready to go when you guys are." The woodman mercenary says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"I-it's called a..." She'd start to correct, but would cut off and look away the moment Lloyd may look at her. 'Magic meter' was close enough, she'd concede.
------------
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura mused about the interesting - but effective - people she's working with.

Lloyd's question was actually a good one - wouldn't want to go around decapitating bandits. True, there MIGHT be a time or a place when such brutal actions are necessary, but hopefully not in anyone's lifetime.

Had to respect Ericka's drive to do what was best.

Dog did have a point - Sashura knew people sometime do strange things for strange reasons, and setting fires just to watch them (or society) burn isn't unheard of. Getting a whole gang to do so is, for what would be left to take but ashes ?

And such behaviour will draw attention. The more destruction you cause, the stronger the attention. Not a recipe for long term survival.

"Hopefully a malumeter can be adjusted to only detect large threats; otherwise, we might keep uncovering Vaelrat nests." she offered.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

"Well, assuming there are no objections to accepting this mission, I'll leave you to it." Looking out the window, the sun is well on its way to setting and by the time you would be able to get back to the guard station it would be fully night. Having started in the early morning to get back across the land bridge to Sepulcur which itself took a few hours, arriving before noon, then traveling to and from the Metalworks the events in between ate up much of the rest of the day.

"If you're of a mind to get a start in tomorrow, I'll have rooms and meals prepared for you, if you'd like. There are certainly better accomodations for both elsewhere in Sepulcur if you would prefer, but Franklin's casseroll is a hearty dish worthy of any hunter, and ours beds are clean." Sandra offers, Franklin probably someone in the employ of the guildhall kitchen.
You can stay at the guild free of charge. The rooms are nothing special, spartan in decor, but you get some privacy, a wash bowl (there is also a shower room available, but it's the one shower to share) and a bed with clean linens, basically a commoner's room. You can spend silver as well for more luxury accomodations, but you're looking at 10+ silver.

As for food, again, free food and drink at the guild, but you can get fancier stuff elsewhere for 5-10+ silver depending on how fancy a meal you want and how much you want to drink. Let me know if you'd like some downtime to interact in character with each other, or would like to move on to the next day and start your investigation/
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

When the timing was mentioned Moira was of two minds regarding waiting for morning versus going tonight.

"Do you think the Watch wouldn't let us in if we went tonight?"
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Sandra smiles. "They know who protects the city from the monsters out there. If I send a letter with you, they will let you in, though it would undoubtedly be getting someone out of bed who would not appreciate it all the same." she reasons, but shrugs.

"It will take time for this gang of bandits to get news that their men have been captured. I feel confident that you can take your rest without worry that the delay would cause problems." the elderly grandmaster offers, drawing from decades of her own experiences.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Oh, Okay." Moira says brightly. "I'm okay to wait til morning and the accommodations here are perfectly acceptable."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"Bright and early then."
Lloyd says. "I'll remember to replenish guild items."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

The young woman ducks her head, "Thank you very much for allowing us to stay the night, even though we're outsiders."
------------