Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog's eyes wander for a moment before he catches himself and turns his attention away from Franny's dramatic pose and back to the work on display.

"My Dad always said you had three options: Fast, cheap or good. Pick one."

He shakes his head at the memory as he continues to look through the items on display, checking on quality and size.

"How's business? Town seems a little out of sorts with all this fire business," He says, "Leastwise from what I saw. Just got into town yesterday."
Vivid

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Before she goes in, with Raptage on her splint pauldron she taps into her magic to duplicate the bird on the other shoulder then releasing the Totem magic for the duplicate so she could bear the gun inside. Raptage then finds purchase on the man's roof watching the street. An arson attempt while she was in a bullet shop was NOT going to be tolerated.
_: 6D6 = [6, 6, 6, 4, 6, 3] = 31
It is a resounding success and the waste of an otherwise really good roll.
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:19 pm Moira is able to find the bulletsmith shop easily enough. Going inside, there are boxes lining the walls on shelving, presumably with different caliber bullets inside.

There is an older man at a workbench along the back wall, working away with a mechanism he's using to, apparently, assemble the bullets and apply the primer. He's bald in top with a wisp of gray around the sides and back, grease smeared on his hands and clothes, large glasses with little arms for magnification resting upon his nose.
Moira watches the man, nodding at the obvious skill he has. Knowing how delicate operations such as this can be she waits until he looks up, likely when he's come to an appropriate stopping point in the assembly. If she sees he not finished she'll encourage him to finish the project, mostly to differentiate herself from other customers who come in and want to be served immediately. She was not like that and knew craftsmen generally hated to leave a thing half-done.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd was happy to let Dog do the talking.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Thorson nods as he enters more into the shop. "Yer father had a good head on his shoulders, and I like to think my wares fall firmly in the realm of good," he smirks. "..if not a mite bit better. Far as business with all these arsons around.." he shrugs. "But only a fool would target this neighborhood. Besides the Watch, this is probably the greatest concerntration of weaponry in the city." Inferring that if any arsonist raised an alarm from anyone, they'd have armed smiths barreling down on them in no time flat.

Over in the other shop with Moira, the man finishes what he's doing, moving with a none too hurried, smooth motion as he sets the bullets carefully aside and looks up to address Moira. "Appreciate your patience. Machine's getting a bit finnicky, I'll have to get it looked at. What can I do for you?" His eyes move to Moira's weapon, scanning it, his index finger lightly drumming the countertop in a sort of casual tick.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

Dog snorts, "Now I'd pay to see those idiots being chased down the street by you lot."

"Course I got an up close show earlier. Those idiots decided to light up a building by the Von Kamp's factory. Moira, the one who wanted to know about the bullets? She put a couple rounds into their backsides as they made a run for it," He shakes his head, "Bleeding heart, that one. She decided to aim low. They'll be walking funny 'till the guards decide what to do with them."

He picks up one of the helmets, moving his head from side to side, "A little loose, but a little extra padding ought to sort it out."

He sets the helmet down, then points at some platemail boots, "I'd also like a set of those, but I'd like them done custom. Poor shoes do bad things to feet, and if you can't walk and run..."

"How much to make me a set? And how long you figure it'd take to build?"
He points over at the helmet, "And I'd like that too."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:09 pm Over in the other shop with Moira, the man finishes what he's doing, moving with a none too hurried, smooth motion as he sets the bullets carefully aside and looks up to address Moira. "Appreciate your patience. Machine's getting a bit finnicky, I'll have to get it looked at. What can I do for you?" His eyes move to Moira's weapon, scanning it, his index finger lightly drumming the countertop in a sort of casual tick.
Moira holds her weapon so the fact that it has no magazine is obvious, and, since there *could* be one in the chamber, she makes sure to practice safe handling procedures (finger off trigger, always pointing down, etc.).

Moira perks up. "I could take a look! I trained at Ponsteph's Upgrade Research Lab, and at Sterling Industries before that." she says brightly. She makes no move to cover the silver hair peeking out from under her wide-brimmed hat - a hallmark of the Sterling nobility.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"I am also interested in boots, and plate gauntlets." Lloyd says in a thick Uhryian.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura just watched the others and looked around, not feeling the need to upgrade her armor just yet.
Between her hearty build and Chelydra's shielding AND healing abilities, she should rarely be injured. Or stay injured.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Thorson appraises the group. "Sizin' ya won't take but a few minutes, it's adjusting the pieces to fit proper that will take a bit. For all that you mentioned, maybe about two hours. Unless you want further improvements." It's not an unreasonable timeframe and would fit just inside giving you enough time to reach the farmhouse at nightfall.

Over in the bulletforge, the man behind the counter, presumably Rudolph raises his brows. "Ponsteph's you say? Well then, be my guest. You can lean your rifle up right there." he points to a spot off to the side where it'll be safe, in sight and out of the way then lets Moira behind the counter to take a look at the machine.

It's intricate, but not complex and it's easy for her to find the issue. One of the gear teeth chipped and it's snagging. A little work with a file, some grease and one small, thin leather strip later she has it working much more smoothly, but the gear will have to be replaced eventually. For now though, it's a fine fix that will last a few weeks at least.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

"I hoped for insulation from elements on boots and gauntlets. Is possible?" Lloyd asks.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Thorson nods to Lloyd and looks at Dog. "Depends how custom you are looking for your boots."

Franny pipes up at this point. "Daddy, they said ol' Hans directed 'em to us. Even said we're the best armorers in town." she beams.

This catches Thorson's attention. "Oh ho? I suppose he told you I have tasks for the like of ya? That much is true, if yer interested."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:42 pm Over in the bulletforge, the man behind the counter, presumably Rudolph raises his brows. "Ponsteph's you say? Well then, be my guest. You can lean your rifle up right there." he points to a spot off to the side where it'll be safe, in sight and out of the way then lets Moira behind the counter to take a look at the machine.

It's intricate, but not complex and it's easy for her to find the issue. One of the gear teeth chipped and it's snagging. A little work with a file, some grease and one small, thin leather strip later she has it working much more smoothly, but the gear will have to be replaced eventually. For now though, it's a fine fix that will last a few weeks at least.
"That should do it." Moira says, snapping the machine back together and giving a test pull. She wipes shavings off her file before storing it while explaining about the weakened cog. "It'll last several weeks, but I'd get a machinist to mill a replacement right away so you can test the new part before you *need* the new part." she says, recounting the wisdom of ancient craftsmen.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Rudolph looks the machine over and tests the action on the press. He whistles in appreciation of how much smoother it is. "Not like new, but for needing a new part, you'd never know there was an issue." He turns back to Moira.

"So what can old Rudolph do for you miss?"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Well, I was just going to top up this magazine," she pulls out a 30 round mag missing 3 bullets. "but you reminded me that I'm looking for one of those magazines with the loops for faster switching and loading, I've heard them called 'Fast Magazines'. Would you have any of those?"

She retrieves her weapon and starts gesturing to it. "Ultimately, I'm looking to maybe bore out the stock some and replace the iron barrel with a lighter-weight composite steel one, making it Ultra-Light and easier to swing around for quicker target acquisition. If the barrel had Improved Rifling, that would be great too! Expensive, but great! But I don't suppose you have any of the parts for those sorts of gun upgrades here, and... well, I'm not sure I have that much time to spare apart. A shoulder strap [Quickdraw Handles] might be easier."

"What do you think?"
she asks.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"Nothing special terribly special for the boots, I just need them fit personal. Like I said, my business begins and ends on my feet, so I'd rather not have them rub and cut iffin I could avoid it." He says before adding, "Unless you have some kind of customizations you'd suggest."

"Now that Hans gentleman did mention some kind of task you might need help with. When I heard you worked with your daughter I thought you might have had some lovestruck troublemaker who needed to be knocked on his backside. Then I met your lovely daughter and figured to myself if that was the case she'd have probably already taken care of that matter herself," He gives the young lady a cheerful wink, "I pity the poor boy who don't treat you with the proper respect, ma'am."

"Now, all kidding aside, I admit I am a fair bit curious as to what that talk was all about. I'm always open to a little business."