Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
Wounds 3/5

"Mm..." Sounds her, trying to shrug off her embarrassment. "W-well, hrm... Lloyd, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. In fact... I doubt the Akuma would even notice any of them vanishing, as likely as it is to toss them into the river and be done with it."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

The woodsman nods and looks at Dog less like he's a potentially rabid canine that needed to be [regrettably] put down for everyone's safety.

"So, what are the new capacities of people?" he asks. "I seem to be able to direct my plants via a spectral mushroom and give another nearby a mushroom of their own to direct. I can also, it seems, manifest an aspect of Heartwood's bark to protect from incoming attacks with just an effort of will. [Shielding/Attuned]"

"I also believe if I concentrate I can set up a whispering wind between myself and another but I need to experiment with that more.

"I'm sure others have progressed." he gestures vaguely to the new bird in their midst and to the previously silver eyes. "And if any of you need or want to practice I would be available as Haunt-control."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

"I think there is more to binding to a Wielder that matters." Sashura stated, "The personal qualities of the Wielder matter too. My grandfather was the first in my family to use Chelydra. Actually managed to unlock its Shielding power. It was decades before he found out that it could heal was well.

Dad, on the other hand, couldn't seem to get any of the abilities to work. But a well made lance is still an effective weapon.

I got the powers to work. Usually. Chelydra can seem temperamental at times - one time I had to heal half a dozen fighters in my village. Ended up summoning half a dozen Haunts ! Took forever to get rid of all those pests. I hope that was just a bit of bad fortune.

I thought actually learning healing would help. I'm not sure it would."

She noticed that Ericka was still injured from that crocodile attack earlier. "I can help with that injury. If you wish."

"I suspect I can give Chelydra's shielding ability to others."
she stated in response to Lloyd, "And I can control one Haunt at a time. Might be useful."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Arkrite wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:11 am Dog shrugs again at Moira's comments about betrayal, "Dead is dead. I wouldn't be happier with my family dead. Can't imagine yours would either."

"But hey, if it bothers you can always come back with more wielders and hunt it down,"
Dog notes.
"My brother died in a Deceiver hunt and he was honored to do so several of my brothers are Hunters without being Wielders. I can only imagine if..." she shakes her head at the thought.

"If the weapons ARE at the bottom the river, which seems most likely now that Ericka mentions, I feel silly for thinking the akuma could absorb the ability of possession from the shiv...." she frowns, "but if you ARE going to call the Dog it'd be better sooner rather than later. Submersion like that... well, a sword would be fine but the water would play havok with the firing mechanisms and sights of the flintlock." She shrugs. "But up to you."

"Yeah, there were a lot of things I wish I'd known. I was also worried for giving the duplicate wondering what the Akuma could do with it. I thought a huddle to talk would have looked really suspicious though so maybe your new trick Lloyd, can help with that. Maybe we have a hand signal like getting your attention then tapping on our temple if we need or want you to initiate something like that.I would have loved an opportunity to at least discuss a possible plan involving several exploding spears and maybe raptors that became bears midflight." Moira suggests, demonstrating the tapping motion at her hairline before the what-if scenario involving the akuma's destruction in a blaze of fur and fire.

"And to your question, Lloyd, yes. The Raptor totem joins the bear as an option for transformation and I can use their senses. And going forward on the theme of transformation, I think I know how to make our enemies... well... silver. Though I'd have to experiment more with that."

"Though our previous conversation raises and interesting point. I use whistles and gestures to communicate my intentions to my animals, which only works because they're a part of me and know what I know. But that doesn't mean we couldn't come up with signals of our own and share them and their meaning. It'd be another way we could communicate, though not as robust as actually talking to one another, like Lloyd's new trick. But what do you guys think of that idea*?"
*I'll expand my thoughts more in OOC.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
Wounds 3/5

Ericka sighs lightly, "He signed me on as a combat medic, yet... Of us, you are the one suited most for that roll. Sorcery can do in secconds what skilled hands try to do in hours of careful surgery." her expression softens, hands brushing over her sterialized instruments. "Not a bad thing, really..."

Though hesitant towards possible touch contact, she presents her wound to the other wielder, listening as they described their new discoveries.
------------
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm most suited for the role of medic." Sashura stated as she gently placed a her hand on Ericka's shoulder, "True, sorcery can do in moments what skills can do in hours, but using a med kit has no chance of summoning a haunt. It - kind of evens out."
Sashura's Restore roll vs Cunning: 5d6 13
(5d6=3, 3, 2, 2, 3)
"OH FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD !!!" she exclaimed as the magics misfired and a new Haunt manifested.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

That's 3 haunts that manifest and start running amok unless you all act quickly!
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Ah-?!" She barely has time to process the relief of pain before several disgusting creatures spontaneously burst into existence. Instinctively her hands go for both handles of her daggers, drawing them forth and then striking out with both to mince two at once in a flurry of attacks.

Cunning(Multistrike): 3 3,6,4,6,3,2,3,5,1

Strength (Attack): 1 3,4,1,2,1,2,5
Strength (Combo): 3 2,6,5,2,5,4,4
Strength (Combo): 0

Strength (Attack): 2 5,1,4,5,2,4,4
Strength (Combo): 1 4,2,2,3,5,3,4
Strength (Combo): 1 1,2,3,5,1,4,3
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Given that he had just offered to be on Haunt clearing duty for any who wanted to explore their powers Lloyd took a step to be in the right range for one swipe of and extended Heartwood to sweep through all three of the Haunts.
[Collateral, and the magic that extends the staff by another tile was unused since last fight, dunno if it persists until used or if it fades.]
In any case: attack: 9d6 32 [9d6=3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 1, 5, 2]
"It happens." He shrugs. A stoic reassurance that no judgement was passed at the Haunt's appearance.

"You wish to try the injured horse next? I'll accompany." Lloyd offers.

"Also, that splitting thing you did, Ericka, very impressive."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

Sashura took a few deep breaths to calm down.

"THAT is why I attended classes at the Tsurine Medical Center for two years !" she exclaimed, "I was hoping a better understanding of healing would prevent Haunts from showing up and making things worse.

It didn't seem to help. The restoration seems to be based on something other than skill.

As it is, I can restore about as well as a regular potion - but at the risk of summoning one or more Haunts every time ! A skilled healer with a good med kit can do just as well or better without that risk.

At least the ability works on animals as well as people. Let's see if we can help that horse."
she stated to Lloyd.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"Sashura, the ability to restore life is amazing! I'd judge it to be two Elixirs worth at least for the minor cost of some vigilance and friends at your side." She says chipperly. "Worth it!"

"And you said you can even control one of the Haunts you summon? What's that like? What can they DO?"

Moira also gives Ericka a thumbs up at her multiplication trick.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

She glanced down at her blades, just as surprised at herself as Lloyd was. "I... Didn't know my hands could move that fast..."

Almost hesitantly, she slides both Gemini and Inimeg into their sheaths before glancing towards Lloyd. "I've already tended to the mare. It was causing her such pain, but... I feel like she'll make a full recovery without any needed magical intervention." Her cheeks heat, almost embarrassed to admit prioritizing an animal over herself.

They must think her so strange, her mind worried. Ericka couldn't help but look up, briefly meeting Lloyds eyes as the insecurities mounted. Unconsciously, she felt the deep control held over her curse slip as lingering magic settled within her.

Cunning(Thought Stealing - Tier II): 4 [url=https://orokos.com/roll/863117](5,2,4,5,6,4,1,5)
T3 Cunning to resist: "Do you see me as unhinged?" "Did that really impress you, or were you just being nice?"
As a Dart, this is undetectable. Feels appropriate for her to discover her 'curse' has strengthens by pure accident, hope this doesn't feel to invasive.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
cunning: 6d6 23 [6d6=4, 5, 2, 6, 3, 3] missed it by *that* much.
rereading it... Oh My Gosh the third rank of this power is amazing! I look forward to seeing Ericka get that.
"Do you see me as unhinged?"
Lloyd's thoughts reveal that, in his opinion, the decision to give up weapons to an Akuma was questionable. But on a whole he does not see Ericka as having an unsound mind.

"Did that really impress you, or were you just being nice?"
Lloyd is not the kind to engage in social niceties. He prefers the uncomplex and straightforward. He was genuinely impressed.

"Dressing the animal's wounds give it a chance to recover tonight. Perhaps we can check back with the hostlers in the morning to see if it could use more to be fully recovered?" he suggests to Sashura.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

The young woman flinches backward away from Lloyd, holding her head with widened eyes. "O-oh no... I thought I was free of it, yet? Why did it get stronger again? The lingering magic from the fight, it must've triggered a reaction..." She muttered.

She looked up with a guilt-stricken expression, not quite meeting the man's eyes. "Lloyd, I'm s-sorry I just... Your thoughts, they just seemed slipped into my head of their own accord. I..." Once the full comprehension of he was thinking dawned at her, her words had trailed off. "W-wait, you really meant it? You don't think I'm s-some... You were actually impressed?"
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd

The Uhyrian looked confused. "Is that not what I said?"

At the admission that his thoughts were read he just shrugged. "You're reading is stronger. Good." He gives a thumbs up.