Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

The reaction is almost instant. The two guards at the bonfire startle and start looking wildly around trying to locate the source before realizing it's on the other side of the farmhouse. Each grabbing a torch they run off and disappear around the side.

The hunters can also see the windows light up as lanterns are lit and the bandits inside startle, scrambling for weapons, except for one. While the rest are all scrambling in a half-awake stupor and panic, one figure inside is moving with determined purpose. As he steps out into the night and into the light of the bonfire, looking in the opposite direction of the hunters, they can make out a pair of jagged-blade axes, and even in the flickering firelight they can see his flesh is like scorched, broken stone with no hair.

His voice is strong enough you can hear him even from your position. It's not that he's yelling, but his voice projects powerfully as he commands the bandits out to deal with the threat.
Flynnarrel

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd puts up a shield
Lloyd steps into the bonfire light.

"You like fire? Try burning this." he says brandishing Heartwood in one hand and a parrying dagger in the other. Heartwood projects itself in it's green spectral oaken glory, still light enough to wield one hand and be whipped around, but carrying all the metaphysical mass of a section of full grown trunk.
How would you like to do initial recovery rolls? You mentioned a new system/houserules you wanted to try?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I posted the rule adjustment and new actions in the first post of the ooc for reference.

The first recovery roll of combat is unaffected, but if you rolled a second recovery roll as your first action, the rule adjustment would kick in, but that is only for the Recovery action.

This applies for Recovery, Recovery Run and Brace.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

initial recovery: 6D6 = [3, 3, 3, 3, 1, 5] = 18
This is... pretty terrible. 2ATs
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova
ATs : 2

"Well, THAT plan worked better than I expected !" Sashura noted to herself as the bandits pour out of the house - even Boris !

But, then again, a bear stomping around at night is something that should be investigated and dealt with.

She nonchalantly loaded her hand crossbow with a silver bolt, and moved a bit closer.
Recovery Roll :
Recovery check 7/25: 7#1d6t5 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
7#1d6t5: 7 # 0 [1d6t5=2] 0 [1d6t5=2] 0 [1d6t5=3] 0 [1d6t5=3] 0 [1d6t5=1] 0 [1d6t5=1] 1 [1d6t5=5]

7 six-sided dice, and all but one were less than 5 ?!
2 ATs

Free Action : step 2 m.
Action : load hand crossbow (0 ATs)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 6
Raptage AT: 4>3>4
[/quote]
but I didn't do initial recovery rolls
Moira
initial: 5D6 = [6, 6, 5, 6, 6] = 29

omg, that's um... wow 6 ATs to start

raptage initial: 7D6 = [5, 1, 5, 4, 5, 3, 1] = 24
Raptage flies down about 7 paces away from Boris, slightly off to the side so their friends aren't in line of fire and Moira appears there.

She puts the stock of her gun to her shoulder but before firing she touches the totemic engraving of the raptor in flight on her gun's stock (next to the fine-worked engraving of the kodiak bear) with her chin to try to activate the magics contained within.
Alchemy: 6D6 = [6, 2, 5, 4, 5, 4] = 26
no haunts

So first turn summary:
Raptage
Action:Move (-1AT)
incidental: Focus (+1AT)

Moira
Incidental: Relocate Trick (0AT)
Action: Alchemy magic (0AT)

Bear duplicate continues to distract to draw gang members away (and generally have them rethink their life choices).
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

Cunning(Duplication): 1

Ericka passed off the clone of her spear to Dog, trust I g him to use it well. Gemini came to one of her hands while Inimeg formed in her other. The sparks were shaker the usual, nerves and anticipation hindering her normally for inhale casting prowess. Which made the next ape she stsrted to cast all the trickier.

Cunning(Petrification): 5

...And yet, when she needed it most, her conce traction came to her. Both of her blades now held a shimmering violet glow. Ericka swallowed her nerves and courage, and started off towards soon to take place fight.

Recovery: 3+2(Quickdraw Handles)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: 2 Wounds: 5/5

Dog takes the spear, not entirely sure why he was given it, and watches in surprise as everybody starts moving.

"I think I missed a step here," He says mostly to himself as he takes in the fight to figure out what his next move should be.

OOC: Recovery for start of Axe Man Fight: 5d6: 8 [5d6=2, 1, 1, 2, 2] Zero successes, so +1 AT
Since 1 AT will be gone instantly and I won't be able to defend myself, I will spend my first action to Recover.
Second Recovery Check in Axe man fight: 5d6: 15 [5d6=3, 4, 2, 4, 2] Zero Successes, so +1 AT
Gunmetal_Rainbow

As the bandits run off in search of the distraction, the hunters move in and more or less surround Boris, at least in so much there's nowhere for him to go but after the others, or back into the house.

Instead, he turns. Slowly, menacingly. It's easy to see why the bandits would fear this man. In the flickering bonfire light, it's easy to see his cracked, char-black skin and the glowing in his mad eyes. His twin axes glint with their flame-like edges as he raises them out to his sides and upwards like a preacher at sermon. "Burning in the name of Helmontra is the only path to redemption! Petram fell to it's folly and refusal to produce sacrifices to Helmontra, and Sepulcur will burn as well if it does not sacrifice! Helmontra must be appeased!"
He is going to spend his turn with Recovery and Focus as well to prepare for this onslaught as he preaches annoyingly. Go ahead with round 2
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling
Moira AT: 6>3>4
Raptage AT: 4>5

Tipping her head so the wide brim of her hat shields the light of the bonfire, Moira clicked the machine gun to semi-auto and let forth a seldom-used three-round burst, sighting the insane gang leader.

Shot 1, 2, and 3: 11D6 = [2, 2, 6, 2, 2, 4, 6, 6, 1, 5, 4] = 40
11D6 = [3, 6, 1, 3, 6, 5, 4, 3, 4, 6, 3] = 44
11D6 = [4, 3, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 5, 6, 4, 5] = 41

Firearm has advantage
1: 6 successes
2: 6 successes
3: 6 successes
(all statistically average)
Piercing damage, special bullets ignore 1 point of armor, every Wound produces silver blood droplets. [she'll later collect them as a measure of how much damage went through.]
As the rapport of the gunshots die down she exhales, "Hey Boris, go to Helmontra."
[Focus Incidental]

Raptage starts a climb riding the thermals of the bonfire to conserve energy.
[Recover 'run', one less tile of movement off Raptage's ascension speed of 7 means Raptage can only fly 6 hexes but can make a recovery check [+0] at disadvantage [6s only]. [Does not cost AT movement]
He'll do that.
recovery flight: 7D6 = [1, 1, 3, 3, 6, 1, 3] = 18
1 AT recovered,
Incidental for an extra hex of movement.

Raptage will have moved a total of 6 hexes horizontal and 1 hex up.]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire
AT: 5>10 | W: 5/5
Resistances: 6/2/2/3

Ericka breathed lightly, witnessing the man prep himself for the upcoming slaughter. Whether it was for or against him has yet to be decided. She hesitated, not yet ready to seek bloodlust herself.

Recovery: 3+1 AT
Focus: 1 AT
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 2 -> 1 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd's initial approach brought him just short of striking, even with a staff's impressive length. Luckily trees were known for growing. He focused a little bit of magic into Heartwood.
trick: 6D6 = [5, 5, 2, 4, 4, 1] = 21

next strike +1 range and energy type. [Free Action]
The spectral tree around his bonded weapon grew more solid as he swung it in an overhead crushing blow downward toward the arsonist. The tree lengthened and blazed with supernatural energy. He knew that left little for defense but trusted his bark shielding magics.
Hoping he used up ATs defending from the gun shots. Hiding roll as the decision to Defend or not is declared before dice are known.
Spoiler
Spoiler
4 successes, would be energy dmg.

Crush: if I rolled 3+ successes and any damage gets through target loses 1 AT. [Regular Action]

What is Boris wearing armor-wise?
Are his axes Great Axes (which can be dual-wielded in this system, thank you anime), Hand axes, or Tomahawk sized?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Moira opens up the onslaught viciously with a barrage of armor piercing rounds scoring three solid hits in the center of mass which takes a lot of the wind out of Boris as the bandit tries to fruitlessly evade gunfire, only for Lloyd swing his massive weapon resulting in an energy wave splashing into Boris, knocking him from his feet. He lands heavily on the ground and ceases moving, and a moment later, the five of you feel a rush of magic course through you.
Guns really are overpowered. :lol: And Lloyd tipped him just over the edge.
For expedience sake, I'll roll for your powers, looking for a 6+;
Moira, Ericka, Lloyd, Sashura, Dog: 1D6 = [5] = 5
1D6 = [2] = 2
1D6 = [1] = 1
1D6 = [5] = 5
1D6 = [1] = 1

No powers this time.

(EDIT) One more for Dog _: 1D6 = [2] = 2

Moira generates 90 silver with her Alchemic power
Last edited by Gunmetal_Rainbow on Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: 2 -> 1 || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd looks around at the spray of silver all around the body as the spectral tree form of Heartwood regresses back into the .

"Well... Damn."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka blinks, looking at Borris, and then looking down at her hands. Once again charged with powerful magic she apparently won't get a chance to use.

OOC: I believe Dog rolls twice, do his Unguilded status.
------------