Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Arin shrugs, not sure what the Guildmaster wanted to see you all for.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Was Moira able to get her spyglass?
"Of course we'll see the Guildmaster!" Moira says brightly. "She might have a job for us!"

"But, Arin, I don't know how close you were to Tomas, but you have my condolences."

Do we know where her office is? If not she'll ask.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Arin did specifically hand Moira her spyglass, and would give directions.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

"Well, when you're in a guild, when a Guildmaster wants to see you, you show up !" Sashura noted.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog nods sagely at Sashura's comment, "So what you're saying is I should go get that beer?"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Arkrite wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:17 pm Dog nods sagely at Sashura's comment, "So what you're saying is I should go get that beer?"
"Not at all!" Moira says brightly. "If it's a job offer you can accept or reject, but you should be there to hear it and negotiate terms."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Grandmaster Sandra is an older woman and ex-hunter. Despite what hunters will know to be a hard life, she projects warmth and kindness to those around her and has been nicknamed "Grandmother Sandra" by many local-based hunters. She has darker skin contrasted by gray hair worn braided, her face weathered by age. She is missing her right arm from the elbow down, though in its place she wears a simple mechanical prosthetic. Also notable is she has been afflicted by the Vilis Coronam, evident by the horns that protrude from her head.

As your group enters, she looks up from the paperwork on her desk and smiles, beckoning you in. "Ahh, hunters, welcome. Please, sit, and help yourselves to a drink." She motions to several palaces in her office, a few chairs, a sofa, where one could sit comfortably as well as a side bar equiped with a few decanters of liqor and simple glasses. Nothing esspecially fancy, but certainly a luxory to the common folk.

Once everyone is settled, she continues. "Word of your part in preventing the arson of the Von Kamp metalworks is all over the radio. Of course, they don't have your names, and should you like to remain anonymous, I will respect that. I did however, wish to hear the tale from your own mouths, if you'd humor this old woman."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"Well... To be quite honest, Ma'am, it was only really stopped by Miss. Sterling. Her magic allowed her to travel there fast enough, and her aim was with such precision that the arsonists had long surended by the time the rest of us arrived." She speaks, fiddlibg with the hen of her shirt in the face of such authority. It reminded her too much of being talking to her seniors in the Paladin order.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

Dog follows after the others in the back. He had stomped in with his jaw set ready to deal with a the guild master.
A big scarred man, a rich lord, a pompous politician? He'd been ready to stomp in and sneer.

And old lady who'd obviously seen some hell in her time? Maybe it was fallout from the fire, but he remember his parents had raised him to respect his elders.

He carefully straightens up, and loses the challenging stare.

"That's about the long and short of it from my side, Ma'am," He says with a respectful nod, "Just along to watch the show."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira releases a breath and collects her thoughts. "Well, I guess it starts when Arin asked us to look into why Tomas never returned several days ago. After following his supposed route to the Square, Ericka was able to find a lead on where he might have gone - old Aqueducts. Dog's sharp eyes spotted the boys satchel and he also alerted us to terrible feeding sounds from a huge pipe. It was a deceiver-beast. A vaelrat! I was able to spot that the teeth were the most dangerous but it was too packed in there for me to do much else. Lloyd was able to take out the teeth, being the first one in, and, after attacks from several others, Sashura brought it down with her heirloom lance."
"Lloyd fetched the guard to come for the body and led us in completing the young man's last task and we delivered the list to the Ironworks. While dealing with Vivian I had my Totem in raptor form surveilling the area. We smelled the smoke about the same time Bearrage,"
she indicates the bird on her forearm, "spotted danger. I Channeled my senses into him and spotted the two men. Bearrage swooped and I relocated to him to try to disrupt their plans and give the others a few moments to get there. I gave them a warning shot but they refused to yield so I shot for their legs and, while I don't have Dog's gift of making bandits quake in their shoes, they still surrendered."
"Erika found out the men were working under direction of their boss and based out of an old farm somewhere and everyone else pitched in to fight the fire. I know, stopping arsonists isn't traditional Wielder's work but we were varying degrees of happy to pitch in."
Moira says. Throughout the tale she was happy to highlight the valiant contributions everyone made.

"Did I forget anything?" she asks her companions.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

A slack-jawed is Moira's reward at the end, the pyachic not expecting the other woman to go over everything. It felt a little too much of she was to be honest, maybe could've been summed up by half. If nothing else, the young girl felt the other's sincere honesty.

"Uhm... N-no, I.... Think that covers everything."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

Dog nods and deadpans, "I watched."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Sandra listened attentively as Ericka starts the tale, then Moira goes into full-blown details beyond just the events at the Metalwork. She smiles kindly to Dog. "The way I hear it, it was a group of hunters all contributing to fight the fire." she gestures to Moira, indicating the story she just told. "The radio said so as well." her eyes seems to twinkle a little.

"In any case, these fires have been concerning me. Stopping these two arsonists won't stop the fires entirely by the sounds of it, and if they continue, it may well interrupt the guild's supply line which of course will impact our ability to do our job to protect the city from deceivers." she looks pensive and takes up a pen and finished writing a line on the paper on her desk, tri-folds it, and places it in an envelope with a seal. "We hunters aren't normally comissioned for dealing with bandit elements. We fight monsters. That being said, I'm certain the city guard would be elated for any assistance, especially since they can't very well spare the man power to root out bandits that are not within the city walls.."

Sandra holds the envalope before her. "I would like to ask your group to assist the city guard in dealing with these bandits. It will be an official guild job of course. This letter is to request that the city guard cooperate with you in this, within their capacity of course. The reward will be 90 silver a head and an official accolade. What say you?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus
AT: ___ || Wounds: 7/7 || Casting: 6D6

Lloyd nods. "Our head or theirs?" Lloyd asks.

"I mean, 90 silver each of us, or literally 90 for each of the bandits' heads we bring you?" He seems non-plussed by any answer he could receive.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

"For each of you. I'm afraid I don't have much use for bandits heads in my office." Sandra smiles good naturedly.