Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - Ashes of Petram

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Prof Weird

Re: Tales from the Trails (Soulbound) - First journey

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

She smiled at Lady Sterling. "Thanks. But I have to wonder if I'm missing something. There are higher levels of Restoration, which might be even harder to control. The last thing anyone needs is for me to summon up an Abomination when trying to heal injured comrades after a battle.

Let me see if I can heal that horse's injuries."
she stated to Lloyd, "Losing a horse on a long journey can slow things down. And cut into profits."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"I-I mentioned just now, that I had already..." She trailed off in address to Sashura.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings
AT: N/A Wounds: 5/5

Dog thinks about it then shakes his head, still lounging on the ground, "Nah, I'm good Lloyd. Nothing to practice."

He made a note to keep an eye on Lloyd for the next few days. The last time a man gave him that look somebody had tried to stab him. And while it didn't really bother him that Lloyd might be thinking about stabbing him, he didn't much want to get stabbed. Or have to stab back.

It seemed like something that would ruin the business arrangement, and Dog was enjoying making loads of money. So obviously he just needed to keep away from Lloyd for a little while until either Lloyd calmed down, or the job was over.

Maybe he just needed to get the man drunk and take him out to get some women...

He smiled at the idea. His smile grew larger as he imagined how red Ericka's face would turn if she could even guess what he was thinking about.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

With a soundless sigh, she resigned herself to the idea that the other wielders wouldn't be satisfied until they had a look at the horse themselves. Perhaps, admittedly, it could've gone better then it had. Trying to keep the poor mare calm while cleaning it's wounds was a trying challenge that almost certainly would've failed without the supplies their employer allowed access to.

As she was carefully cleaning after the attempted self-surgery on herself as well, her eyes found themselves drawn to Dog. He seemed happy for some reason, and she couldn't help but worry if it was at her own expense.

Thought Stealing (Tier 2): 2 (5,6,2,1,2,3,1,2)
Tier 3 Cunning to resist.
I couldn't help myself.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

Dog continues to grin to himself at the thought, though he slowly looks over noticing Ericka's attention.

With a smile and a wink he goes back to grinning at the campfire.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

Moira frowns at Dog's words. "Oh, sorry you didn't get any new or modified abilities, Dog." interpreting the older Wielder's words thusly.

"You guys go see to that horse, let me know if you need any help, otherwise I'll do another aerial sweep of the surrounding area. Later, I'd still love to hear what it's like to tame a Haunt. I have so many questions!" She says excitedly.

If there's nothing additional, Moira releases Bird-Bearrage into the air and shares senses with it. Her eyes glaze over with a silver sheen but she pays attention to the sounds around her body in case the others ask anything of her.
cunning: 6D6 = [1, 6, 6, 5, 4, 6] = 28
overkill for Channel senses trick
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

"Nah, something ain't right," Dog mutters, getting up, dusting himself off and wandering off to one of the wagons.

A few moments later he saunters back over with a couple young saplings that have been trimmed down into spears, and a package of sausages.

"The last of last night's revelry. I don't really remember why I bought this much but afraid these won't last much more than a day, so we'd better eat them while we can. Help yourselves," He sticks one of the sausages on a stick, then reclines on the ground.

With a contented sigh he slowly starts rotating the sausage over the campfire.

"So, any big plans for your payday when we're done?" He asks nobody in particular.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Millhaus

Lloyd will watch over Sashura's healing of the horse, taking care of any haunts that may arise with a precise sweep of Heartwood. He'll come back to the fire afterward and be enthused at the presence of the sausage. When the question is repeated he'll ponder. "I will tell Battle House of the Silver Akuma, maybe join in hunt if there is to be such. Any coin will be to better armor, and make Heartwood stronger." he gives the thin wooden staff a little bit of a shake. "Not exciting, I know." he shrugs. "But balance must be struck between man and woods."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Moira Sterling

"For me it also depends on what my House wants to do, both regarding the Akuma and if they have other assignments." She says, though it was eerie for her to speak with her eyes glazed over silver and her consciousness only have there.

"There's a lot we don't have access to without being higher ranked in the Guild." she clarifies. "Heck, I haven't even decided between Sharpshooter and Trapper."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

"I don't really... Have much I want to do. I just... wanted to get away from people for awhile. Away from heir thoughts." She shifts on her seat, "I enjoy being out here in the wilderness, but the same time... I miss my bookshelves back home in my dormroom."
------------
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Sashura Vlasova

"I want to become the best Guardian I can be, to maintain the family legacy." Sashura stated, "This journey, while quite profitable, hasn't quite put Chelydra to much use. I've been out of position to attack OR defend twice !

I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing, considering what sorts of things are out there to attack or defend others from."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

As your group converses and gets to know each other a little better, Indius approaches. "Sorry to interrupt, but I need to speak with you. I find myself in a position I'd rather not be, but it seems several of the merchants in the caravan have come down ill. The physicker thinks it may be a manner of illness from the bites of bugs in this area and could be life threatening. We're still several days away from the next city, but Sepulcur is just a few hours back along the land bridge one the tide lowers tomorrow."

He looks troubled, and the reason should be evident. While he wants tor etain your services for the at least the remainder of the trip to your destination, there was that Akuma on the land bridge, and while encountering it again is not a certainty, it is certainly possible you may run into more of its pets. Sending a wagon back is the best chance the sick merchants have, but it's unlikely you'll catch back up to the caravan, so this would also be calling an end to your work contract with Indius. A troubling situation indeed, but it's clear Indius does not want the deaths of these people to be on his hands for greedily keeping you with the caravan when they may not make it to the next city.

"Can i ask that you accompany a wagon back to Sepulcer to protect it? I will need to end our current contract, but I will pay you the wage of the next two weeks now that it would have taken to reach Haihval."

Ericka would know from likely having spoken to the physicker during the trip that the woman is quite competent, so if she doesn't think the patients would make it another two weeks, much less to Elvnir, which is only a few days away, it must be serious.

"As well, while I know this wasn't a guild job, I'll see to it that your group is given the accolades it deserves for its services once I reach Elvnir." You can tell he hates to ask this, since it leaves the caravan significantly less defended at least until Elvnir a few days away where he may be able to hire on some new wielders, but it's a risk he's taking to give these merchants a chance to survive.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Grigor "Dog" Geddings

Dog grunts, taking a bite of out the sausage he was roasting and chewing it before responding it, "You're the boss."

Honestly he didn't really want to have to find a new job already, not after he'd spent most of his cash, but the money was good. And he wasn't terribly surprised, chances were that Indius wanted to get some distance from them just in case that Akuma started after them.

If they lived? Well, they'd probably have a job with Indius again, once he was sure they weren't chasing after him. Sticking around would probably hurt his chances of getting a job in the future.

That being said he wasn't really looking forward to another run in with that Akuma, but if they went in expecting a fight this time...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ericka Akcire

She fidgets her hands in the air, face contorting with worry."A-Are you sure you'll be alright without us? I know that we're unlikely to run into anything else so close to our next stop but- N-No, You're right I... I should be with the sick ones to help keep them recover however I can."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lloyd Milhaus

Lloyd was saddened that he wouldn't be returning home with this caravan but he nods at the direction in agreement with Dog's sentiments. "If you find other work, please, send our way."
"Something pithy this way comes."