PALLADIUM STUDIOS 3e: The PALADINS(OOC THREAD)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS 3e: The ELITE(OOC THREAD)

Post by MacynSnow »

mrdent12 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:52 am Thanks. Would have put a picture, but couldn't find one that wasn't clear cut usage rights to use like a movie image or advert.
Try alamy, they got some decent shots.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Buncha smarty-pants in our support cast it seems, eh? :lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Makes up for the main cast being so dumb, excepting Linda when a decent action movie did it.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I noticed that too! I think Margo & Mariette are tied at 3, which is nothing to sneeze at considering where their build's went. If i'm right, Mike'll have the highest combat skill's(considering he's an LAPD cop) of everybody.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

mrdent12 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:34 am Makes up for the main cast being so dumb, excepting Linda when a decent action movie did it.
Speak for yourself! Jellicle is Int 5.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I found something weird: Every PC but Briar has INT-0(though Protagonist's is dependent on the "Movie Hero" she models, but base is 0), which makes 'em Average American intelligence. Which say's something bad, depending on where your from....:P
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Int and some other scores, aside from RP value, have little mechanical returns aside from more specialize builds. A brawler type might be a genius, but if their build focuses on attacks with little to no expertise the int is there for rp value in most cases. Presence falls into a similar category for me.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mmm, more true then it probably should be. One only has a certain amount of points to apply after all.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Just waiting for Neo's Supporting Cast Build....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Derek and Margo were built in Tandem in my head. The 'less intelligent' athlete always had her guiding hand (since being famous anyway).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Will build Miles this evening when I have my books
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:28 am Will build Miles this evening when I have my books
Cool, take the time you need....
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Well, as it turns out, there's a lull here at work so I just wrote it up now.

Miles Chance
Name: Miles Etienne Chance
Height: 5'11''
Weight 160 lbs.
Sex: Male
Hair: Short, light brown
Eyes: Green
Skintone: Light

Miles was born into a family of cops. His father, his uncle, his aunt on his mother's side...all dedicated to protect and serve. In Miles' mind, there was little alternative. He idolized his father and especially his uncle, who always had exciting stories to tell and often took him on hiking trips, loving his nephew like a son. So, Miles went to the academy and joined the force. The work was hard and not always rewarding, but Miles knew he was giving something back to the community, eager to make his family proud.

During his work, he met Linda by pure chance, when investigating a break-in at the offices of the security firm she worked for - imagine the irony.
Something between them clicked immediately and they kept meeting, eventually realizing that they had fallen for each other.
Alas, times were not entirely blissfull, for it was around that time when Miles found evidence that his uncle took money on the side from a known drug dealer. Miles agonized over this for weeks before finally going to IA.
Needless to say, the next family meeting was loud and ended with a lot of slammed doors. His father was clean himself, but could not stomach the thought of his son basically ratting out his brother before bringing it up personally, trying to solve the problem without informing anyone.
Since then, Miles has had little contact with his family and several others on the force are looking at him askew...still, his sense of duty and Linda's support allow him to hold his head up high...

Strength 3, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 1, Fighting 3, Intellect 1, Awareness 1, Presence 1

Advantages: Equipment 3, Languages, Defensive Roll 3

Skills: Athletics 4 (+7), Expertise: Popular Media 4 (+5), Expertise: Current Events 3 (+4), Expertise: Police Officer 5 (+6), Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+4), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+3), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 5 (+6), Ranged Combat: Pistols 4 (+5), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 4 (+5), Treatment 2 (+3), Vehicles 4 (+5), Persuasion 6(+7)

Equipment: Bulletproof Vest, Cell Phone, Club, Handcuffs, Light Pistol

Offense
Initiative +2
Club, +3 (DC 20)
Grab, +3 (DC Spec 13)
Light Pistol, +5 (DC 18)
Throw, +1 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +3 (DC 18)

Languages: English, Spanish, French

Defense: Dodge 5, Parry 4, Fortitude 4, Toughness 2(5), Will 4

Power Points: Abilities 28 + Advantages 7 + Skills 31 (62 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 75

Complications:
Relationship: Is in a very committed, long-term relationship with Linda McCall, which entails him worrying about her safety - lately, a lot.
Duty: Takes his job very seriously. While this does endear him to colleagues who are as dutiful and faithful to their pledges as him, others who do not share his sentiments might have issues with him.
Relationship: His relationship with his parents has become strained due to what happened between him and his uncle. They all do not talk much these days.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Perfect! I'll get the new Post up later today.....
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

For narrative purposes, what form did Salem's invitation take and what did they say was the nature/purpose of getting together?
"Something pithy this way comes."