DEAD Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! (5th ed)- OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! (5th ed)- OOC

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:45 pm
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:44 pm Not exactly? If you read Spectrums post, it will take us 2 rounds to get close enough to physically get involved.
unless you get creative?
Pretty sure Macyn's post qualifies here, lol.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:19 am
Spectrum wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:45 pm
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:44 pm Not exactly? If you read Spectrums post, it will take us 2 rounds to get close enough to physically get involved.
unless you get creative?
Pretty sure Macyn's post qualifies here, lol.
Thank you, thank you!(takes short bow) :D

In all seriousness though, if you really stop and consider it, it's probably the fastest was to get to Yagra from where we're at without playing "humanoid Pinball" and accidentally shoving a bystander into Undermountain.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Everything cool Spectrum?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Yep. Distracted with work stuff. Hoping that tomorrow is more stable.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:49 am Yep. Distracted with work stuff. Hoping that tomorrow is more stable.
Coolio. Just making sure your alright...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

We still going by Initiative order? If so,i'll wait to post up but i've got an idea on jow to stop Yagra from killing the poor bigoted idjit.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

We can probably slip out of initiative order to a more narrative base.

Are people really eager to get on with a more complete combat and get on with the storyline?

Based on my upbringing as a gamer, if you're in combat, something has gone wrong- which is on my list of things to get away from and improve.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Just a quick question; did my illusion do anything? You didn't mention it in your post, unless it was the "handsom man" behind Marco, in which case, that's not quite right, since she cast it ahead to the scuffle (or at least as close as 60ft can manage, but I thought that'd be far enough if it would take 2 rounds to get there while being hindered)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:48 pm We can probably slip out of initiative order to a more narrative base.

Are people really eager to get on with a more complete combat and get on with the storyline?

Based on my upbringing as a gamer, if you're in combat, something has gone wrong- which is on my list of things to get away from and improve.
I'm eager for the storyline myself. I always liked how they described places like Waterdeep & Baldur's Gate(which is my "perfered D&D hometown") as if they were real places.

As a long-term GM, i only used Combat if there was no other conceivable way around it(like in most Superhero RPG's or if said Creature wasn't stopping any other way). Unless your playing with a group that revels in Violence(aka Murder Hobos), you'd be suprised at the non-violent way's player's think of to end a situation(especially at First Level, when we're all Super-squishy :) )...
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:19 pm Just a quick question; did my illusion do anything? You didn't mention it in your post, unless it was the "handsom man" behind Marco, in which case, that's not quite right, since she cast it ahead to the scuffle (or at least as close as 60ft can manage, but I thought that'd be far enough if it would take 2 rounds to get there while being hindered)
I might not have described it very well, but yes, that was supposed to be the other man and I did, at least, see it as being a major distraction and one of the reasons that they held back in confusion.

The travel time is more about difficult terrain (the crowd) rather than distance.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:52 pm
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:19 pm Just a quick question; did my illusion do anything? You didn't mention it in your post, unless it was the "handsom man" behind Marco, in which case, that's not quite right, since she cast it ahead to the scuffle (or at least as close as 60ft can manage, but I thought that'd be far enough if it would take 2 rounds to get there while being hindered)
I might not have described it very well, but yes, that was supposed to be the other man and I did, at least, see it as being a major distraction and one of the reasons that they held back in confusion.

The travel time is more about difficult terrain (the crowd) rather than distance.
Why do you think i did "The Floor is Lava"? If done right, it'd cut down on travel time as Large crowds tend to give space for tables and chairs, for some unfathomable reason ...
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Okay, so just the mention of it being behind Marco then threw me off, since it should have been ahead of him. :)

Mental adjustments made.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:09 pm Okay, so just the mention of it being behind Marco then threw me off, since it should have been ahead of him. :)

Mental adjustments made.
corrected!
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Rather curious here, what's everybody planning to sub into at 3rd level? Me, i'm currently stuck between Cavalier or Battlemaster for Marco.
Cavalier: this fit's rather well with Marco's background and Soldier occupation. Combining Unwavering Mark with the Protection fighting mean's a lot of Disadvantage flying around on enemy's & that's nothing to sneeze at...
Battlemaster: Probably one of the best subclasses in the game right now, this pick could represent Marco trying to "get away" from his family history while keeping his military roots. The way Superiority alone has shifted entire combat encounters from "Near Immposible" to "Difficult". I'm just personally afraid of coming across as min/maxing if i pick this...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I want to reach 2nd level first.