PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(INTERLUDE:In The Shadow Of Giants)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Miles Chance

" Oh yeah, by the way...Linda's been mulling over a 'superhero' name for herself, too. Her current idea is..what was it...'Protagonist'. I have to say, I like it
", Miles says in response to Mariette...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington

"I think this was a good start," says Salem with a smile. "And I guess we're all on roughly the same page, and seeing roughly the same way forward, which is great! Having each others contact details is good too."

"We have your client to thank for Jellicle being Jellicle," Salem comments to Margo once the topic of names comes up.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

Mary raises her hand slightly, "I've had a question about that, actually. What does that mean exactly? Every time I hear it, I'm picturing a jelly popsicle."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:37 am Mariette Kingly
"The stubborn lug isn't responding to any of my name ideas, some backup would be helpful there." She spoke, taking one of Margo's earlier offered cards. "And not just because I want to see your costume ideas too."
"We can discuss costumes and names if he hasn't picked one out yet. A lot will depend on his powers and proclivities." she clarifies. "In videos not released to the public I see that he can become dust, but reforms with the clothes he was wearing. We need to see if we're restricted by material on that or else he'll show up naked to places - not the image we want. Even then, nothing we can make will be as durable as he is so we'll want things to be easily and cheaply repaired or replaced."
Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:24 pm " Oh yeah, by the way...Linda's been mulling over a 'superhero' name for herself, too. Her current idea is..what was it...'Protagonist'. I have to say, I like it[/color]", Miles says in response to Mariette...
"'Protagonist'..." Margo tests out the sound of it. "But isn't she some kind of genius?" Margo asks. "Names don't *have* to be tied to powers but it can give the public context."
Tony Jones wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:28 pm "We have your client to thank for Jellicle being Jellicle," Salem comments to Margo.
Margo nods. "A Copyright might be hard to get for it, but at least we have an argument if the corporation that owns 'JELLICLE CATS' tries to come after royalties. Might be a marketing opportunity too. We'll have to distance ourselves from the recent movie though." she says with a face.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Miles Chance

Miles shakes his head. " Not a genius. It's...hard to explain and I'm not sure I understand it completely. It's more like...if she's seen a character in a movie do it, she can do it, or know it, too.Also, that thing with her music. It's like the universe is treating her as if she's the main character in an action flick. Or a movie in general. Like...Ellen Ripley, John Rambo and John Maclane rolled into one and seasoned with Egon Spengler's an d MacGyver's know-how. Her words, not mine." He pauses, then shrugs, " It's weird."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo frowns. "That'll be... challenging the explain to Joe Public. But we can do what we can."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

"'Jellicle Cats'? I must be missing something there." The teacher comments with a sigh, "Well, anyway... I'm not sure how he manages to do it, but it seems that Cole's 'Dusting' affects himself, and each part of uniform he wore to the studios that day. For some reason, even things inside it's pockets will change with him."

Fingers tap against the table as she considers things further, "We'll have to figure out why those clothes even act the way they do, and if it could be recreated."
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington
Neo-Paladin wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 pm Miles shakes his head. " Not a genius. It's...hard to explain and I'm not sure I understand it completely. It's more like...if she's seen a character in a movie do it, she can do it, or know it, too. Also, that thing with her music. It's like the universe is treating her as if she's the main character in an action flick. Or a movie in general. Like...Ellen Ripley, John Rambo and John Maclane rolled into one and seasoned with Egon Spengler's and MacGyver's know-how. Her words, not mine." He pauses, then shrugs, "It's weird."
"If she can get the knowledge of all the techno-people from movies and TV shows," ponders Salem. "Could Linda build a real working fusion reactor? Or an antigravity or warp drive that works? Maybe solve all the worlds problems with technology?!"
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:09 am"'Jellicle Cats'? I must be missing something there." The teacher comments with a sigh.
"I looked it up," says Salem to Mariette. "Jellicle cats are from some poems by T. S. Eliot, 'Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats'. Which like Margo says is still in copyright. So we don't want to be making any enemy of Andrew Lloyd Webber over this if we can help it..." they finish with a smile.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:09 am Fingers tap against the table as she considers things further, "We'll have to figure out why those clothes even act the way they do, and if it could be recreated."
"These powers all seem to work weirdly, not just your husband's," comments Salem. "Like the laws of nature are more ... advice ... they can ignore if their powers work in a certain way. I imagine scientists would love to find out more. But then how ethically would the uses their results get put to be, I wonder?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Miles Chance

" Does that ever work in the movies? I don't think her power functions that way. It's centered on her. Last week, she tried hacking - nothing truly illegal, just to see if she could pull something like in Password: Swordfish. It worked. But I am pretty sure that real hacking doesn't just involve typing wildly on a keyboard." He shakes his head. " It worked for her. I have serious doubts it would for anyone else. Also...to create something like a warp drive or a fusion reactor...don't you need some exotic matter and stuff that's way too rare and expensive? I'd not put it past her to build a proton pack...but beyond that...I have my doubts."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington

"Maybe! I don't know. But what if she tried and it worked?!" replies Salem enthusiastically. "If she tries and it doesn't work then all she's lost is a bit of time. But if she tries and it works? Maybe world changing!"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo

"Hmm... 'Action Star' or 'Heroine' might be more catchy but if she really likes 'Protagonist' we can make it work." Margo says to the officer.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:09 am Fingers tap against the table as she considers things further, "We'll have to figure out why those clothes even act the way they do, and if it could be recreated."
"I'm sure I have contacts for material analysis and worse comes to worse, I know some amazing tailors that can turn the existing clothes into something more remarkable."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

Andy wouldn't go for any of this. Still Katie knew she could push him along over time. A nuns persistence and a woman's influence over a man can go a long way. "If done right, everyones powers can change the world. Having a proper marketed team isn't that bad of an idea. I'm not sure how ethically some of the scientists would be though.", chimes in Katie.
Sorry for the delay. The weeks been hella busy. All of that should be sorted I hope though.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

mrdent12 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:51 pm Katie Smith

Andy wouldn't go for any of this. Still Katie knew she could push him along over time. A nuns persistence and a woman's influence over a man can go a long way. "If done right, everyones powers can change the world. Having a proper marketed team isn't that bad of an idea. I'm not sure how ethically some of the scientists would be though.", chimes in Katie.
Sorry for the delay. The weeks been hella busy. All of that should be sorted I hope though.
Mr. CHAO
Sipping his tea, Mr.Chao remarks
"Sister, i have learned a lot of thing's in my life. One of the most important is that Money can buy anything, even a person's Silence ..."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

"He wouldn't agree to getting it all cut up, but, I'm sure I can get him to see the light of things." She comments to Margo, while acknowledging Salem with a nod. Mr. Chao, however, was starting to make her frown. She really didn't like the way he worded things.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

Katie just shakes her head. "You and I have very different views Mr. Chao. If you are ever open to changing your ways, you know number.", remarks Katie.