PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

Post by MacynSnow »

THE NARRATOR
"Like i said before butterfly, this is Hollywood ,California. Home of the biggest Movie stars in the world. Everything that happens here has major reprucusions to entire REALITIES. That's right, i said realities, as in more than just yours. New York might be "The Gatway to the American Dream" and "The City that Never Sleeps" , but Hollywood is always "The City of Dreams" no matter what realities your from. And that's a BIG part of this story, butterfly, Dreams. Let's take a look at a "Dream that Blinked Reality" shall we?..."

PALLADIUM STUDIOS LOT(T-Minus 10 seconds after activation):
....The explosion that ripped through the main backlot could be felt all the way to San Fransisco. For those of you caught in the epicenter, however, it's much worse. For almost a brief second, it felt like you very SOUL was lit aflame and immediately had kerosene dumped on it. Your mind immediately tries to save it's sanity by "flashing back" to earlier this morning, before what felt like the Sun parked itself on top of you....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(Session Zero: A Day Of Change)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second

Dust was think in the air... and something else too, like a million pin pricks in Derek's mind, pushing down on him, each one was a *tick* when his awareness floated over it. But the former olympian athlete pushed the strangeness out of his head as a fit of coughing wracked his body from all the debris present. Each spasm was a torture to his body wracked with firing nerve-ending. When he raised his hand the sight of purple thermal polystyrene shocked him until he forced himself to recall....

The incessant knocking woke him. His head was foggy with sleep but thankfully clear otherwise. The chemical excesses of his youth (like, a year-and-a-half ago) were things of the past. Oh, there had been temptations at the party last night. So. Many. Temptations. Derek allowed himself the brief memory of the heavily-tipsy hostess coming on to him and... as much as wanted to (she was a bunch of years older than him and REALLY HOT), she was married to the guy throwing the party (which woulda been okay if the couple had agreements like that between them) but the kicker was the inebriation... he'd been in too many scandals for that to be a good idea. He didn't need any of those kinds of miscommunications on his reputation. Oh, and the third reason was currently pounding on his door.
"Open up, you are NOT going to be late for this!" his agent's voice penetrated the door. Decades of smoking gave Margo Foxten a deep, gravelly contralto voice. Smooth and commanding. Her more-salt-than-pepper hair and imposing wrinkled scowl also contributed to her no-nonsense air. Derek was quick to open the door despite being clad only in sleep-shorts. The deep purple suit assaulted his sight. It was a full-body wetsuit and it certainly was... eye-catching. "You'll wear this." she says and the tone allowed no dissent. "Street clothes over it. You'll really stand out on camera. Milk that for all you can but don't be pushy, don't step on other people's lines, and don't rush yours."

"Okay, okay." Derek says. "I'll take care of the acting part of it. It's only 4 lines any way." Derek says that last part a bit quieter and grumbly.

"It's an *opportunity* and you'd better make the most of it for both our sake's." she snaps back.

Derek stops, protein powder part way to a 'shaker' cup. He had let her in and started on breakfast but pauses in the assembly of his morning shake.

He smiles. His voice is as smooth and as soothing as he can make it. "Margo, please, relax. You've stood by me all these years, not giving up even when I've been... well... a little P-O-S. Thank you. I promise I'll get back to the top of my game again." He says, taking the wet suit and heading for the bedroom to put it on, (grateful she included a small shaker of baby powder). Then put looser clothing over it. He folded back the head piece, not wanting to traverse the city and meet the others (actors or crew) with it on.

When Derek came out he found that Margo had completed his morning shake and already packed a fanny pack with energy bars and trail mix. Despite her continued and frequent insistence that she was not his mother he was grateful for these little demonstrations of motherly care. His own mother and father still lived in New Mexico and were just as responsible for his dire financial situation as he, himself was. They mismanaged his initial Olympic winnings and early endorsements and it left their relationship (and his personal finances) strained.

As they made their way to Margo's car the agent and PR rep continued her dictation. "Remember to take lap around the lot. It'll loosen up the joints of the suit and any shutterbugs who get a snap of you can only garner interest and media buzz. And this'll be a drop off. I've got other errands to run but text me when you know when the shoot will finish, I'll either come or send a car."

"Errands like... picking up Melody from the airport." Derek asks opening up the glove compartment where a picture of Margo's daughter is. The college co-ed, Melody Foxten, was one of the most attractive women Derek had ever seen but he remembered too late Margo's prohibition from ever speaking about her off-limits daughter. "I mean, I'm... just-a making conversation, Margo. Nothing meant by it." he says quickly.

Margo's scowl was doing a fair impression of a continental shelf and the rest of the drive was spent in silence as Derek practiced his 4 lines in his head.

Toward the end of the drive he tried to save things with a bright and chipper "Well. wish me luck!"

"Break a leg." she replied with the seriousness of a Romani Wise Woman pronouncing a curse.

It's with that somberness Derek Treimcheck watched his agent, PR rep, and sometimes friend drive away.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly

It's a terrifying thing when you recognize you aren't breathing right. Your lungs struggle, desperately trying to grasp that precious life-giving air. Heart starts to beat like crazy as the panic sets in, ignorant of how it's only killing you faster. Your visions starts to blitz and fade, stars streaming through your eyes. Slowly, far too slowly, your body becomes weak and you struggle to even raise your head.

Cole was familiar with what it's like to suffocate, the trauma of choking on your own blood with a piece of rebar sticking through your stomach. What he wasn't familiar with, was the sensation of having your body tear itself apart and slam back together as he struggled to get his breathing back under control...

"Big Iron on his hip..."

Stern, composed, imposing. That's what one needed to embody when it came to private security work, half of the job was just to look like you could break someone in half. Being actually capable of such a feat was considered bonus, one he felt himself handily capable of. Not that he'd ever really wish to do so, of course. An uneventful day at work is a successful one in his eyes.

"Dear, have you seen my... What are you doing standing in front of the mirror like that?"Voice high and chipper like bubblegum, the young Hispanic woman that was his wife sighed at the sight before her.

"...Just checking." Rumbled Cole, a head and half taller yet sounding ten times as meek.

Warm brown eyes rolled in response while she was crossing her arms, "Honestly, King..." When she looked back up one corner of her glossy pink lips was tipped up in amusement. "We both know the only 'checking' that's going on here is from me. Rawr."

His composure crumbled in an instant with an unintelligible noise from him, his eyes now suddenly unable to meet her own. Giggling reached his ears from across the room while his record player was clicked off in the middle of Marty Robbins detailing Billy's possibly exaggerated accomplishments. "Come on, you clearly have some free time before work. I can't find where I set my backpack down after work on Friday..."

It was the small banter every morning as they both got ready for the day which made it all worth it to him. She getting everything together for her class at the local elementary, him getting himself suited up for whatever security contract he was working that day. Strange to think that this all sprung from a chance encounter after some bar-crawl with his old buddies from college.

They ended their morning as they often, standing before the door interlocked in a tight embrace. Mary's hands brought together at the small of his back, head resting against his chest. One of his hands carefully wrapped around her shoulders, the other trailing through her soft fluffy black hair. "Be sure to home safe, okay?"

Cole didn't quite smile, she and his friends had often joked he looked like some big statue because of it. Yet, from the way his eyes softened whenever looked at the woman in his arms however nobody could ever accuse him of containing nothing but loving warmth.

"I wouldn't want to miss your cooking." He assured, with a snicker in response.

"Hah, I knew it. You only love me for my food!"

The two started to step back from each other, with him reaching the door first. "Much more then just that. ...I'll send you a text during my break."

A parting kiss, and the young couple drove off in opposing directions. Mariette arriving before a throng of yellow school busses, and Cole stepping out to gaze at the newly re-opened Palladium Studios. "Alright. Let's make sure nobody's causing trouble."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Andy Harker
HP: 1
CND: Fine

So this is what being near death must feel like except a whole lot worse Andy imagined. He had treated many people in horrendous states. An old army buddy used to joke though that you shouldn't treat people for a bullet wound unless you experienced it. Well, now he could say he experienced it and worse, not that he expected to survive. All around him, even though his eyes were closed in pain was the feeling of others. Different others, but he couldn't tell how he knew or why.

Earlier that morning....

Andy had gotten an advance on the medic gig and paid off the new tires after his last four ran over some nails on skid row when he went down there to check on a kid with a high fever. Emily was fine on the follow up, but his car not so much. If paying off a couple hundred dollar bill wasn't satisfying enough, he also met up with Katie the day...and night before. It was on a standard rounds of the clinic, that he drove to on his brand new paid off tires. All told, he was riding high.

Under one of her guises of a going out to check on the homeless, which was partly true, she had met up with Andy at his flat for some wine, music, and pizza. They laughed, watched Kung Fu, and held each other tight on the couch. As things happen with two consenting adults in love, the holding turned into Andy's bed getting ruffled and clothes being scattered over the floor. From the bliss of a lovers embrace, the standard conversation followed. Each brought up Katie leaving the church before each decided it wouldn't be right for all the people she helped. By the stroke of midnight, she was back in her nun garments and heading back to her quarters.

Since he was already paid, Andy made sure he didn't mess up the gig at the studio. He loaded his medical bag with bandages, over the counter medication, a quick suture kit, and other standard equipment. It wasn't that he expected to use it because events like hiring fairs were at worst someone getting dehydrated from his experience, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Plus, the better he looked the more likely it would be he would get future work.

First, he swung by skid row again to check on Brandon, a former drug addict who had vomiting spells the day before. Andy wasn't too worried, but it was his responsibility to follow up. Brandon had some nasty side effects of taking too many drugs in his youth, so needed extra attention. Mary, his partner, had strict orders to call Andy on the first sign of anything abnormal. When Andy showed up, Brandon was looking ok, but as expected a little dehydrated. All Andy suggested was some water and seeing a doctor proper. The last suggestion was standard and Andy knew it wouldn't be taken up.

Andy arrived at the studio gates ready to. Hopefully they would have a tent set up. Some places just expected him to make due with two chairs and hidden away area. They also didn't give him the expected turnout. Whatever the day would bring, he figured he was ready for. He figured wrong.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall
CND: Fine (?)

She couldn't see. There was not blackness but flickering, oily lights, like the afterimages of the sun when you've looked at it for too long, filling her entire field of vision. She could taste metal...or was it blood? Her teeth vibrated, sending sharp pains through her head. Moving was only a very distant possibility, every muscle and bone being too busy being pulverized before recombining to start the whole process anew...
-----
Earlier...

The bed was cold on Miles' side. He'd gotten up early to start his shift and had miraculously managed not to wake her up. She smiled as she saw that he had also managed to pour her a glass of orange juice and set it onto her nightstand without her noticing.
Taking the glass, she got up and made her way to the kitchen, yawning in comfortable sleepiness. Today would be a big day. Maybe her best. Just thinking about it made her heart beat faster and chased away the shadows of sleep.
She'd spent the last few days constantly thinking about what could happen. Maybe she'd get some small role as an extra, take the first step on the ladder to her dream. Maybe someone would see more in her than just an extra.
Maybe she would...not get any part.
Linda didn't like to dwell on the negatives for long, but that small nagging thought had managed to firmly lodge itself into her mind, spoiling her excitement a little.
Still, she would not let it get her down. She'd go and she'd get a foot in the door.
Her eyes wandered over to the " Die Hard" poster on the wall. One day, it would be her on one of these.
The phone rang, playing the intro tunes to the " Terminator 2" main theme, as she left the shower.
" Hey sweetie, what's up?", she asked. She could hear the usual commotion of a police station through Miles' phone.
" Couldn't let you get out without some last words. You know, before you become famous and leave me for...I don't know, Ethan Hawke or someone like that."
" He'd have to divorce Uma first...but don't worry...I will always think back to you when I am languishing in the arms of the rich and the famous", she responded playfully.
" Good to know you won't forget where you came from. But no, honestly...good luck. You'll kill them", he replied, now sincere.
" Thank you. I promise I'll call you the moment it's over. Until then...", she said before Miles chimed in and they both finished the sentence with " I'll be back."
She ended the call and got dressed, taking a deep breath before leaving the apartment. The future was waiting.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

Oh my god what was that! Oh dear god that hurts. An explosion. I'm caught in a fire. I can't move. I can't see. I don't think I'm breathing. Feels like I'm melting. Flesh bubbling. Oh that's so painful. And so gross. I'm going to die. Salem! If only I had stayed in bed and tried to get over that damn cold. But oh no Briar! You just had to force yourself up and out to Palladium Studios. Oh that hurts. Please. Just stop! Please!

--

Earlier in the day...

Briar Logan groaned as the beeping of their alarm stabbed through their congested head. One more tissue joined the pile overflowing the wastebasket as they blew their nose before dragging themselves out of bed and into the shower.

Emerging cleaner but not suffering any less of a cold, Briar dressed in their best interview clothes. Smart crisply ironed pale purple combat trousers, crisp royal purple shirt and a black suit jacket with a matching purple pinstripe. Some hair product quickly spiked their hair – currently black streaked with the same royal purple – up into their preferred style. Their nose, ear and eyebrow piercings glittered bright chrome.

"Are you going to be OK?" asked their roommate, Salem Remington, as Briar shuffled into the living room. "You do not look well!"

"Don’t feel well either," muttered Briar. "But the interviews are today. I’ve got to be there to be in with any chance of getting my foot in the door. I’ll be OK. I hope! Once I get some coffee in me I’ll be good to go… Don’t think I could stomach anything else right now anyway…"

The hot, fresh black coffee burned but did at least part of its job as Briar checked the contents of their satchel before they left, just in case things had somehow escaped since they packed it last night. Sibling pranks cast a long shadow over such things.

Smartphone. Check. Wallet. Check. Invitation. Check. Copies of resumé and references. Check. Extra tissues. Check. Cold and ‘flu pills. Check. Hair product. Check. Hand mirror. Check. Boots shining. Check. Map. Check. Not that they needed it, but there was always that nagging fear that today would be the day their usually perfect memory chose to become imperfect.

"Wish me luck!" they shouted to Salem, grabbing their keys and motorcycle helmet as they headed for the door.

"Break a leg!" came Salem’s voice from behind them.

The parking garage under their apartment building was quiet at this time of day. Their motorcycle stood, gleaming, in its assigned parking sport, exactly where they had left it. Unlocking it, deactivating the alarm, and donning their helmet, they kicked the starter. Thanks to the maintenance they had done yesterday - just to be sure – the engine roared to life on the first kick and they backed out of their parking space before roaring up the ramp out to the street, emerging into the daylight ready to wrestle with the Los Angeles rush hour, satchel over their shoulder, gloves on their hands.

Fortunately having a motorcycle rather than a car gave them a major advantage. They slipped relatively easily through the traffic, jinking around cars and up the dashed white lines of the lane separators until, before too long, the imposing gates of Palladium Studios loomed ahead, busy with people and vehicles.

Their preferred mode of transport once again stood them in good stead as they rolled up to the gate and presented their invitation to the security guard on duty there.

"Park in Bay 7, by the offices," he told them.

"Thank you!" With a wave, Briar gunned the engine and was away.

Pulling up in the assigned place they parked their motorcycle, locking it and their helmet in place.

A quick check with the hand mirror and the addition of a little more hair product saw their coiffure returned to its former glory and so, with everything in place, they walked towards the offices. Unfortunately a large sneeze interrupted them before they got far, and they dabbed at their runny nose with a tissue as they entered the building.

Their runny nose and sniffles kept the other applicants away as they queued to be seen.

"Can I help you?" asked the receptionist eventually.

"Hello. Briar Logan, here for the set dresser interviews?"

"Through there," she replied, indicating a door. "Room 6."

"Thank you!" replied Briar, their words ending on a sneeze, blowing their nose again as they made their way to Room 6, already busy with hopeful applicants of all kinds. Helping themselves to a coffee from the vending machine, Briar hoped it would keep them alert long enough to get though the interview without ruining their chances…

--

Just for the record, Briar as they are now is like this:

Briar Logan (Pre-Powers)
Power Level 3, 45 points

ABILITIES
Strength 0, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 0,
Fighting 0, Intellect 5, Awareness 5, Presence 0
Total: 22 points

SKILLS
Deception 10 (+10), Perception 2 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+6), Vehicles 10 (+10)
Total: 14 points

ADVANTAGES
Beginners Luck, Eidetic Memory, Equipment - 2, Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Jack of All Trades, Luck - 1, Well Informed
Total: 9 points

DEFENCES
Dodge +0, Parry +0, Fortitude +1, Toughness +1, Will +5
Total: 0 points

OFFENCE
Initiative +0
Unarmed +0, Close, Damage 0, Critical 20

POWER POINT TOTALS
Abilities 22 + Skills 14 + Advantages 9 + Powers 0 + Defences 0 = 45

EQUIPMENT
Smartphone, Motorbike.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Reality suddenly blinks back into you as you & four other's find yourselves in what looks like an Acid induced Trip to Lovecraft Country. Multiple bodies liter the "Hole" where the Palladium studios parking lot used to be. As your hearing start coming back, you hear shouts from multiple directions as various metallic debris start's floating like it's in the Bath.

LEFT(NEAR TEMPORARY FOOD COURT) :
a Slightly Gangly looking young(ish) man dressed in tattered Steampunk garb is laughing maniacally bad(think Snidely Whiplash bad) as he hold's up what looks like a food court attendant by the throat as he slowly start's to rise off the ground....

AHEAD(NEAR EPICENTER):
In the center of the explosion there's a deep crater, looking like the giant hand from Cabin in The Forest got mad and punched down. Over the chorus of screaming all around you, you can just make out what sounds like gurgling coming out of the hole as a large Octopus-like tentacles start shooting out of it ...

RIGHT(NEAR SOUND STUDIOS):
all the metallic debris seems to be heading in this direction as through all the stuff in the air, you can spot a woman in tattered business cloths clutching her head as several pieces of Rebar start's molding themselves along her limbs, almost like they were made of Play Dough...

GM NOTES
all right gang, pick a direction and roll initiative. :D
LEFT=anybody heading this way will need to make a PERCEPTION roll for me to notice anything more than what i described...
AHEAD= i'll need REFLEX rolls from anybody heading here( a nice & simple DC 15) to avoid the Hentai looking thing...
RIGHT=Same roll as center, but this is to avoid getting beaned by the flying debris...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly

He had just been stopping by the to pick up some lunch, some big shot had managed to bring In a local barbecue for scattering. Even had their charcoal grill set up to suffuse the area in a delicious scent of smoked meats. It was enough to get your mouth wattered. Now all he could smell was ash, and his tastebuds have been left dryer then a dessert.

"St... Studio security! Put the girl... And... Yourself, down!" He managed to get out with a ragged breath, lifting a foot to step closer to the man. It crumbled into black dust the momment he tried putting his full weight onto it, cracks raced up his entire body and causing the rest of it to follow suite.

Out of the smoke blackened armbones scrambled to find purchase on the ground, leading up to Cole's half-formed face etched in mute shock.

OOC: Perception: 12
Iniative: 14
Intimidate: 16
First rolls of the game, and boy are they average.
Consider him in a midpoint between insubstancial, he dosn't have good control of his breathing yet.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

Having had their interview and done as best they could under the circumstances, Briar had also made their way to the temporary food court hoping for more coffee to keep their cold under control and themselves conscious enough to ride home safely. They remember just getting a steaming styrofoam cup of black tar-like nectar when everything dissolved into fire and melting and oh so much pain.

Then just as suddenly the pain went away, and the burning. But only most of the sensation of melting. Inside they still felt... molten... roiling... in a way that was somehow... right. But they could breathe again! And see! Briar staggered to their feet.

Nervously they looked down at themselves, dreading the burns and charred flesh the pain they had felt must have left behind. But their eyes widened when they saw that there was no sign that they had been burned at all. Even their clothes were intact, not a smidgen of soot in sight. "What the actual living heck?!" they muttered. "What?!"

"What?!" they repeated in a somewhat dazed tone as their gaze rose from themselves to take in the crater whose edge they were standing on. And the floating metallic debris. And the huge tentacles rising from the hole.

"OK?! Am I dying? Is this some kind of near-death hallucination?" they muttered to themselves.

But when the maniacal laughter began Briar instantly turned that way. Their eyes widened as they took in the rising man. Then still further as they took in the security man crumbling into black dust as he tried to make his way towards the laughing man and his victim.

"Yes! Do what he says! Put that person down! Now!" they shouted, starting to move in that direction.

OOC:
Initiative, going left: 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
Perception Check, looking to the left: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11
Talk about rolling from one extreme to the other!
Last edited by Tony Jones on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
SPD: 2+3(athletics DC) = 5

As soon as he even *thought* about moving and untold thousands of the 'golden ticks' surrounding Derek (in his perceptions at least) flooded into his body and mind.

Tentacles, and him in a wetsuit, this was too perfect. Margo did tell him to stand out. He adopted a track starter stance and rushed forward, the world blurring around him as the thrashing limbs were almost stationary furniture to be walked around.
init: 1d20+18 21
athletics: 1d20+8 18
refelx vs. Area: 1d20+15 27
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Andy Harker

When his head stopped ringing and the world stopped feeling like it was a martini shaker, Andy shakily opened his eyes before closing them again refusing to believe what was going on around him. It didn't help. He still feel people right where he had seen them, even with his eyes closed. It wasn't the normal feeling. The kind where you know something is there, but can't see it by virtue of it just being in front of your eyes. This time it felt as if he could feel them moving even the ones behind tables he couldn't see.

This was not the time for experimenting or running though. He had been in battle with his unit pinned down, shot at while pulling a bullet from someone in a moving car, and worse. Through it all, he helped the people. Now was not going to be different. His training took over. Great Old One rising, not much he could do to stop that. Hostage situation, maybe once it was over he could help. Security or what was left of him had it handled. Woman being slammed by metal was something he could handle.

If only he could get to her in all the flying metal. At the first chance he gets, he makes his way to the woman hoping to knock her out of the way of any more metal while he tries to pry the metal wrapping around her off.
Init 6, got the 1 out of the way early
Dodge 23
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall
HP:1

What the hell...?
Sensations dialed back down to normal, pain receding until it was at the level of a dull but manageable ache, she forced herself to stand up, the blurry afterimages giving way to the outlandish scene before her.
If these were special effects, they were the best she had ever seen. Except that they weren't just effects and tricks.
This was real. She knew it, on an instinctual, lizard-brain-level. And that meant she had to act.
Acting on pure instinct, she dashed towards the woman who was getting bombarded with metal.
Somehow, she managed to dodge and weave under the flying debris, approaching the woman...

Dodge is a 24 Dodge: 1D20+9 = [15]+9 = 24

Initiative is a 28 Initiative: 1D20+10 = [18]+10 = 28

Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

'Wait,' thought Briar suddenly. 'Are those bodies?! That I'm standing on?! And that screaming. What in gods name is happening here?! Was I one of the people screaming just now before I ... got better? What happened to me?! Oh, I am going to be in therapy forever!'

OOC: Briar gets more of a view on the situation which distracts them from whatever is going on over by the guy they are shouting at...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Hollywood executives would be crawling all over themselves to buy in if this was a Movie, but unfortunately it's not Butterfly. It's pure unadulterated pandamonium as various people on the ground appear to be divided between convulsing like a Seizure or curled up in a fetal position wretching out what they had for a meal and shaking....

LEFT(NEAR TEMPORARY FOOD COURT) :
The man look's briefly terrified upon hearing CK's threat, which allows the attendant time to wriggle free of her apron as she falls on her butt in front of him as he continues to float about 4-5 foot off the ground.She start's scooting away as her assailant start's speaking(in a VERY bad British accent)
"Do you have ANY idea whom your speaking to in such a Cavalier manner?! I Am LORD SHADOW(tm) and i will show you peons just how powerfull i am...."
He waves his gloved hands(apparently the piece of his outfit that WASN'T torn somewhere) in your direction as he speaks what sounds like Harry Potter latin...

WILL SAVE VS. CK INTIMIDATION: 3+5=8(https://orokos.com/roll/870465) well that's just perfect for my luck...
"Bombarda Maxima" Attack(area):12+8=20(https ://orokos.com/roll/870466) pretty decent attack....DC18 reflex guys...
INITIATIVE:7+1=8(https://orokos.com/roll/870467) boy, "Lord Shadow" can't seem to catch a break...

AHEAD(NEAR EPICENTER):
when you get within sight of the crater, it's almost like a scene from a bad Re-Animator rip-off. Bodies are littered everywhere with apparently a 6 '8" Purple skinned naked woman gurgling as 6 octopus-like tentacles are spreading from either side of her body. An originally pretty face look's like it was caught in mid-transformation as micro-tentacles have just sprouted out of her mouth. Catching sight of you, she(it?) gurgles in your direction and swings a pair of pods in your direction...
INITIATIVE: 19+1=20(https://orokos.com/roll/870469) wow, that's rather fast for an Octopus woman...
Unarmed attack:7+8=15(https://orokos.com/roll/870470) don't think it's gonna hit, but woth a shot....

RIGHT(NEAR SOUND STUDIOS):
upon getting closer through this almost floating minefield of debris, you can see this young asian woman(top of your head, she's just old enough to be outta high school IF at that) slowly starts trying to rise from the ground as you can hear her shouting something in Korean as she sweeps her hand as if she's warding something off, the debris around you suddenly flying at your general area. You also unfortunately note that more rebar and various large metallic pieces continues to conform to her body (almost like it's making a crude set of armor)...
For those characters that can speak Korean, here's what she shouted...
"Get outta my head, your not me....JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, YOU EVIL THING!"
INITIATIVE:7+4=11 (https://orokos.com/roll/870471) fairly average roll, considering my others so far ...
"Debris" attack :3+7=10 (https://orokos.com/roll/870472) again fairly average roll...
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Fine

"What are you doing, you maniac?!" shouts Briar, shaking their fist disapprovingly but ineffectually at what he was doing, their eyes widening as they quickly ducked down to avoid the worst of his "Bombarda Maxima" attack.

They felt the 'flow' of the roiling inside them change as they really, really wished there was something they could do to stop this super-powered maniac. Then gasped as rather than waving ineffectually their arm suddenly stretched like elastic, growing enormously long, their fist at the far end growing also, into a massive bony club that struck at 'Lord Shadow' and snapped back, while at the same time thick royal purple scales grew up out of their skin, entirely covering their body, transparent scales even covering their eyes...

"Fisticuffius Maximus!" they shouted in his own mock-English accent, grinning mockingly.

OOC:
Dodge check vs "Bombarda Maxima" Attack: 1D20+2 = [17]+2 = 19
Elongated bony club swings for 'Lord Shadow': 1d20+8 16

Coyotecode helpfully decided to stop working when I rolled for the attack so over to Orokos...

Shapeshifting Variable: The Elastic Purple Pangolin
Damage - 8 (Strength Based), Accurate - 3; Elongation - 4 (120 feet); Protection - 8; +2 Dodge
DEFENCES: Dodge +4, Parry +2, Fortitude +6, Toughness +14 (Impervious 1), Will +8
OFFENCE: Club +8, Close/Elongation, Damage 10, Critical 20
Last edited by Tony Jones on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.