PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(INTERLUDE:In The Shadow Of Giants)

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

Andy was the one trying to stay low. Katie was the one pushing him to rise up. The situation she had been apparently called to discuss and join in with support was opposite of what she was pushing Andy to do. His powers and the others she had only heard stirrings about could help raise up humanity. Whatever their source, they were gifts from God. "I heard about someone fast, but who else got powers and how many were there? These powers are gifts from God to heal and help man. How many more did he bless?", inquires Katie.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Miles Chance

" I don't know about God", Miles says, " but things have been...interesting. My girlfriend was...affected.She's always been a bit of a movie buff and now, she..I don't know how to really describe it. She...can be like one? A character in an action movie?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo

"The fast guy would be my client, Derek, or, Split-Second. I'm Margo Foxten, as some of you know, Publicity Agent and PR Rep. And I've gotta tell ya, if you want to keep someone humble, let a paparazzi take a bad picture and post it on 4 different rags across the globe. Going public is the best way to keep someone from forming a God Complex." Margo says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington

"Are you sure?" Salem asks Margo seriously. "As far as I know there are plenty of celebrities whose feet are far from the ground despite the paparazzi doing their best!"

"I also don't know about god," they continue. "But maybe they will end up helping and healing man. That would be great! But our helping keep them on the level and able to do so sounds like a sensible idea regardless!"

"Sorry, should have said before. My roommate is Jellicle, the shapeshifter. They've been in the media quite a lot. And that is a change from how they were before right there! I worry about them," they conclude a little sadly.
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

She wasn't exactly expecting their host to be launching into a full-blown inspirational speech, but she'd make do. "Cole doesn't exactly want for the spotlight, but if I know my man... He's probably itching to try doing some real good with what he's been given. Getting him to actually leave the house to do it is another thing."

Having watched the news, several of who they mentioned seemed familiar to her. All of them, though, had something in common her husband didn't. "It changed him in... More ways then one. Let's just say, he doesn't exactly match his driving licensed anymore. I think he's scared of what the public will think."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo

"Self-correcting problem. Celebrities whose egos get that high either make a brand out of it or stop being welcomed as celebrities. Money dries up, fame dwindles. Forgotten." Margo says.

"And 'Doing Good' can come in all forms. However, the... initiative that Chelsea proposed, and Derek agreed to WAY too quickly, involves an authority that this group doesn't have. To fight people like the Copy Boyz, can't use 'Xerox' since it's trademarked, borders on vigilantism - still illegal in most states. They'll need a good relationship with the powers-that-be and they'll need good press with the public. That can be done if we do it carefully, no matter what they look like." she assures.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

GROUP(SPRING 4-WARD):
taking a deep breath, Mr.Chao(as he's INSISTED everyone call him) places both his hands in front of his nose as he say's
"Getting permission from City Hall won't be an issue, some people there owe me favors. IF we follow my Daughter's idealistic proposal, what would the benefits be Exacly? My Daughter's.....unnaturalness is starting to get irritating. I've already had to replace all the Electronics in the Manor once already...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Katie Smith

"The devil, mans inherent sinful nature, or whatever you want to call it will tempt anyone with the powers they were given. I have seen miracles lately. A woman on the verge of death up and walking as if she had never been sick. A child suffering from an illness no doctor could cure going from her death bed to running around like a happy child should.", says Katie in a way only someone devoted to the church could. "Split-Second as you call him can use his powers for saving countless lives in natural disasters. Your girlfriend depending on her blessings might be able to save whole cities. Jellicle could be the ultimate agent of good if they choose the right form. While this is the first I've heard of this initiative, if it helps achieve what I have to believe is the Lords will of lifting up mankind that is all the authority it will need.", adds Katie.

She looks around at everyone. "I agree with Salem that we all have our part to play in the greater plan, whatever it is. Whatever we believe in, I don't think there is a power on earth that can stop them long term from achieving the Lords plan for their blessings. Good PR and if you mean a good relationship with the government can help ease the way, I don't see too much harm that can come from it. A few bad photos or lost revenue would not be enough to keep them from indulging in the deadly sin of pride. I am not trying to say they should should all convert, although my door is always open if they are inclined, but like is thought by the bible all men should humble themselves before the Lord. That humbleness and whatever you want to call the higher power would be important to remind them of.", completes Katie.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Margo actually laughs at the notion of Derek converting. She apologizes for her outburst almost immediately.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:11 pm "They'll need a good relationship with the powers-that-be and they'll need good press with the public. That can be done if we do it carefully, no matter what they look like." she assures.
Salem nods in agreement with Margo's words. "I think they have a reasonably good relationship with the CDC, if nothing else," they comment.

--
MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:47 am "Getting permission from City Hall won't be an issue, some people there owe me favors. IF we follow my Daughter's idealistic proposal, what would the benefits be Exacly? My Daughter's.....unnaturalness is starting to get irritating. I've already had to replace all the Electronics in the Manor once already...
"See, that's part of the problem right there," Salem tells Mr Chao. "Referring to their powers as unnatural - which I hope you have not been doing to your daughter's face - for whatever reason is pushing them away. Making it more likely they will do the kinds of things I am worried about."

"I would hope that as time passes your daughter will learn to control her powers better and stop breaking things. Don't forget they have all only had their powers for a short time. Full control of them may not be easy. Would you expect someone to learn to drive a car or build a house in a couple of days, and be irritated at them for not doing so?!"

"As for the benefits, well I guess good publicity for one thing, avoiding having powered people hunted or locked up just because of their powers. And protecting the world from other people with powers if they go down the wrong path."

--
mrdent12 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:02 am "While this is the first I've heard of this initiative, if it helps achieve what I have to believe is the Lords will of lifting up mankind that is all the authority it will need.", adds Katie.
"I cannot help thinking that the governments of California and the USA might disagree with you on that one!" Salem comments.

"But from what Jellicle said Mr Chao's daughter wants them to band together to help protect the world from other people with powers. How big a job that might be depends on how many others got powers then, and what their attitudes are of course..."
mrdent12 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:02 am "That humbleness and whatever you want to call the higher power would be important to remind them of.", completes Katie.
"I think that may be part of the problem, potentially. Their coming to think that they are the highest power. From what Jellicle has said there was at least one person at the ... Event ... who already thought that. I guess that's the kind of people Mr Chao's daughter was thinking they would be protecting us from..."
Last edited by Tony Jones on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Miles Chance

Hearing Mr. Chaos' words, Miles gave him a sharp glare. " Yeah, calling people with powers unnatural certainly won't be harmful in the long run", he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. " Things will be hard enough for the world without us creating the very things we fear. And I sincerely hope you are not giving your daughter a hard time. Linda told me she more than proved she wanted to do good."
He listens to the others before chiming in, " From what Linda told me, I didn't get the impression that anyone in the group was liable to become too full of themselves. I don't think we'll have to worry much about that, for the time being." He looks at Mariette. " And I am trying to keep Linda from going out and look for crimes and wrongs to right. Not sure I can do so much longer. She wants to use these powers...be like the people she idolizes. At least she still looks normal...if you can ignore that it's as if Hans Zimmer is following her around with a fricking orchestra..."
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

The woman giggled slightly to herself at some bizzare mental image prompted by the man's description. "My husband and I both already go to church, Sister. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to consider this a blessing from god themselves, but..."

Briefly she shakes her head. "It's certainly a gift of some descriptor."
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington

"Jellicle mentioned he had changed his appearance. He can't turn it off? I can see his point. That does make things more ... complicated. Perhaps he just needs to be presented ... properly? I'm sure a good publicist could come up with something?" Salem finishes, looking at Margo.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mariette Kingly

With a nod, "It's certainly a very... Dramatic change. I've always liked tall dark men, but what's happened to him is something else." She pauses, then leans forward with a more mischievous smile. "Not in a bad way, though."
------------
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Salem Remington

"Well that's good at least!" Salem comments.