PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

Post by mrdent12 »

Andy Harker
HP: 1
CND: Fine

Katie swung by Andy's place after the meeting talking all about team names, uniforms, marketing, and everything he didn't want to be involved. She was expected back at the church soon to help get ready for a food drive, so they tabled it for another day. A week passed and Katies nudging of him to pay more visits to skid row, something he was sort of inclined to do anyway, kept them from talking much about this whole Paladins team thing. After the clinic and a long night of healing someones cancer, bad case of the flu, or other severe medical conditions they couldn't afford to see a doctor for Andy was too tired to do much talking anyway.

Around skid row, it was still card board boxes and tents after a week. People still came to the clinic tired and ill. There was a noticeable change in their attitudes though. What once was people beaten down by the system was now people with hope and health to do things like kick a football around with their neighbours or play with their kids again who also were healthy. Even around Saint Vincents there was an uptick in health being noticed. His boss even noted at an all hands meetings EMT calls to the area had plummeted. Beverly Hills was getting more ambulance calls now even. Reports read that the cops were calling in medics much less as well.

None of this was something that would make it up the chain. Poor forgotten people not using as much city resources, why complain? Maybe they were dying? Was the thought process of people who make decisions went. Another phenomenon was sick people who clearly had premium health insurance were trying to dress down to fit in to be treated at the clinic. Andy could spot the type every time even with the hoody he now routinely wore to mask his face somewhat. Your standard homeless person would smell like they hadn't showered in weeks. These new visitors would smell of perfume or have clothes that had obvious intentional tearing. Someone had talked about what Andy was doing to the point that even the people with money had gotten wind of it all.

A couple more weeks after the meet up of significant others, Andy started seeing murals under bridges with his picture more or less wearing a pull over hoody. One even had his face on it with a halo over his head. Now they were drawing him as some sot of divine messenger, which was the last thing he wanted. More attention was even coming his way in the form of a visit from some low level person at the CDC giving him a persons card. Katie once again stepped in and urged him to at least give them a call. He was already being drawn as an angel after all.

A week before the meetup at the suit, Andy started noticing eyes following him. Little kids no older than 13 running off whenever he tried to approach. To say it was unnerving would be an understatement. When not on duty and weather permitting, Andy made sure to wear a hoody or something so no one would recognize him.

---------------------------

At the suit spraying, Andy showed up and kept an eye on the scene with friendly nods to the others. If he was going to be pushed into this Paladin initiative, he'd at least try to not stick out. His name was in too many places right now. "So trying to make INC powered suits now than? Not the strangest thing I've heard lately.", remarked Andy to Linda and the scientists.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall

HP:1
LCK: 7

" Hey, Andy. How are you holding up?"
Linda asked. Like her, he still looked human but maybe with his powers, he was under more pressure than any of them. In addition to, according to Miles, having a very insistent friend in that nun.
With a roll of 28 (putting 12 ppoints into Technology) did I learn something new about the gun?
Technology: 1D20+12 = [16]+12 = 28
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

GROUP:
Bentley nod's her head in Linda's direction as she reply's
"Ms.McCall is basically right, at least IN THEORY. We haven't done any actual field testing for fear of what happened to you guy's happening again and it's supposed to be worn outside...."
Giving Derek a brief once-over as she replies
"We could easily coat that if need be, Mr.Triemchek..."The unspoken "if this works" being left unsaid.
"As far as the mystery Saboteur goes, Mr.Jellicle, you'd unfortunately have to talk to Col.Makepeace about it as he claimed 'Head of Security' right's on it.I'm certain you'd know what he meant by that Mr.Kingsley, seeing as you've worked Security before..."

COLE:
You do indeed know what Makepeace was refering to! It's a "Security Slang" term that mean's "But-out", but the only reason you can think for using it would mean it involves his own forces...
Spoiler
Make yourself an Expertise:Security or Police roll Doc, if you want to figure out more.... :evil:
LINDA:
It took you a couple of day's(as well as Binge watching all four Ghostbusters movies), but you finally managed to crack it. While originally it might've been a toy, somehow Franchichi created a micro-Particle Accelerator(IN THE 1950'S) that could(according to setting) punch a hole in Mount Fuji from Tokyo, as well as anything else in-between. The fuel source, however, is INC. Unfortunately, you can't seem to figure out how Franchichi refuels it...
ANDY:
As your listening to Dr.Bentley, you get the feeling your being watched again...
Spoiler
Perception check Please! :)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Jellicle (Briar Logan)
Hero Points: 4; Luck Points: 1
Condition: Fine

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:30 am "I got the briefing though... covering a suit so folk like Jellicle and Cole don't have to be naked. he says looking at the clothes that Jellicle fashioned for themselves presumably out of their own 'stuff'. "We still don't know if you'll revert to something 'other' if you're knocked out do we?" he asks the fox-person.
"We don't," agrees Jellicle. "But after our last encounters with that INC stuff, I'm not sure I want to be rubbing it all over my body, no sirree bob! I think I'd rather risk nudity!"

--

Jellicle returns Andy's nod with a nod of their own, and a foxy grin.

--
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:20 pm "As far as the mystery Saboteur goes, Mr.Jellicle, you'd unfortunately have to talk to Col.Makepeace about it as he claimed 'Head of Security' right's on it. I'm certain you'd know what he meant by that Mr.Kingsley, seeing as you've worked Security before..."
"That's a darn shame," comments Jellicle. "Though having met the man, not a huge surprise. But if he should want assistance from someone with the nose of a bloodhound, and other senses from the animal kingdom, tell him to give me a call!"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image Cole Kingsly
Breathing normally | 1 HP | Normal

Security: 15 Owy.

"Dosn't want any outside interference, for one." He comment right off the bat, speculating slightly on the specifics even if it they don't lead him anywhere.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Andy Harker
HP: 1

Military and security minds. Andy knew the type and despite coming around to Katies pressures didn't quite trust the military. Not much to do when there is pictures of you with halos on walls though. As he tried to keep an eye on the experiment, he couldn't shake a feeling of being watched.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall

LCK: 7

" As for the thing...it's basically a hand-held particle accelerator. As in 'make a hole in anything between here and, say, Mount Rushmore'. That gun is something I wouldn't want anyone to have."

She shakes her head. " Just looking at the insides of that gun made my head spin. And I was channeling Holtzmann and Spengler at the time. That's seriously impossible tech."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Jellicle (Briar Logan)

"There's a lot of that about at the moment!" Jellicle comments to Linda with a foxy grin.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall

LCK:7

" Whoever this Emperor Francini really is, if he can build things like that, he's beyond dangerous. I'm not sure I could construct something like that. No...I'm pretty sure I couldn't. Reality might give me the VIP treatment, but I know there are things it still won't let me do",
Linda says. She doesn't go into detail but she still remembers the pain of her sprained ankle after trying to emulate Superman and fly...
Not one of her proudest moments.
Flynnarrel

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(Session Zero: A Day Of Change)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
HP:2 LP:1 CND: Hunky-dory (More Hunky than Dory)

"Ah, I have 6 of them hidden around the office." Derek says regarding the gun.

His mind accelerates. "There must be a power source that depletes. But we have his lab. Has it been searched to try to find research notes of design specs?" he says, voice pitched low not to be overheard.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Jellicle (Briar Logan)

"Well, if he was an adult in the 1950s Emperor Francini might be dead of old age by now," comments Jellicle. "Which would be a kind of a shame given the amazing things he made. Even if he was as mad as a hatter! But on the other hand, time portal thing. And was the duplicating someone's super-power, or something his technology did? Because if it's tech, then who knows how many of him could be wandering about?!"
Flynnarrel

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(Session Zero: A Day Of Change)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
HP:2 LP:1 CND: Hunky-dory (More Hunky than Dory)

"Given that one of his inventions was a goo that preserves anything, I doubt he succumbed to old age." Derek says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall

LCK:7

" Not the tech. Remember, when we got him out of there he immediately shed several new copies. Now, the tech could have altered him by infusing him with INC, but what we took out is a superhuman on its own now", Linda reminds him.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Jellicle (Briar Logan)

"Darn it!" mutters Jellicle in response to both Derek and Linda's words. "Because if comics have taught me anything over the years, it's that he's going to return and give us grief when we least want and expect it!"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image Cole Kingsly
Breathing normally | 1 HP | Normal

"I won't let him get away from me again." Cole vows with a deepset frown.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sun May 09, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."