PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE PALADINS(SESSION THREE:SUFFER NOT OTHERS...)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: PALLADIUM STUDIOS(MnM 3e): THE ELITE(Session Zero: A Day Of Change)

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan
Hero Points: 1
Condition: Fine

Briar continued treating the injured in the parking lot, their multitude of tentacles - which now seem to have acquired small eyes on their tips - continuing to locate more injured people and gently lift them to the parking lot with the others as they worked to ensure, that at the very least, no-one else died here...

As they work, they raise their voice. "Does anyone here have a phone? Ring 911!" they shout.

'OK, still plenty of first aid to do. Hope nobody dies. Should I try and help that super-fast guy stop the weird tentacle-woman? She seems pissed; maybe she is stuck like that? That would suck. Not that that is any excuse for going on a rampage. But he seems to have it under control. And at least the injured are away from the fighting now.'
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly
Breathing out (5 rounds) | 1 HP | Normal

Cole nodded towards the... Very strange person-creature. It seemed as though his strange half-physical state wasn't nearly as severe regarding their own chaotic form. Things that needed to be thought about more in-dephly later when there was actual time for it.

Taking and bending metal around someone seemed like an impossible task. His gym-buddies often acknowledged him as one of their best when it came to weight-training, but there was a limit to human strength. Lucky for him then that hardly anything about his state seemed constrained to the limits of humanity now.

Only once the rebar had been twisted properly around the man's ankles and wrists did Cole stand, taking in the enormity of their situation. His breath released slowly, skin loosing that deep tone it held. At the same time he wasn't collapsing into dust right away either.

Taking in the scope of their situation, he noticed that there were some other people who were getting a little too rowdy for his liking. To be fair, it more looked like the octopus thing was at fault, but one needed to be objective when it came to this thing.

"Hey. Break it up!" He shouted, bursting outward into dust that converged on the pair.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

"And is anyone here a medic?! Could use some help with these people!" shouts Briar. "Though no-one seems to be anywhere are badly injured as you might think from the size of the crater. Weird... Another weird thing for today's roster of weird things..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
HP:1 / CND: good for now
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:15 pm "Hey. Break it up!" He shouted, bursting outward into dust that converged on the pair.
And now Pigsty from the Peanuts comics was getting involved. "Woah there Dust Bunny!" Derek warns. "Miss Grabby is in full-on shark frenzy. I've focused her attention on me for now, otherwise no telling what kind of havoc she can cause. But she's really tough... and slimy." he says with scrunched face. His words come quickly. He's naturally a talker, especially as coping mechanism for this strange and frenetic situation, but now that his thoughts are sped up too the floodgate on words has sprung leaks.

"I'm Derek. I was running the lot earlier, we may have seen each other... unless you were trapped in a Roomba. Oh, I've got my GoPro going so you might want to keep the language PG. But we can bleep out things in Edit if you can't. No pressure."

He wanted to add that he loved the man's work in Infinity Wars - stunt double for all those actors post-Snap, but even Derek knew when there were limits. Plus he got teary remembering that scene and he did NOT need that right now.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly
Breathing out (5 rounds) | 1 HP | Normal

He tried to respond. Really, he did. Yet talking through an exhale just wasn't quite part of his skillset. All he had to show for his effort were the particles that somewhat resembled his face moving silently. Perhaps the man could lip-read?
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Andy Harker
HP: 1
CND: Fine

The person? Creature? Whatever that had just moved all the hurt away from everyone else that wouldn't be trivial to get to now wanted the onsite medic to drop tending to possibly worse wounded and run back and forth. It was something that happened every time, save for the whole multiple arms. "Keep them stable and I'll get to them. Might be someone in the middle of all this mess that is in more urgent need of help.", quips back Andy while waiting for a response from the possibly high school age person on an executive board.

It would have taken at least twenty or thirty seconds to rush to the cluster setup, maybe another thirty seconds to quickly triage it all, and just the amount of time to treat all those people for simple bruise. So, Andy just kept up with his plan for now.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

mrdent12 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:02 pm "Keep them stable and I'll get to them. Might be someone in the middle of all this mess that is in more urgent help.", quips back Andy while waiting for a response from the possibly high school age person on an executive board.
"Understood! Already keeping them stable as best I can!" came the reply.

OOC: The call for a medic was not to anyone specific, just a general request for help shouted out to the area at large, and in particular in the hope that some of the less injured might themselves be first aiders or somesuch...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall
HP:1
LCK:6

As nonthreatening as possible. Linda puts herself into the woman's path. " I promise we'll take care of it. Right now, you need to sit down and let us tend to your injuries. If you hurt yourself more, it won't help anyone. Stay here and let my friend help you."
It was interesting how the tone and inflection, her entire way of speaking, shifted. She'd seen more than enough negotiation scenes on the big screen...and she now remembered them with perfect clarity.

Using Variable to put 13 points into Persuasion for a total bonus of +18
Got a 37: Persuasion: 1D20+18 = [19]+18 = 37
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I tell you Butterfly, you'd be amazed at how a major disaster or explosion can bring out the best & worst in humanity....
AHEAD(NEAR EPICENTER):
Dereke, if this woman's eyes were a littele bigger you couldtell tell they just crossed. Unfortunately, your follow up strikes did bubkis and she Start's to Flail about angrily...

RIGHT(NEAR SOUND STUDIOS):
As the two of you see the FRIENDLY Octopusperson(?) and a couple of the formerly injured start performing decent triage, Chelsea looks about ready to say no,but sigh's wearily as she says to both Andy & linda...
"I don't know what it was SUPPOSED to do, that was Dr Feldon's job, but he called it an Intristic Nanosecond Converter or I.N.C. machine for short. I have NO idea what it did(she laughs a little crazily) i was just here to represent my Dad..."
Andy, as Chelsea was talking you notice multiple more injured are down in 'ground zero' but that strange 'Life sense'(for want of a better word right now) of yours is showing them slowly...merging?...at the dead middle of it...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Split-Second
HP:1 / CND: good for now (but fatigued next round)

Derek continues avoiding the squidgirl's not-so-loving touches.

He will try the flipping around once more.
DC21 or vulnerable, move action agile feint
Then go in for the bashes, though less sporadically placed.
flurry, power attack 3: 1d20+12-3 21
if that hits, dc22 +2 if hit by 5 or more (possible if she's vulnerable via the feint), +5 if hit by ten or more (unlikely)
Derek will then press his attack hitting her from behind with his prodigious speed.
Surge for extra action, flurry attack using Indirect 4 to hit from unexpected, [vulnerable] angle
flurry,: 1d20+12 15 if hits (possible from vulnerable) DC19 toughness.
"Something pithy this way comes."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Andy Harker
HP: 1

He had to act now. So what if the explosion which should have killed many people, yet only leaving quite a few injured, was unknown. It came from some weird gadget and gave him the ability to have the healing touch. Others it gave powers of super speed or turning into octopuses. This wasn't like any battle's he'd been in before. In times like these, you stand up to be a hero or run away. Andy decided to be a hero. "Don't ask me how I know, because I couldn't tell you. There is people in the center of the blast area being consumed or something. I'm going in. Can you keep the octopus woman off me?", says Andy not waiting for an answer.

He rushes to as close to the ground zero as possible and surveys the scene with a trained eye for triage. If only he could help everyone get away, ran through his mind. It was one of those impossible situations where everyone was in danger and some might need to not be saved. Deep inside, Andy felt another surge of energy well up in him and the light spread out like a blast around him instead of going through his hands. Something inside him said, not today. No one dies today.
Healing 10(Extras: Area +1/rank, Stabilize +1/flat, Persistent +1/flat)
Healing 14, good enough for the a single condition starting at the worst
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cole Kingsly
Breathing out (4 rounds) | 1 HP | Normal

A sudden bright light off to the side drew his attention to the occurrences taking place near the explosion's epicenter. Something about it didn't sit right, which meant they needed to subdue this woman as soon as possible. His form swept over her and swirled, tendrils of his own trying to find purchase on her slippery body. He may've lacked properly bodily strength like this, but that didn't mean he couldn't do something.

Whenever the course particulates scrapped over the woman's skin, painful red welts were left behind. Something seemed to be taken from her the more he swarmed. Something crucial, essential...

Grab: 26
Resist DC: 19
What's Yours is Mine (If successful): DC 19 Fortitude vs. Weaken Stamina + Weaken Strength
------------
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Linda McCall
HP:!
LCK: 6

After making sure that Chelsea would not relapse into throwing metal around anytime soon, Linda headed after Andy, on the lookout for anyone who might interfere with his attempts at First Aid.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Briar Logan

With the triage of the injured getting into its stride, Briar had a moment to survey the rest of the scene around them. It seemed that most of the people who had been affected by the blast were either being helped, or did not need any help. So perhaps it was time to see if there was anything else they could do...

Then there was a great burst of light from the crater. 'Perhaps that is where I am needed right now,' they thought.

And with that thought, from most directions the vast mass of tentacles they had somehow produced flowed back into them in an equally infesible manner. Only those extending towards the parking lot remained so that Briar could continue to help the injured from a distance. The rest of them, still armoured in glossy purple pangolin-like scales, and with enormous iridescent bug-like eyes covering most of their head above their mouth, briskly moved closer to the crater; their body had not left the vicinity since whatever had happened ... happened.

"Hello?" they asked the tall, slender, blue-eyed woman [Linda McCall of course], angling their movement to parallel them without coming too close, their entirely normal-sounding voice very much at odds with their strange appearance. "I have the situation with the normal injured under control over there. Is there anything I can do to help over here?"

Shapeshifting Variable: The Savior Sea Anemone v2
+1 Strength (3 total); Selective Cone Area x 3 on Strength 3 (250 feet cone side); Protection - 6; +2 Dodge; Quickness - 1; Senses - 1 (Radius Vision); Feature: Eyes on Tentacles
DEFENCES: Dodge +4, Parry +2, Fortitude +6, Toughness +12 (Impervious 1), Will +8
OFFENCE: Strength -, Selective Cone Area x 3, Damage 3, Critical 20
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The World is full of truly amazing & beautiful thing's Butterfly, But it's also got some of the most terrifying as well...

CK & SPLIT-SECOND:
you don't know what it is, but it's like dealing with a completely different person. The Octowoman Looks badly confused, drops to her knees from a Barrage of punches, then drops unconscious from what appears to be a Giant cloud that appears to briefly dry her out....

ANDY,BRIAR, & LINDA(CRATER) :
when you three get to the lip of the crater, you see a sight that utterly horrifies you...You see, for lack of better words,a small Mountain of moving, undulating Flesh.Multiple arms, legs, torsos, hair,anything that makes up a physical body can just be made out. Whatever Andy's flash of light did must have done something 'cause about three-four whole bodies are just at the edge of this...Mass are the only one's unharmed. You can also see jutting out of the top like the Crown on Royalty, a nearly Destroyed Half-Water heater with the initials I.N.C. on the side. The truly terrifying part in all this? You can see the mouths on it moving as it's apparently trying to speak...."Ew era tahw? Ew era ohw?"
Last edited by MacynSnow on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.