DEAD Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Ch 1b: Blood in the Streets

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Ch 1: A Friend in Need

Post by Vivid »

Lady Marigold Albrect
HP: 8 | AC 16 (Mage Armor) | PP 10, Darkvision 120' | Inspiration ?

"Seneschal Herbert is much improved. House Amcathra has always had good relations with their cousin House Albrect and he's finding the best of care after the ordeal." she says smoothly.
jmucchiello wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:21 am "Marco, how have you not told me you met a lovely Lady on the road? Were you worried I might be jealous?" Delphne says with a wink.

She looks between the two after the slightly built woman speaks wondering if there is indeed something between she and Marco or if the jealousy was feigned.
Insight: 1D20+0 = [15]+0 = 15
can she tell *what* their relationship is?
She was just acknowledging the acolyte's preferred name of 'Autumn' when the trouble was pointed out.
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:07 am "Looks like somethin's up o'er there. See, nex' table after the nex' one here? It don' quite match the same kinda whatcha call it? Like...when yer pa stubs his toe and bounces about yellin', compared ta a highwayman on the road demandin' yer coin or yer life. That seems more like the highwayman o'er there."
"Do you mean... *gen'esay'qua*?" she pronounces an elegant-sounding Elven word that translates as 'energy'

Lady Albrect looks over with curiously but not with alarm as the thug was named.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Lady Albrect thinks Delphne is a flirt. There's no relationship "like that".)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Marigold Albrect

Marisa makes mental note of the flirtatious nature of the elf.

"Any danger?" she asks idly.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

From deeper in the ' Portal, there is a yelp of fear and pain, the voice that of that weasel Eddie Mocker, "No! No! Your purse fell to the ground and I was just replacing it for you, honest to all the gods, honest!" A delicate woman's hand holding the thieving behind his back in a painful looking chicken wing.

Eddie takes a moment, looking back, his face twisting in a rictus of pain, going white as a ghost, absolute terror written in his features.

No, over at the table in question...

A massive shoulder is turned to you, thick as a wall and rippling with muscle. It leads up to a strong but rather lovely cheek, the point of a tusk pointing out, Yagra. Across from her are five men all dressed in dark leathers.

If the shriek from Eddie is not enough distraction, there is a sharp bellow, as one of the thugs leaps up from his chair, lunging across the table towards Yarga with a sharp bellow and a raised fist, "Ya pig! Like killin' me mates, does ya!?", spittle flying from his lips. The bald man's human features covered in the most odd looking tattoos, eyes, easily a dozen of them, staring out at the world around him.

The wild punch comes swinging, and there is a moment when Yagra's head snaps back, before the sight is lost in the crowd.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:57 am From deeper in the ' Portal, there is a yelp of fear and pain, the voice that of that weasel Eddie Mocker, "No! No! Your purse fell to the ground and I was just replacing it for you, honest to all the gods, honest!" A delicate woman's hand holding the thieving behind his back in a painful looking chicken wing.

Eddie takes a moment, looking back, his face twisting in a rictus of pain, going white as a ghost, absolute terror written in his features.

No, over at the table in question...

A massive shoulder is turned to you, thick as a wall and rippling with muscle. It leads up to a strong but rather lovely cheek, the point of a tusk pointing out, Yagra. Across from her are five men all dressed in dark leathers.

If the shriek from Eddie is not enough distraction, there is a sharp bellow, as one of the thugs leaps up from his chair, lunging across the table towards Yarga with a sharp bellow and a raised fist, "Ya pig! Like killin' me mates, does ya!?", spittle flying from his lips. The bald man's human features covered in the most odd looking tattoos, eyes, easily a dozen of them, staring out at the world around him.

The wild punch comes swinging, and there is a moment when Yagra's head snaps back, before the sight is lost in the crowd.
Marco Brennakovic
HIT POINTS=12 ARMOR CLASS=17(Chain Mail+Large Shield) Passive Perception=14

i spring outta my chair the second i see the blow miss, saying as i do so...
"Autumn keep Edelfrau Marigold as safe as you can in this bar schlägerei; Delphne you and i are gonna try to even the field for the Frau. Don't draw blade unless they do it first..."
I immediately pulled my Shield in front of me as move to the side of Yagra, saying as i do to the tattooed one and his allies ...
"Listen to me VERY carefully you Betrunkene dummkopf, if you don't stop RIGHT NOW, i'm going to feed you your teeth as well as every one of your "mates"...."

let's get this party started shall we?....
INITIATIVE CHECK:5(6-1=5) such a WONDERFUL start.... :P
INTIMIDATION CHECK:19(14 +5) at least i'm getting somewhere... :)
I'm gonna hold off attacking anyone untill the try to swing at Yagra, then i'll immediately use my reaction to use my Protection Fighting Style and impose disadvantage on the attack aimed at her or any of my other allies within 5 feet of me that i can see.

I'm also gonna start putting a German to English translation down here, just so i'm not losing anybody....:D
Edelfrau=Noblewoman
Schlägerei=Brawl
Frau=Woman
Betrunkene dummkopf=Drunken Idiot
Last edited by MacynSnow on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Marigold Albrect

Lady Albrect was already in motion. "You'll not need to worry about me." the Lady assures, "Help your friends."

She was already looking for a booth out of the way of the main floor to Move to and possibly to conceal herself within.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Autumn Dämmerung
HP: 9/9 | AC: 18 | Darkvision: 300ft
Passive Perception/Insight: 15
Initiative: 9

Autumn nods to Marigold and moves to follow Marco and Del to the kerfuffle, in case she could be of assistance, adjusting her shield onto her arm, its stars brilliantly displaying the holy symbol of Celestian and declaring herself as a cleric, though her hammer remains slung in place, leaving her hand free.

"I think what my friend here is sayin' is there mus' be a more rash-null way to talk this out. Ain't noone needs ta get hurt."
Rolling init with advantage due to Vigilant Blessing that Spectrum okayed Autumn having active on herself.

Initiative: 2D20 = [4, 9]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Delphne Brookesbed
HP: 10/10, AC: 15, Darkvision: 60 ft.

Delphne shakes her head. Why are they butting in? She slips to the side of the crowd so she can get on the other side of the drunks.

Initiative: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7
(OOC: Macyn: name is Delphne, not delphen)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

(ooc:corrected, thanks bruv! :D)
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

17 Lady Marigold
9 Autumn
7 Delphne
5 Marco

At the sound of flesh smashing against flesh, the sound of wet meat slapping against the ground, the rest of the crowd rises, starting to roar at the sudden change in the flow of the evening.

Marco roars out, ""Listen to me VERY carefully you Betrunkene dummkopf, if you don't stop RIGHT NOW, i'm going to feed you your teeth as well as every one of your "mates"...." making several turn to look back at him, suddenly startled by the lion among their midst.

Autumn stepping forth in glory, her holy symbol bright in the dim room. "I think what my friend here is sayin' is there mus' be a more rash-null way to talk this out. Ain't noone needs ta get hurt."

Still, with the crowd, it shall take some time to work their way through (arrive in two turns), unless they get creative.

Lady Marigold steps back, struggling against the crowds, as she seeks a small spot for cover and protection. Bonnie peeks up, having quite the same idea, her cheeks approaching the shade of her ginger cheeks. A quick look to the left, and then to the right, offering one of the mugs she was in the process of delivering to the Lady with a smile and a wink. "Ale?"

Delphne also steps back, working her way around the crowd and towards flanking the suddenly rowdy party. This puts her closer towards the chasm. While not immediately dangerous, it will be become treacherous if she was to be backed towards it. She also gets a rather different view of the thugs, seeing their backs, with them not apparently thinking to peek back behind them, so focused on crowding into the brawl before them.

Yagra lets out a booming grunt, a smirk not just seen upon her face, but in her growly voice. Her hand wiping across her lips, brushing away a slight sheen of blood. "Gonna have to do better than that!" Another meaty THWACK comes forth, and a sound familiar, the sound of crunching bone.
Lady Marigold, you're up. Autumn, you're on deck.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Lady Marigold Albrect

Lady Marigold will take the proffered mug curiously and look in it to determine its contents. "Do you have a good way out of this mess?" she asks the serving woman. She'll move as indicated if the woman has a suggestion.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Autumn Dämmerung
HP: 9/9 | AC: 18 | Darkvision: 300ft
Passive Perception/Insight: 15
Initiative: 9

Autumn holds out her free hand, her eyes glowing with divine magic as she casts a spell, causing motes of dim purplish light to convalesce near the bawling group in the form of Marco, syncing the mouth movements to Marco speaking. It's not perfect since she's basically making it lip sync, but she hopes it might give them some pause, or at least a face to punch that won't be hurt by it.
Silent Image. DC 13
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Delphne Brookesbed
HP: 10/10, AC: 15, Darkvision: 60 ft.

Delphne looks around to see if anyone else is up to anything unusual.

Perception check: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Marco Brennakovic
HIT POINTS=12 ARMOR CLASS=17 (Chain Mail+Large Shield) Passive Perception/Insight=13 Initiative= 5

"When your a kind, you think you are Nichtzustoppen, that once you set your mind to something, the Gods on high move out of the way for you. We unfortunately grow up and realize that's a lie and we loose that innocence to Herr Time's Cruel laughter. Seeing that i would have to force myself through this crowd if i wished to aid Frau Yagra, i called upon what little youthful innocence i had left and decided to play "The Floor is Fire"..."
i'm gonna try something stupid here and play "the floor is lava". I'm jumping on anything i can get my feet on to try to get to her faster...
Athletics check: 1d20+4=24 NAT 20 BABY!! :D

TRANSLATIONS:
Kind= child, Nitchtzustoppen=Unstoppable, Herr=Sir, Frau=Miss
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Bonnie

Bonnie peeks down into the drink, back up, "Don't worry, its fresh. I was taking it out to a table, not back!"

She glances back towards the bar, "Umm, yes, maybe, well.. usually this type of thing doesn't take very long to well, Yagra has a way of handling things. And if not her, then well..if you really need to leave, we can find a way. If you want that is?" and with that, she takes a deep draught at her own mug.