For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Sight gains Microscopic Vision 2, analytical
Scent gains acute, analytical

"Blood and chemical analysis is something we can do." Trent admits, then raises his voice. "But Wissen is the only one of us actually trained for Investigation. My crew will do our best, but it wasn't part of our duties as representatives of the Coalition." he says loudly enough to remind the synth.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Praxis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:51 am "Blood and chemical analysis is something we can do." Trent admits, then raises his voice. "But Wissen is the only one of us actually trained for Investigation. My crew will do our best, but it wasn't part of our duties as representatives of the Coalition." he says loudly enough to remind the synth.
Wissen(Taxaud)
HP-0 CND-Fine MODE-Law

"Please call me Wissen, Miss Najobe. Untill i can pin him down to do a proper scan, i'm...uncertain of my Relation to Taxaud." the young uplifted will tell the Hesperian Warrior. Just as he reaches the stairs, he'll stop and look back at the Praxis
"How are you & your crew at Litigation, Captain Trent? We'd need to keep out investigations separate so as to avoid possible cries of Collusion..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis

"We're all outsiders here, Wissen. If you're looking for us to take two or more sides of a litigious legal rite please understand there's a low chance the Hesperians will regard us as anything but collaborators with each other." Trent says, "And even less of a chance they'll accept you as Judge, if that's what you're looking for."

"They *would* accept the hospital Director and for us to have the best chance of convincing him we should all work together."
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Definitely hasn't killed anybody

Yenova clears her throat. "Speaking of the hospital, your other friend is there? Nereus? If that helps at all." She falls quiet again. She's been quiet ever since the news that the most important people in the country were murdered. She doesn't know anything else useful, but she knows for a fact that this is a bad time to be an outsider.
Davies

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:50 am Yenova clears her throat. "Speaking of the hospital, your other friend is there? Nereus? If that helps at all."
That provokes an immediate response from Sharana; her head whips around to stare at you. "What?" she says sharply.

"... yes," says Trouble, looking back (and giving Yenova an annoyed look.) "I was ... hesitating to bring it up because I knew you'd want to go see him ---"

"Of course I do!"

"-- and they wouldn't let me see him, either, and we need to focus on this current situation," Trouble continues patiently.

Sharana looks irritated at this, but chooses not to argue with that thesis.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Pok' had already turned and started to follow Wissen up to the library, for his protection, when Trouble suggested otherwise. She hesitated briefly- he was her teammate, and thus her responsibility, after all. But if Trouble was going with him, Pok' might need to help out down here.

She simply stopped for a moment, then slowly turned and moved to stand closest to the door they had enetered through- if hostiles were determined to get this far- she wanted to greet them properly...

>OOC: Checking in
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Praxis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:19 am "We're all outsiders here, Wissen. If you're looking for us to take two or more sides of a litigious legal rite please understand there's a low chance the Hesperians will regard us as anything but collaborators with each other." Trent says, "And even less of a chance they'll accept you as Judge, if that's what you're looking for."

"They *would* accept the hospital Director and for us to have the best chance of convincing him we should all work together."
Wissen(Taxaud)
HP-0 CND-Fine MODE-PROFILER

"You raise valid points, Captain Trent." Wissen concedes reluctantly. Turning to Sharana, the Young Uplifted will say
"He is correct that i've been...Programmed as a Medical Profiler and Investigatior, so would be the best trained to figure out WHY it was done, if not WHO. would you Please be so kind as to take me to where the Bodies are Lady Sharana?"
To Najobe, he'll say quietly(trying to be sympathetic to her religious beliefs)
"You don't have to come with us to see the bodies, Miss Najobe. If it would be too much for you, you can stay here and keep an eye out..."
OOC: Alright, Switching Modes to Profiler ....
"UPLIFTED PROFILER": 14 points
"Profiler":Skill Mastery(Treatment, Investigation)--Enhanced Skills(Insight 5, Perception 3, Treatment 2), Insight 4(+8)
Davies

Post by Davies »

Wissen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:18 am "He is correct that i've been...Programmed as a Medical Profiler and Investigatior, so would be the best trained to figure out WHY it was done, if not WHO. would you Please be so kind as to take me to where the Bodies are Lady Sharana?"
"Of course," she says, nodding firmly. "This way." With that, she heads up the set of stairs on the opposite side of the hall from where you were about to climb up, walking at a pace that you can easily match.

"In that case, I think I'll stay here and guard the exits," says Trouble, coming down from those stairs.
Wissen wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:18 am "You don't have to come with us to see the bodies, Miss Najobe. If it would be too much for you, you can stay here and keep an eye out..."
"It wouldn't, but I appreciate your consideration, Mr. Wissen," she replies in the same low tone, nodding politely as she remains behind.

Once you get up to the upper level, Sharana heads over to a door at the back of the seating area. "This was the first victim that I discovered -- Raisa, one of my mentors," she explains. She opens the door and steps back so that you can look in.

The room beyond the door is a sort of lounge, with a pair of divans on either side and a window on the far wall, along with a bust of a woman you don't recognize. The body is lying face up on the floor, an elderly-looking woman with a knife shoved in her stomach. Her eyes are closed. There's dried blood on the floor beneath her.

"I didn't touch the knife's hilt," Sharana says, looking away from the scene she's already witnessed. "I handled her upper chest, and her face. Her eyes, in particular. I closed them."
DC 15 Investigation check; if you get DC 20, add +2 to the next DC 15 Investigation check, which gives you the following.
Spoiler
Cause of death is exsanguination after sharp force trauma to the stomach, with the liver temperature putting the time of death about six hours ago. Blood spatter is consistent with her having been stabbed here. The attack would seem to have been very sudden, for there isn't any trace of defensive wounds under the victim's finger nails. There are no fingerprints on the knife hilt, but you can find Sharana's on the parts of the body that she mentioned.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

WISSEN (TAXAUD)
HP-0 CND-Fine MODE-Profiller

Sliding on a Pair of Gloves & Boot/Shoe covers(offering Sharana the same as he does), Wissen will head into the room. Nealing by the Body, he'll give a list of her injuries
"Victim is one Oracle Raisa, an elderly Hesperian Woman, killed an estimated Six hours ago, estimated age to be around 300 or more(considering how slow the aging process is, wouldn't be suprised if it was older);Cause of Death is Exsanguination post Sharp Force trauma to the stomach. Was killed quite suddenly, given the lack of Defensive Wounds or material under her nails.Only fingerprints found on body belong to Lady Sharana and is consistent with her finding & checking on the body herself...."
OOC:Alright, here's my numbers to back this up...
First Investigation check:10+10=20--just made it for the +2! :)
Second investigation check:12+12=24-- That's a pretty good number right there! :D
If it's cool, i'm going to roll an Insight check on the killer's mindset at the time(kinda what they do on Criminal Minds)...
Insight check:12+13=25--i'll hopefully be doing this at every murder sight, to figure out if it was just One person or more...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis

Praxis analyzes the blood on the ground and the scents in the room and compares it to other scents it has on file (from the daughter's house and Talante's place) and the blood scans from the queen's hands. He also tries to analyze the wound and construct a model of what stabbing implement was used.
investigation: 1d20+4 19
Davies

Post by Davies »

Wissen wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:43 am "Victim is one Oracle Raisa, an elderly Hesperian Woman, killed an estimated Six hours ago, estimated age to be around 300 or more(considering how slow the aging process is, wouldn't be suprised if it was older);Cause of Death is Exsanguination post Sharp Force trauma to the stomach. Was killed quite suddenly, given the lack of Defensive Wounds or material under her nails.Only fingerprints found on body belong to Lady Sharana and is consistent with her finding & checking on the body herself...."
"Yes, she was older than that," Sharana says heavily. "She told me once that she was born around 1670."
Results of Wissen's Insight check:
Spoiler
The attack is very quick, and clean. The attacker doesn't seem to have had any emotional investment in this particular victim. There's no sign of any hesitation. The killer has done this before -- not in the sense that this wasn't the first victim on this occasion, but rather that there've been other occasions like this.
Result of the Praxis' Investigation check:
Spoiler
The weapon seems to be a relatively short bladed weapon. The wound itself is only about as deep as it is wide (5 cm [2 inches] in both cases) with a tapered point. That's similar to the profiles of the various swords you've seen the Hesperans using.
Pok', Yenova:
I'm assuming you two don't traipse upstairs to involve yourself in the investigation.
After Wissen, Sharana and the Praxis move up and out of sight, Trouble waits a moment, before turning to look at Yenova. "Would it be all right if we had a little talk?" she asks.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis

While examining multiple wounds, Praxis will build a profile for the weapon, for how it might have gotten a nick from bone or worn down in particular ways from successive strikes. Being able to scan at a cellular level should help. All of it would be for naught if the murderer uses a whetstone to hone their blade but it might be useful.

The Praxis also builds scent libraries of those that have visited the crime scenes. Many races use scent rather than vision as their primary sense and the Praxis had an amalgam of all that knowledge.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

WISSEN(TAXAUD)
HP-0 CND-Fine MODE-PROFILER

As he continued to scan the Body, the Young Science & Medical Officer will state his finding's for the other's in the room
"Thank you for telling me Lady Sharana. If we didn't require you to show us where the other bodies are, i would spare you this..."

as he get's up from his kneeling position, Wissen'll start to show what his purpose was on the Uplifted Frigate he was found on, his voice slowly losing the "British Officer" accent(which sounded an awefull lot like a young Peter Cushing)
"Our Killer has done this all before. There's an Economy of motion here, from the blade going in to the exsanguination.No emotional context whatsoever with this, as it was just a another Job to them. I'm willing to wager, Captain Trent, that whatever Blade that their currently using will only be used for This job, then abandoned. Our Killer was no dought hired out, like our 'Ally' Zloba was...."

Turning to Sharana, the Young Uplifted will say
"i need to see where the next body is please, as soon as the Praxis is done with their Scan's ..."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Wissen wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:35 am "Our Killer has done this all before. There's an Economy of motion here, from the blade going in to the exsanguination.No emotional context whatsoever with this, as it was just a another Job to them. I'm willing to wager, Captain Trent, that whatever Blade that their currently using will only be used for This job, then abandoned. Our Killer was no dought hired out, like our 'Ally' Zloba was...."
Sharana doesn't really react much to your earlier remarks, but this gets her attention. "If so, that suggests two possibilities, neither appealing," she says quietly. "Either there's an outsider professional assassin hiding somewhere in Hespera, or one of our people has developed the habits of a professional assassin." Her eyebrows quirk in mild surprise at the mention of Zloba, but she doesn't ask any questions.
Wissen wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:35 am "i need to see where the next body is please, as soon as the Praxis is done with their Scan's ..."
To this, she simply nods, while waiting for the Praxis to conclude its scans.

Praxis: Unfortunately, your sensors can't discern any scents that this location has uniquely in common with either of those two locations. There are similar scents between all three, but nothing that excludes one of them.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Talking
Davies wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:02 am After Wissen, Sharana and the Praxis move up and out of sight, Trouble waits a moment, before turning to look at Yenova. "Would it be all right if we had a little talk?" she asks.
Yenova looks at Pok' for a second and then back to Trouble. She stands up a little straighter. "Uh, yes ma'am," she says. She's a little surprised.