[IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MacynSnow

Re: [IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:24 am Wissen: Najobe takes the blaster with an uncertain expression. <I have never used a weapon like this,> she sends in a warning tone. <I do not know how well I can use it.>
Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-1 Bruise INITIATIVE #--22 MODE-Transportation

"if i bring the Information to the front of my thought's, could you read it and use it then?" the young scientist think's to their Guild/Ally.
From what little he understood of Psionic Gifts, it might be possible...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Wissen wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:47 am "if i bring the Information to the front of my thought's, could you read it and use it then?" the young scientist think's to their Guild/Ally.
She shakes her head. <That's not quite how that works. I would have to look into your memories, and I am not a very talented mind-reader. And -- I do not mean offense, but your mind is more strange to me than even the Breaker's is.> She glances at Trouble to indicate who she means when communicating about 'the Breaker'. <Still, I will do what I can with this. Be ready, though, there are at least another four Gorgons in the streets on the other side of this building.>
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Najobe wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:03 am She shakes her head. <That's not quite how that works. I would have to look into your memories, and I am not a very talented mind-reader. And -- I do not mean offense, but your mind is more strange to me than even the Breaker's is.> She glances at Trouble to indicate who she means when communicating about 'the Breaker'. <Still, I will do what I can with this. Be ready, though, there are at least another four Gorgons in the streets on the other side of this building.>
Wissen(Taxaud?)
HP-0 CND-1 Bruise INITIATIVE#--22 MODE-Transportation

"No offense taken i assure you and i'm certain you'll do your best. If it helps, think of it like a short but still Deadly Crossbow....We'll need to distract them long enough to get everyone across. Trouble, just how fast are you in that Mode? I'm thinking Speed might be our best chance here..."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Trouble transmits, At my fastest pace, I can cross the length of your bridge in less than a second, but I cannot carry more than two of you at a time and at least one of them will be exposed to enemy fire if I do. If I carry one at a time, they will have cover from the bridge. I also cannot carry Pok', our combined weight will break the bridge.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Vision gains Detect Radiation, Detect Health Status, Detect Temporal Energy, Analytical,
Danger Sense

Captain Trent read over the Scan reports with a frown. He wasn't exactly hoping the displaced leader had any health issues or that the temporal displacements left any lasting issues, but he would not have been surprised by any.
He'd even idly wondered if modern pathogens on this planet would be more virulent to her system but the Hesperans seemed too robust for that.
"Rendezvous with the others." he commands.

Praxis heads out the window to rejoin the others, decloaking to take up Pok in the Beams and shuttling her across the distance.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Trouble wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:07 am Trouble transmits, At my fastest pace, I can cross the length of your bridge in less than a second, but I cannot carry more than two of you at a time and at least one of them will be exposed to enemy fire if I do. If I carry one at a time, they will have cover from the bridge. I also cannot carry Pok', our combined weight will break the bridge.
Wissen(Taxaud?)
"One at a time it is then. Captain Trent, we'll need the Praxis up here to continue toward's Hospital....ah, here you are. Whenever your ready to continue Trouble. Start with Miss Najobe first, then Yenova, Myself. Praxis & Pok' will go last with the rest of us covering. Agreed?" the young Adventurous Scientist transmitted along channels.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Curious

Yenova raises her hand and looks at the Praxis. "Um, I have a question?" she says. "Can you turn invisible and fly around like that whenever you want? Because I was thinking, maybe you could just fly straight to the hospital and see if there's anything there at all. It seems like it'd be a lot simpler, you know?"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Yenova wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:24 pm "Um, I have a question?" she says. "Can you turn invisible and fly around like that whenever you want? Because I was thinking, maybe you could just fly straight to the hospital and see if there's anything there at all. It seems like it'd be a lot simpler, you know?"
Everyone who has been trying to keep very quiet to avoid disturbing the rather frightening person sleeping in the room below your feet stares at Yenova in stunned silence. You hear the sound of something rising to their feet and stomping in the direction of this building's roof access.
Yenova gets a "Did Not Really Think That Through" Hero Point.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

WISSEN(TAXAUD?)
HP-0 CND-1 Bruise MODE-Transport

Anyone with a link up to Wissen will catch him Cuss in his native tongue of Senshai(which is basically Binary, so only Trouble could understand it) and Causality then say's(still through the link)
"So much for a Stealthy escape....Trouble, forget permission just grab both Najobe & Yenova and go, we're right behind you...."
He'll draw his Blaster and bolt for the Bridge...
OOC: double move to the bridge but he won't untill Pok' does....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

She looked once at the door (or hatch or whatever) that led out on to the roof, as if she were thinking of moving that way- but after a moment she moved towards the edge of the roof and the bridge. She did not look reproachfully at Yenova- the way their day was going, something had been bound to happen to throw things off...

>OOC: Did we get 2 rounds of down-time while Praxis was scouting, for her Regeneration to work, or is she still Bruised?
Davies

Post by Davies »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:32 pm >OOC: Did we get 2 rounds of down-time while Praxis was scouting, for her Regeneration to work, or is she still Bruised?
Pok' has recovered.
Again, Trouble doesn't waste time nodding, but grabs hold of both Yenova and Najobe and then dashes across the bridge. Yenova can tell that Najobe is less than thrilled to be moving this fast, but holding in any exclamations of discomfort.

The Gorgons on the street below take shots at Trouble as she crosses, and one of them manages to gouge a wound in her shoulder despite the cover that the bridge provides. She doesn't visibly react to the injury. On the other side, Najobe takes a shooter's position and fires a shot from the blaster down at one of the Gorgons -- probably coincidentally, the one who shot Trouble. Unfortunately, her target's armor soaks up the blaster bolt rather nicely.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 2!
CND: Portable

"Wow, her ears are really goooooooooooooooood!"

Yenova is only mildly surprised when Trouble carries her across the bridge. She's quickly getting used to it.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Vision gains Detect Radiation, Detect Health Status, Detect Temporal Energy, Analytical,
Danger Sense

There's a stunned moment as everyone on the bridge looks at the screen as the PA system broadcasts external audio feed. Yenova's words haven't even finished echoing before Trent is standing to address Command. "Helm to full, All power to Tractor Beams, Establish lock and let's go! Steady on, crew!"

Continuing with Tractor Beaming Pok and moving across the bridge, moving beam to let Pok benefit from bridge cover while Praxis orients to present smaller target to ranged attackers. [Prone].
"Something pithy this way comes."
Davies

Post by Davies »

With the shooters below preoccupied by reloading their weapons, they are unable to take any shots at Wissen, the Praxis or Pok', though they can and do shout abuse at them. Barely a moment after the lot of you have crossed the bridge, the roof access on the building you just left pops up and Talante's head pops out. She looks around for a moment before realizing that whoever made the noise has left the roof, and lets out a roar of, "BE QUIET, DAMMIT, I'M TRYING TO SLEEP, HERE!"

Then, without making even the slightest attempt at pursuit, she drops out of sight and lets the roof access close behind her.

"I think I begin to dislike that person," says Trouble, rubbing the cut on her shoulder.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 2
CND: Contrite

"Sorry," Yenova whispers. "Sorry. But seriously, it's not just me, right? Her hearing is, like, weirdly good." She looks around for confirmation.