For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: [IC] Screaming Metal Vagabonds: Chapter 1 -- The Cool Green Hills of Earth

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 2
CND: Doing something completely stupid

"Um... hi."

Yenova is standing behind the Gorgons, about twenty feet back. She smiles and waves sheepishly. She's obviously not a native of the island, but she's unarmed, and surely no danger. "I think I'm lost. Can one of you tell me where I am?"
OOC: Initiative: 1d20+9 29
Deception: 1d20+10 17
What the heck, I'll use one of my hero points on this.
Deception + hero point: 1d20+10 13 So that's a 23! This will go horribly, I already know.
Davies

Post by Davies »

The leading soldier stops her attack to whirl around to look at you. "What?" she gasps. "Where did you come from?"

The attention of everyone else in the hostile party is also now focused on Yenova. The doctor has quickly stepped back from his earlier position, so that even if the commander does turn to attack him again, she won't find him quite so easy a target. However, he has (somewhat annoyingly) not retreated all the way to the safety of the building, and is also regarding Yenova with a fair amount of surprise.

"Oh no," he mutters. "More of them."
The doctor:
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
HP:1|CND: Fine
Scanners: Hearing Gains Extended 3, Vision gains Detect Health Status, Analytical,

init: 1d20+4 10

The Praxis was not in a position to intervene but would Hyperjump to the open doorway when possible.

"Do not be alarmed, Doctor. We're here to help." Trent would whisper.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

By the time Pok' glanced around, Yenova had already reappeared down near the Gorgons. Pok' glanced over the edge of the roof, looking down on the scene, trying to gauge the distance...

>OOC: Initiative 1d20+2= 13, roll https://orokos.com/roll/885977
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Lost
Davies wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:06 am The leading soldier stops her attack to whirl around to look at you. "What?" she gasps. "Where did you come from?"
"That is a really good question!" Yenova thinks back to what Zloba said. "I was just minding my own business, when suddenly there was a... dimensional, timey, spacey thing? And suddenly I was here! Well, actually I was back there." Yenova points down another street. "Um, would it help if I showed you where I came from?"
Davies

Post by Davies »

Yenova wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:54 am "That is a really good question!" Yenova thinks back to what Zloba said. "I was just minding my own business, when suddenly there was a... dimensional, timey, spacey thing? And suddenly I was here! Well, actually I was back there." Yenova points down another street. "Um, would it help if I showed you where I came from?"
"Kill the intr--" one of the Hesperans starts to roar.

"Halt!" snaps the leader, keeping her eyes firmly fixed on Yenova. (The soldiers obligingly halt in mid-hostile gesture.) "You traveled here through time? Are you an ally of Queen Atalante's, then?" She sounds skeptical, but isn't completely dismissing the notion.
The Praxis wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:33 am "Do not be alarmed, Doctor. We're here to help." Trent would whisper.
He glances back in your direction, stares a moment, then shakes his head. "Oh, the day gets better and better," he mutters.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

WISSEN (TAXAUD?)
HP-0 CND-Fine MODE- Combat Mode(non-Heavy)

Forming his "Duelist" Armor & Sabre, Wissen'll say
"Quickly, while Yenova has their attention. We need to get over there."
OOC: guess i'll roll initiative and hope for the best....
Initiative roll:12+5=17--Hey, i got a good number! :shock:
I'll switch Wissen to Non-Heavy Combat Mode(Protection 2, Enhanced Str 3, Enhanced Fgt 2, Close Attack 3) for now, in case we gotta fight 'em off and he'll head that way AFAP....
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Pok'

Pok' plodded along behind Wissen and the others, taking care to make her movements slow and unthreatening (or as unthreatening as possible, given her appearance). Once they had arrived in front of the hospital, she simply stood in place- she knew her own conversational ability was unlikely to add anything to the situation- and if the Gorgons thought of her as some sort of golem or construct, well, so much the better.

Even so, she was ready if things turned hostile...
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Yenova
HP: 1
CND: Hamming it up
Davies wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:43 am "Kill the intr--" one of the Hesperans starts to roar.

"Halt!" snaps the leader, keeping her eyes firmly fixed on Yenova. (The soldiers obligingly halt in mid-hostile gesture.) "You traveled here through time? Are you an ally of Queen Atalante's, then?" She sounds skeptical, but isn't completely dismissing the notion.
Yenova gasps, and she uses the moment this buys her to think back to what Najobe told her. "The queen is here? How? She disappeared hours ago! What is going on?!"

She stares at the leader, carefully not paying attention to the doctor who frustratingly refuses to run away.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis
Scanners: Hearing Gains Extended 3, Vision gains Detect Health Status, Analytical,

"Doctor, I do not think they will respect the sanctity of this healing institution. Perhaps you should withdraw and activate whatever defenses you have?" Trent suggests. "I'm Captain Trent, and the micro vessel before you is the Praxis. My companions, new members of an interstellar do-gooder organization known as the Last Men Standing, are on their way, we're visitors to your planet and working with Paragon and other Earth guardians. We have... a woman named Trouble with us that I understand has had dubious dealings with your community but I promise we're here to help.""
Davies

Post by Davies »

MacynSnow: Could you clarify about how you're getting down to the ground level, please?
Yenova wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:27 pm Yenova gasps, and she uses the moment this buys her to think back to what Najobe told her. "The queen is here? How? She disappeared hours ago! What is going on?!"

She stares at the leader, carefully not paying attention to the doctor who frustratingly refuses to run away.
"This should be dealt with first, I think," says the leader, lowering her cudgel.

"Are you insane?" snaps one of the soldiers with her. "Why would Atalante have a farang among her followers?"

"Plenty of us have farangi ancestors," the leader retorts. "If she's not lying, do you want to explain to Atalante that you hurt one of her friends from her own time?"

That thought clearly does not sit well with the objector -- these people do not hide their emotions very well -- but she's not giving up, either. "Why is Atalante called the Serpent-Souled?" she demands of you. "One of her followers from then should know this."
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:10 pm "Doctor, I do not think they will respect the sanctity of this healing institution. Perhaps you should withdraw and activate whatever defenses you have?" Trent suggests. "I'm Captain Trent, and the micro vessel before you is the Praxis. My companions, new members of an interstellar do-gooder organization known as the Last Men Standing, are on their way, we're visitors to your planet and working with Paragon and other Earth guardians. We have... a woman named Trouble with us that I understand has had dubious dealings with your community but I promise we're here to help.""
"We have no defenses, save for that sanctity," the director replies. "The Breaker is here, too. Of course she is." He shakes his head, but seeing that the attention of the soldiers is fully focused on Yenova, he starts slowly backing towards the door. "When you have the chance, you might tell her and your other comrades that the aquatic man, Nereus, is here. He was badly injured by the mines in the harbor, and we've been treating his injuries."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis

Trent took the news of lacking defenses in stride. "Then we will endeavor to protect this institution, Director Skeplos." he promises in hushed tones. "After though, we've three Gorgon-sister Hesperians injured in a glider crash secured on a roof near here. They'll need tending."

Captain Trent was monitoring the conversation outside with a grimness. No one he'd talked to knew the full story behind the 'Serpent-Soul' moniker. Not that they had a good way to communicate that to Yenova if they did know.

"Director, do you know the story of the title 'Sepent-Soul'?" Trent asks.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Praxis wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:35 pm "Director, do you know the story of the title 'Sepent-Soul'?" Trent asks.
He pauses at the doorway, frowning. "I think it has to do with the story of the serpent and the frog. The serpent asks the frog to carry him across the river, but bites him halfway across, since he can swim that distance. But it turns out that he misjudged the distance, and drowns before reaching the other side. The moral of the story is not to be too ruthless, lest it harm yourself. Supposedly, this was the story she told when starting the rebellion against the Damned Queen, and she wore the serpent emblem to remind herself of the moral."
The doctor has Expertise: History +6 and Eidetic Memory. With a routine check, he can make DC 21.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

OOC:forgot we were up on a roof....Brief change to Mech mode to get the other's down, then shrink it as i swap and head for the hospital.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The Praxis

Trent listens to the story intently.

"Maybe there is a way..." he says before issuing orders.

The Praxis hid in the shadows of the room but made its way to the entrance to get a line of projection.
Stealth: 1d20+8 26
Using holographic and audiostatic projectors a swirl of lights appeared around Yenova's head accompanied by a soft 'Shh....' sound. Both a warning to his companion and the sound of moving water.

The lights resolved to images of a river just above Yenova's head, upon the bank of which formed the images of a serpent and frog. The frog face expanded with a dubious look upon its countenance but the nearby snake showed its fangs were retracted. The frog nodded reluctantly and the two set off, swimming across the river with the snake upon the frog's back. As they neared the middle of the river the snake's face grew smug then its mouth opened and exposed fangs struck into the unsuspecting frog. The snake swam away from its dying prey to finish the distance, but the river was swift and the snake's movements became faltering until it finally sunk under the surface and succumbed to the current, tumbling one, then twice, then morphed into the armband symbol which expanded to be a blurred image of Talante herself much as she was when the Praxis encountered her earlier but more dream-like and idealized.

Trent just hoped it was enough. Many of the Hesperians had strange talents, he hoped they would assume thought manifestation was one of Yenova's.
Deception: 1d20+4 17
I just recently saw Chaos Walking, it gave me the idea.