[OOC]Fractured: Heroes of all times against the Darkness

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC]Fractured: Heroes of all times against the Darkness

Post by jmucchiello »

Crossbow really requires the crossbow expert feat so you can fire it multiple times in a round.

And yes, monks can throw a flurry of darts.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Flurry of Blows. Immediately after you take the Attack action on your turn, you can spend 1 ki point to make two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
I was pretty sure Flurry was only with unarmed attacks.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yeah, it is. But it makes no sense. You do the same damage with an unarmed strike as you do with a dart. In any case, we may have been a bit zealous. Here. One dart per actual attack.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Neo, do you want to weigh in on this?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I will when I have my books on hand, which will be tonight.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

It's an intresting question: I know in older editions a monk using a quarterstaff(or as Daffy Duck likes to call it "A Buck&A Quarter-Quarterstaff" :)) could use it with Flurry to increase their Range a bit more.
As a side note: at one point, THIS was possible in D&D......
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

1 & 3 tend to agree with each other up there.
Here's how i look at it: All Monk's are Proficient in Simple Weaponry & Shortswords(the Dart is a simple range weapon); they pick-up a second attack at lvl.5. Flurry of Blows let's you use the milisecond you use the Attack action, enabling a total of 4 attacks at lvl. 5(two normal, two unarmed). The Dedicated Weapon Option at Lvl 2(it'd replace Unarmored Movement) let's you turn a simple weapon your proficient in(that doesn't have Heavy or special properties) into a Monk weapon, enabling said Monk to use all ki abilities throught it, INCLUDING THE DART. it'd be up to Neo-Paladin(as he's GM), but if Vivid was willing to replace Unarmored Movement with Dedicated Weapon, she could conceivably do what we talked about earlier(Flurry of Blow with Darts). True it's a little Power Gamey, but would make a REALLY cool visual...
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Not my character.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:01 pm It's an intresting question: I know in older editions a monk using a quarterstaff(or as Daffy Duck likes to call it "A Buck&A Quarter-Quarterstaff" :)) could use it with Flurry to increase their Range a bit more.
The thing is, while Ennex is a Monk crunch-wise, she isn't one fluff-wise. So even if a quarterstaff increased her range, I wouldn't use it because it goes against her character concept, which is more important to me than optimization.
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:01 pm As a side note: at one point, THIS was possible in D&D......
Wait, you can't multiclass anymore in 5e? :o
MacynSnow wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:49 am 1 & 3 tend to agree with each other up there.
Here's how i look at it: All Monk's are Proficient in Simple Weaponry & Shortswords(the Dart is a simple range weapon); they pick-up a second attack at lvl.5. Flurry of Blows let's you use the milisecond you use the Attack action, enabling a total of 4 attacks at lvl. 5(two normal, two unarmed). The Dedicated Weapon Option at Lvl 2(it'd replace Unarmored Movement) let's you turn a simple weapon your proficient in(that doesn't have Heavy or special properties) into a Monk weapon, enabling said Monk to use all ki abilities throught it, INCLUDING THE DART. it'd be up to Neo-Paladin(as he's GM), but if Vivid was willing to replace Unarmored Movement with Dedicated Weapon, she could conceivably do what we talked about earlier(Flurry of Blow with Darts). True it's a little Power Gamey, but would make a REALLY cool visual...
Thanks for trying to help, but I wouldn't want to do that for the reason listed above.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I am with Macyn on that, if you replace Unarmored Movement, you could flurry with darts. If not, you can flurry only with unarmed strikes.
And yes, you can still multiclass in 5e.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 am I am with Macyn on that, if you replace Unarmored Movement, you could flurry with darts. If not, you can flurry only with unarmed strikes.
And yes, you can still multiclass in 5e.
Yeah, but it's SUCH a chore now that you have to have at least a 13 in One or two stats. And you barely get any befits out of it imho.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Not having a 13 in the desired stats makes adding that class kind of pointless anyway. The multiclass requirements are really just good advice. If you don't meet the requirement, you aren't getting everything out of the class.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I'm gonna wait to give everybody else a chance to post up. Don't want this to become a Western TV show....:lol:
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I am really happy about the pace so far.