Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

Post by jmucchiello »

Haru pulls the door open enough to slip inside. She gives a hand signal for the other to follow slowly as she slips inside and to the side trying to find a child away from the rest of them that she might say something to without being seen from the center of the room.

Stealth: 1D20+7 = [17]+7 = 24
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Once she is on the other side, she realizes that this isn't a cave exactly. The door is standing in the middle of a straw-bedecked path with no wall for it to be set in. There seem to be no other walls either, but the many lights, tents and the darkness do limit her vision.
Just then, a set of balloons made from a material she hasn't seen before and which are tied together in such a way as to vaguely resemble an elephant float by...
Apparently, reality is out to lunch at the moment.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:36 pm Once she is on the other side, she realizes that this isn't a cave exactly. The door is standing in the middle of a straw-bedecked path with no wall for it to be set in. There seem to be no other walls either, but the many lights, tents and the darkness do limit her vision.
Just then, a set of balloons made from a material she hasn't seen before and which are tied together in such a way as to vaguely resemble an elephant float by...
Apparently, reality is out to lunch at the moment.
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/0

Creeping in right behind Haru, jericho mutters as he looks around
"Well, look's like our Piper is instead trying to come off as a Rescuer. Hold on a tic, let me help ya see better...."
The Cowboy will reach into a small pouch on his belt and pull out(of all things) an Owl Feather. Asking his Fanc...Friend to hold still, he'll set the feather into her hair as he mutters the "Blessings of Mother Owl" and state afterward(as he taps a similar feather in his hat)
"There. You'll be able to see better in the Dark for at least awhile. Now, let's go find us a kidnapper..."
OOC: i'll cast two uses of Darvision on myself & Haru, so we should be able to see a lot better into those dark corners...:)
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd

Jig follows and her eyes go wide at the scene before her.

"So we're looking for a central or main tent?" she admits.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

There is a larger tent in the distance...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Hashiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

At first Haru finds the darkvision disconcerting because she can't be sure where the shadows to hide in are. "There's a large tent over there. Should I sneak around the side perhaps while you walk that way in the open? Someone must know we are here."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Haru wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:23 pm At first Haru finds the darkvision disconcerting because she can't be sure where the shadows to hide in are. "There's a large tent over there. Should I sneak around the side perhaps while you walk that way in the open? Someone must know we are here."
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39/39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/0 MOD-Darkvision

Realizing quickly that Haru was right, Jericho said to the group
"Good idea Haru! Take Jig with you so they think it's just me & Rikolf. That way if it IS our kidnapper, we can "Ambush the Ambusher"...Sound good to y'all?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I don't think Jig-san is very good at sneaking about," Haru says. "The point was that the sneaking team would not be seen."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

jmucchiello wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 pm "I don't think Jig-san is very good at sneaking about," Haru says. "The point was that the sneaking team would not be seen."
"in that case, i'll swap out with Jig." the Cowboy aminds.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet

"Yeah, I clank too much when I'm in my metal armor." Jig says apologetically. "Yell if you need us."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

It's pretty disconcerting how everyone seems to ignore the group that just stepped right into the middle of this strange carnival. The children pay you no heed as they run around or ride the attractions - all with wide smiles but those terribly empty stares.
But now you can also see a couple of larger figures. Garishly clothed, with overlarge shoes, bells and painted, red-nosed faces, they resemble jesters, albeit wildly exaggerated versions.
In modern terms - Clowns.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet

"I know these." Jig says with understanding and a touch of fear. "In my world some of the most ruined and haunted areas, ironically named amyoozment pahrks were populated by pictures of these white-faced demons." She says to their new companion.
Last edited by Vivid on Tue May 04, 2021 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Hashiji Haru
HP: 38/38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

"Then we need to know who summoned them and how to send them back where they came from," Haru says. "Head for the tent, We'll go around that way." She indicated Jericho as she slipped into the shadows.

Stealth: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet

Jig shrugs and, with the paladin, made their way to the big tent, not with any haste as people moving stealthy took longer to cover the same distance. She tried to pay attention to her surroundings and what magicks might be at work here.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jericho Cantrell
HP-39/39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 SPELL SLOTS-4/0 MOD-Darkvision

Resisting the urge to shoot the (frankly terrifying) things, he'll whisper a reply to Jig's comment
"I've half a mind to shoot the things anyway, but Haru's right: take out the Summoner, take out the demons. Spirits watch you both...."
Wishing Jig & Rikolf luck, he'll follow Haru, slinking as quiet as a shadow....
Stealth roll:9+6=15