Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Promise, Nevada, 1878

Promise is a young town but a booming the likes of which have rarely been seen since the Gold Rush days. And, much like any boomtown, it got rich incredibly fast. Only that this time, it is neither gold nor oil that makes Promise rich.
It's the portals. When the sky was torn and time was shredded, several large glowing portals opened up, leading to other times and places, from 200 years into the future to distant, mist-shrouded prehistory.
Add to that the findings of strange artifacts from the metal vessel, buried retroactively in the rock and found by miners and it's no surprise that Promise pulls in all manner of folks.

There is a significant presence of the military here and the Pinkerton detective agency has numerous agents in town as well, but that only goes so far in establishing order. In a place that draws adventurers like moths to a candle, lawlessness is a constant threat.
But that also means that fortune and glory are never far away.

And so, it is that you find yourselves there, sitting around a table at the " Three Blossoms", a saloon that has been built and operated by Sally Weston and her husband Tomaru Ryota, a man from Japan and, according to rumor, a masterless samurai.

It's a hot, dry day and there is a certain tension in the air that you can all sense.
MacynSnow

Re: Fractured: Heroes of All Time against the Darkness IC

Post by MacynSnow »

Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-13

If you'd gone back in time(which is a lot easier nowadays) and told him that "Someday you'll be sittin' in a Saloon with an Alien Catwoman, a Mad Scientist half your size and a Japanese Courtier." he'd call 'em a durn fool. But here he is, away from his brother's for a couple of years now and travelling along aside Jig's cart as she sell's her ware's.
Having been a Sheriff for a couple years before the Portals, Jericho could tell something was gonna happen and it was gonna be bad. He unlatched his guns as he said to the others
"Whatever's gonna happen, it's gonna be soon...."
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

x
Last edited by Spectrum on Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Ennex Wandi
HP-38 | AC-16 | Ki-5 | PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 | LANGUAGES: Galactic Standard, Greek, Arabic

"Good," replies the cat girl, lazily leaning back in her chair as she takes a swig of whiskey. "I've been itching for some action."

Ennex had joined the others for a job a couple of months ago, and kept tagging along ever since. Being a wandering mercenary could get quite lonesome, so she appreciated the company—especially since they knew how to handle themselves. Of course, her being a non-human certainly made their little group a bit less inconspicuous. Ennex herself didn't mind, of course.
Last edited by Loneclaw on Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

In all her years of portal-hopping, the one thing Haru could not get use to was the heat. So many of the portal locations were hot: Palestine, Mexico, Simbabwe, and her current location: Nevada. Nevada did have the benefit of the Three Blossoms. It was interesting how the owner combined common American themes with traditional Japanese esthetics. When she arrived she always made sure to greet Ryota-san and Sally-san. The first couple times, Ryota-san tried to greet her as Hidenka to which she begged him to forget about her rank. He still sometimes refers to her as Haru-sama and she has given up correcting him.

At the table were a few of her new friends. She was always fascinated by the bakeneko-like woman, though she seemed to feel her distant origin was no big deal. Haru was sure not to press Ennex-san too much for details of her homeworld.

Jericho-san reminded her of a cross between a samurai and a Buddist priest. She could see him in either role and also bristling at the confines of those roles. As much as she admonished Ryota-san his homeland-minded customs, it still sometimes shocks her when Jericho-san offers her a handshake.

And of course there was Jig-san. She at least made it so Haru was not the smallest member of the team. It is ironic that creates the amazing machines and yet the best items to trade of hygiene products.

"It is a lovely day, isn't it?" She said in trade common. "How have you been?"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
HP: 46/46 | AC:20 | Pass.Perc:14 | Spells; 2x1st, 2x2nd
Loneclaw wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:34 pm "Good," replies the cat girl, lazily leaning back in her chair as she takes a swig of whiskey. "I've been itching for some action."
"Are you sure it's not fleas? It could be fleas... I have an ointment against fleas." the young engineer offers without looking up from her delicate work.

Springs, wires, and filaments litter Jig's section of the table as the young woman uses a microfine tool, surprisingly deftly considering the metal gauntlet she wears. Her helmet plate is retracted to show disheveled stringy blond hair and her cheek bears a patch of grease from her tinkering on some earlier project. A pink tongue just barely peeks out from her lips as she concentrates on the final adjustments to the bauble on the table.

"There!" she says brightly shifting the magnifying monocle to the side from her eye. "You guys remember that sea we were at three portals back?" She presses a button (the *only* button, really) on the small metal disk she'd be working on and the sound of gentle rolling waves emanate from the contraption. It's not loud enough to drown out conversation or carry very far but the sound is pleasant and occasional cries of some sea bird are interspersed. It's a near perfect replication of the sea's sunset serenity.

"I thought it could drown out Blue's snoring when we're trying to sleep." Blue, her donkey, was a hard working animal, tirelessly pulling the young tinkerer's cart, but when he slept you could swear he was part dragon for the fierceness of his night noises and when he 'broke wind' it was like some pit to an unnamed hell opened up for a brief moment to unleash a fragrant torment on those nearby.

"Do you think they'll be ok in the stables?" she says, worrying about all their mounts (and her cart filled with odds and ends which also had their trade goods). She had already given Sally, their hostess, a two-gallon cask of Honey in exchange for room and board. The precious, and more importantly, shelf-stable confection would last the 'Blossom' a while, even in this heat, and Jig could power up her 'Liquid Replication Unit'[Alchemy Jug] tomorrow to start replenishing the group's stock. Jig certainly took for granted how miraculous her tinkering really was and quite a few portal towns owed their supplies of Honey, Wine, oil, and, oddly enough, Mayonnaise to the group's passing through.

Jig glanced up and at the doorway as if she could see through walls to the stable, biting her lower lip in apparent concern - a state not unusual for the post-apocalypse-raised girl.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-13

Giving Haru a welcoming smile, the Tennessee native replied
"pretty good Haraiji-chan, considering the 'Sword of Damacles' hanging over everythin'...."
Taking a sip of his Coffee(he refuses to drink liquor of any sort after what happened to Sunday when he was a fool kid), he assured Jig
"Don't worry,Blue & Dawnrider'll be perfectly fine in the stables. I paid the stablehand extra to make certain they take care of..."
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Ennex Wandi
HP-38 | AC-16 | Ki-5 | PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-15 | LANGUAGES: Galactic Standard, Greek, Arabic
Vivid wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:47 pm "Are you sure it's not fleas? It could be fleas... I have an ointment against fleas." the young engineer offers without looking up from her delicate work.
Ennex gives the young woman "The Look", before shaking her head and replying, "No, Jig. Trust me, it's not fleas."
Vivid wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:47 pm "There!" she says brightly shifting the magnifying monocle to the side from her eye. "You guys remember that sea we were at three portals back?" She presses a button (the *only* button, really) on the small metal disk she'd be working on and the sound of gentle rolling waves emanate from the contraption. It's not loud enough to drown out conversation or carry very far but the sound is pleasant and occasional cries of some sea bird are interspersed. It's a near perfect replication of the sea's sunset serenity.
"Pretty!" The cat girl exclaims as she leans forward to get a better look at the disc. She then smiles at Jig and says, "Your technological aptitude never cease to impress me, especially given your level of technology—err... no offense."
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:33 pm Taking a sip of his Coffee(he refuses to drink liquor of any sort after what happened to Sunday when he was a fool kid), he assured Jig
"Don't worry,Blue & Dawnrider'll be perfectly fine in the stables. I paid the stablehand extra to make certain they take care of..."
"And Johara too, I hope?" Ennex says with an arched eyebrow and a lopsided smile.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I have told you before, Jericho-san," Haru says. "Haru is my name. Hashiji is my family name. I would not call you Cantrell-san." She waves her hand dismissively. "Not that this is important in this time period. What is this sword you speak of?"
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
Loneclaw wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:25 pm "Your technological aptitude never cease to impress me, especially given your level of technology—err... no offense."[/i]
Jig just shrugs a steel-clad shoulder. "We'll get there... or not. I'm still thinking divergent technological development streams mean that some day even my world can be jamming in space with 'spells'." Jig says. "I'm just glad we found the right mix of homeostatic adaptic repair gel that your 'organic-adjacent' systems respond to." She directs her ritually-summoned 'unseen servant' to collect all the loose pieces into a pouch as she stores the wave-noise-generator away (clicking it off first). (Really the 'servant' was just a collection of ionized particles bound in a semi-coherent form by an electro-magnetic wave generator, but the locals, {well, non-cat locals} thought it was magic and Jig wasn't one to argue).

"Have you thought of another name or do you still like the designation 'NX-1D'?" she asks the catwoman glancing in the direction of the conversation between Haru and Jericho.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:30 pm "I have told you before, Jericho-san," Haru says. "Haru is my name. Hashiji is my family name. I would not call you Cantrell-san." She waves her hand dismissively. "Not that this is important in this time period. What is this sword you speak of?"
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-13 SPELL SLOTS-4/2/

"Mu apologies Haru-chan, used to names being the other way around..."
Finishing off his "Tennesse Breakfast"(Ham, Eggs, Sausage, Gravy, Buscits and Coffee or Orange Juice), he'll continue talking afterward
"'The Sword of Damocles' is a moral parable. Dionysius II was a tyrannical King.Though rich & powerful, he was completely unhappy.One day, a Courtier name of Damocles was flattering the King 'bout how blissful he must be. The King decided to give him a taste of what it was like, so he let Damocles be 'King for a Day' so he sat him on a Golden couch and had a host of Servants wait on him. At first Damocles was estactic, getting the best of everything.But finally noticed the King had hung a Razor-sharp sword from the ceiling right above the couch, suspended by Single horsehair. After he found out, Damocles couldn't enjoy any of it and begged King Dyonysius to let him leave, saying he didn't want to be so fortunate anymore."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Haraiji Haru
HP: 38, AC: 16; Passive Per/Ins: 18/17; Lang: Common, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Thieves Cant, English

"Yes, the times I spent in the governor's court were always tense as if he had to worry the entire province would collapse without him. Still, he had some joy. Perhaps the sword should be held aloft by three or four horse hairs."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Haru wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:32 am "Yes, the times I spent in the governor's court were always tense as if he had to worry the entire province would collapse without him. Still, he had some joy. Perhaps the sword should be held aloft by three or four horse hairs."
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-13 SPELL SLOTS-4/2

"Wel, let's see if we can't find that Sword then..." downing the rest of his Coffee, Jericho say's to the group
"Jig, you an Ennex set the Wagon up for Sellin' yer stuff and keep your eyes & ears open fer anything that stands out. Me & Haru'll start asking 'round about anything unusual going on...." He waits for the other's to say anything or change it around(he never considered himself anything like a leader, more along the lines of a "Suggester")
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Jig sheet
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:40 am "Jig, you an Ennex set the Wagon up for Sellin' yer stuff and keep your eyes & ears open fer anything that stands out. Me & Haru'll start asking 'round about anything unusual going on...."
"This Heat is a bit much for a public stall." Jig says frowning. "Did the Lamplighters send us here for anything specific?"
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Jig wrote:Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:57 am "This Heat is a bit much for a public stall." Jig says frowning. "Did the Lamplighters send us here for anything specific?"
Jericho Cantrell
HP-39 AC-16 PASSIVE PERC/INSIGHT-13 SPELL SLOTS-4/2

"one of the Seer's caught sight of Something or Someone Dark gathering Soul's & Power in the Area. Unfortunately, that's about as accurate as they got so we(as the nearest group) got the orders....and yer right, it's too hot fer that stall. So look's like we're all heading for the Sheriffs Office after i check with Sally & Ryota if they heard anythin'. I'll meet outside, so keep yer eyes peeled..."
Jericho will then head for the bar to talk to either Sally or Ryota(whichever is Serving)...
OOC:first roll of the game and it involves a stat i have a 10 in. I got a good feeling....
Investigation roll:8+6=14
That's a decent number, considering ....:)