[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Dodgson

Re: [OOC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Dodgson »

I want to try and keep the momentum going, probably going to move us on tomorrow.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

It was a little bumpy to that was our first combat! I know at least one person wants to juggle some stuff on their sheet around, so if that's you, now is the time to do it! How's the initiative working for everybody? I know there was some miscommunication with it, and I'm not completely married to it so if a majority would rather switch back to the OG initiative then I'm down for that.

Anything else?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

I'm good either way. Princess is fine build-wise as well. I just wasn't getting good rolls.

I meant to ask before, with Well Informed, should I (and Mason as he has the advantage as well) roll to get any info on who these guys were?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I might tweak Doll Girl but nothing major to change.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Happy with Fulgur!
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:38 pmI meant to ask before, with Well Informed, should I (and Mason as he has the advantage as well) roll to get any info on who these guys were?
You absolutely can! Though I will warn you that thsee particular adversaries have a pretty high DC attached to them, which is in no way indicative to how I normally run things, I kinda cribbed this adventure from elsewhere.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

A world related question - is there a super-prison sort of place where teleporting prisoners (and other super-powered individuals) are kept? Also, I guess, is there a SHIELD-type organisation that runs it that we would be aware of and could contact?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Remember when i said I couldn't as for much better than that 34 on attempting to persuade the lionman to stand down? Well...

Persuasion for Well Informed: 1D20+15 = [20]+15 = 35
I got better...
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Tony Jones wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:51 pmA world related question - is there a super-prison sort of place where teleporting prisoners (and other super-powered individuals) are kept? Also, I guess, is there a SHIELD-type organisation that runs it that we would be aware of and could contact?
There are a few big super-prisons scattered around the country, for Tomorrow specifically there's the Locker an offshore prison deep beneath the sea, and you know, nobody's ever asked me if we have a not!SHIELD before? How about...SABER, the Superhuman Administration BureauforExtranormal Response?
Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:46 pmRemember when i said I couldn't as for much better than that 34 on attempting to persuade the lionman to stand down? Well...

Persuasion for Well Informed: 1D20+15 = [20]+15 = 35
I got better...
Well I can't say really say no that!
Well Informed
The Lion-Men, or at least creatures that match their description, appear in the scattered stories of a handful of different peoples, including Musa. They appear out of the mist on flying ships, snatch people up and then vanish as quickly as they appeared. The odd part of it is though is that these appearances are spread out not only across the planet but stretch back over hundreds of years.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I'll post something with that info after work. Seems interesting. Nothing about this Chainmaker connected to them?
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Gunmetal_Rainbow wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:48 pm Nothing about this Chainmaker connected to them?
‘Fraid not, I promise there is a plot reason for that though.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

No worries. Just thought I'd ask before I posted
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Okay Tony, lets see an investigation roll and given how your Affliction is constructed you've got the floor with their weapons for at least the next minute, so if you want a Q&A with them now is the time!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

I also totally forgot to post. I'll try during my lunch today, if not, after work. I'll set a reminder even xD
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OK, so Investigation roll:

Fulgur Investigation roll on the Lion-Man: 1D20+20 = [19]+20 = 39 - that'll do!

In terms of their weapons, the most important thing is how are they activated and deactivated?
Then how are they powered, and have they got any kind of tracking devices in them?

Then I think she'll open the floor to the others in case they have any thoughts.