[OOC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Dodgson

Re: [OOC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Dodgson »

Tony Jones, you forgot to roll for Fulgur shaking off Dazed last turn. Turned out not to matter this turn but figured you'd want the heads up.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Dazed only lasts one round if it's from Damage:

Failure (two degrees): The target is dazed until the end of their next turn and has a –1 circumstance penalty to further checks against damage.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Lion-Man #5 Dodge vs Grab (DC20) 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22 Resist
jmucchiello wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:09 pmDazed only lasts one round if it's from Damage:

Failure (two degrees): The target is dazed until the end of their next turn and has a –1 circumstance penalty to further checks against damage.
True but the Energy Staves have a linked Dazed/Stunned/Incaped Affliction along with the Damage
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yeah as soon as I opened the IC I was reminded the staffs were afflictions.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

jmucchiello wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:09 pm Dazed only lasts one round if it's from Damage:

There is that, but she's also Dazed from the Affliction part of the staff's energy damage, so she needs to roll to throw that off (hopefully!).
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Dodgson wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:54 pm Tony Jones, you forgot to roll for Fulgur shaking off Dazed last turn. Turned out not to matter this turn but figured you'd want the heads up.
Thanks! But I think that was the round she took the damage in? Because the Lion Men acted after her? She she can hopefully shake it off this turn.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

I'm kinda confused as to what round we are in, to be honest.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Technically we're in Round 2, as four of our Crew(myself, Nightsong, fulgur and Doll) all go before the Lionmen. Tacticool & Princess end the turn order AFTER the Lion's go.

Does that help you BG?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

It's mildly confusing.

People who rolled higher than the lionmen went first, then the lionmen, then everyone went.

So it might be easier not to consider the round number, so much as being in our second player phase (with some people having gotten an extra phase for rolling good init)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

The actual round borders aren't important. Anything referencing a PC and rounds usually happens "at the end of your turn".
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

It seems like everyone has acted twice, except me.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Right, Tacticool's initiative was after the aliens (same with the princess). So fast PCs went, Aliens went, slow pcs and fast PCs went, Aliens went. We are now in the 2nd slow PCs and fast PCs phase. Tacticool has her second action to do. Then four of the PCs will do their third action. Then the aliens have their third action. etc.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Jmucchiello and Gunmetal are on the money here. As rule the actual round number isn’t that important (bar some kinda klunky Limited 2s I guess) but if you’ve taken your action you can consider ‘end of turn’ actions to have kicked in.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

Lion-Man #4 Toughness vs DC25 1D20+8 = [11]+8 = 19 Should read 18 but still Dazed & Bruised

So weird rules thing, being Prone, opponents should get -5 to hit #4 with ranged attacks but what with Fulgur being in close range with the guy I figured it would be kind of dumb to give her the penalty just because her attack could be used at range.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Thanks!