[IC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Batgirl III

Re: [IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Batgirl III »

Tacticoool
HP: 2 Condition: Normal

“Hey, you ever see that really old movie Army of Darkness?” Tacticool said to Nightsong — not that she expected her to hear — before she ran from their position behind the couch, as she did so the assault rifle in her hand was suddenly replaced with a roaring chainsaw, “Hail to the king, baby!”

Tacticool charged towards the cat-man who had just climbed back in through the window. She screamed her lungs out as she ran, shouting random insults like “Get some!” and “Shop smart, shop S-Mart!” with each swing, hoping the roaring chainsaw and movie quotes would attract some of the cat-men to focus on her.
Tacticool is going to move towards the wet Lion-Man and use a full All-Out Attack to swing her chainsaw. The chainsaw has Reach [1] so she’s going to try to stay out of his reach.

Chainsaw, All-Out Attack (+5/-5): 1D20+15 = [18]+15 = 33

That’s a critical hit, if it connected, which I’ll use for Increased Effect. DC 21 normally, DC 26 with the bonus.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

The feline raiding party might not have been able to land any solid hits as the battle continued to rage in the Futurist's living room but what they lacked in offence they seemed to more than make up for in defence, stubbornly refusing to go down without a fight, a thick silver mist now rolling in through the broken glass door and mixing with Nightsong's darkness.

Speaking off the glass door, the lion-man who had recently returned from their trip in the ocean seemed to be holding things together on spite and fury alone, batting away Mason's fist with its staff only to bring it back round to meet the whirring teeth of Tacticool's chainsaw before finally thrusting the other end back towards the magician. While her foe might still be standing, Tacticool's loud display of force did have one of the desired effects, drawing attention away from the others with a pair of silvery cords hurled in her direction to bring her to heel.

Meanwhile the other two still standing remained locked in combat with Fulgur and the princess, swinging their crackling staves at their enemies, if they could bring even one of them back to their leader at this point they'd call it a win.
Combat
Lion-Man #2
Move Action: N/A
Standard Action: Team Attack with Lion-Man #3 at Tacticool 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12

Lion-Man #3
Standard Action: Attack Tacticool with Possibility Wyrm, DC18 PL Save vs Cumulative Dazed/Compelled/Controlled if it hits 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9

Lion-Man #4
Standard Action: Attack Fulgur with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+8 = [5]+8 = 13

Lion-Man #5
Standard Action: Attack Crown Princess with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11

Lion-Man #6
Move Action: Staggered
Standard Action:Attack Mason with Energy Stave, DC23 Toughness & DC18 Fortitude vs Cumulative Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated if it hits 1D20+8 = [13]+8 = 21
OOC wrote:They just can't roll, like...at all
Heroes are on turn!
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong
HP:1

Elena laughs. " Yeah, I've seen it! Ash kind of reminded me of a guy I used to hunt werewolves with in Siberia. Bear of a man, not too bright, a loudmouth and braggart...but when the chips went down, he got things done! Not just on the battlefield, if you get my drift", she says, apparently unconcerned with the danger they were in.
But in the end, that was just for show. Being unimpressed with the baring of teeth and saliva-slick growls gave many monsters pause and thus a disadvantage.
Again, she loosened a hail of bullets at the lion-person...
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Tacticoool
HP: 2 Condition: Dazed
Lion-Man #3
Standard Action: Attack Tacticool with Possibility Wyrm, DC18 PL Save vs Cumulative Dazed/Compelled/Controlled if it hits 1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9

Due to All-Out Attack, Tacticool’s Defense is a mere 5 right now. So that’s one degree of failure. Tacticool is Dazed.
“What the <random modem noise>!” Tacticool yelped as the silvery tendrils wrapped around her arm, she yanked back as hard as she could, but suddenly felt weirdly... like... not trying to... this chainsaw was... heavy...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: -1 to Toughness checks

Once again the swarm that makes up Fulgur Alveo dances gracefully around the Energy Stave swung by the Lion Man.

Once again, lighting dances between the bees of the swarm before stabbing out towards the attacking Lion Man...

Lightning bolt attack on Lion Man #4: 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12; which probably misses...
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

MASON DESNOW
HP- 2/1 CND-fine INITIATIVE#--17

Mason screamed as the weapon struck his protection. They held, but barely. Gritting his teeth, the gergarious Cajun's smile became increadably predatory as he said
"Time for fun s'gone now Ti-Minous(Junior Cats). CAUSE I DONE PLAYIN'!"
Those with a Magic background senses an almost Opressive force suddenly bear down upon the Lionmen....
OOC:First here's the Toughness save....
Toughness check: 13+10=23--thank the Loa, i JUST made it...:)
Spend a Hero Point to give Move Object Multi-attack and will attempt to "Yeet" All the Lionmen's Cloths straight into the Cealing....
Lionmen Clothes Attack: 10+7=17--Think i just hit it...
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess
HP: 2 - Condition: -2
Array: Power Stunt: Energy Ribbon

The Princess deftly evades the incoming staff strike. Frustrated as the battle drags on, she focuses that emotion to her ring, envisioining the power, HER power, and projects it out in a streaking ribbon of pinkish energy that lashes out as it snakes around the room, striking at each of the lionmen in turn. "Enough of this!"
Attack
Power Stunting off her regular array with 16pp; Damage 8, Area: Shapeable
DC18 for half effect, DC23 Toughness (DC19 if half effect)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

Swirls of purple emanate from Doll Girl before smashing into one of the staggered Lion Men. "Bad Kitty." She then swoops around the room and pretends to hide again.

Damaging move object punch vs Dodge, toughness DC25 : 1D20+10 = [20]+10 = 30 Crit! Tough DC becomes 30.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"We should attack together to take down the last two more effectively!" shouts Fulgor Alveo to the rest of the group. Despite their being a swarm of bees their voice remains the same as before, with a profound resonance beyond that of a normal human voice underlying it.
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

So it turned out that when the Princess said 'enough' she meant it! A pink ribbon of energy lancing out from her ring and battering a pair of Lion-Men in to unconsciousness and leaving another wide open for Doll Girl to send crashing to the ground, when all was said and done there was only two of the feline raiders still standing and all of a sudden they weren't looking too formidable.

Trying to get a grip on the situation the pair surveyed the scene in front of them and quickly shared a look.

<Don't you dare!> One growled to the other, seeing the seed of doubt in their eyes <We return empty-handed and the Chainmaker will have your hide!>

<Then I won't return at all, you can take your chances with this lot!> The other retorted after a quick bit of mental calculus and in an instant they were gone leaving a single invader left to make a defiant last stand, roaring and spinning their energy staff around in their grip.

It didn't end well for them...
OOC
The combat is now over! I'm not going to make you roll out the fight against the last Lion-Man because a PL8 heavily outnumbered by PL10s isn't even sport. Deal with them however you wish.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess
HP: 2 - Condition: -2
Array: Enhanced Strength

The Princess eyes the remaining Lionman and speaks, or rather, growls, in its language. <I don't know who this Chainmaker is, but you are vastly outnumbered, and while you may valiantly make a last stand, I implore you to surrender.>
Rolls
Going for persuasion.
Persuasion: 1D20+15 = [19]+15 = 34

Couldn't ask for much better than that
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

CND: Fine

With a twirl, she slid the weapons into their holsters. " Yeah, at this point it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel. But, really...whoever told you to take this job was way too confident. Talk about outrageously inept planning."
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo

"Indeed!" agrees Fulgur Alveo. The swarm of bees swirls gracefully but menacingly to one side of the lion-man. "I agree with Crown Princess here," she continues. "You really should surrender now!"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
Def: 15, Tough: 5, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +0
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

"Someone call Amazon and order a pallet of kitty litter," Doll Girl says. "What are we going to do with all these kitties?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

CND: Fine

" Call the authorities? I mean, they broke in and attacked us without provocation. Some time in a nice cell would be good for them", Elena suggests.