[IC] The City of Tomorrow

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Dodgson

Re: [IC] The City of Tomorrow

Post by Dodgson »

<He is the last of the royal line, the only survivor of the Citadel.> The Lion-Man growled to Harmonia, still keeping just about keeping their cool until Fulgur kept asking questions and hit a sore spot, only being unarmed and the presence of several superbeings that have already proven they could kick their ass stopping them from attacking her outright <THE CHAINMAKER IS OF OUR KIN! WE NEED TURN TO NO ONE ELSE! Do what you will with me, this pitiful will be ground beneath our heel and you will all become our cattle.>

Not too far away Doll Girl and H.O.L.L.Y were having an altogether nicer conversation "This way please." The projection said pleasantly, door underneath the stairs sliding open to reveal another set of stairs that lead down to an altogether much more secure looking metal door with a small keypad next to it, which as an artificial intelligence wired in to the entire building (amongst other things), H.O.L.L.Y obviously had no use for.

Now the Futurist was known for two things, one was her wild party girl lifestyle and the other was being a total screaming genius and she had the facilities to match. At H.O.L.L.Y's command there was a whir and a clunk of machinery as several layers of independent security were disengaged one by one and the door slid open to reveal a veritable technological wonderland, that honestly didn't look like it should all be able to fit in the space that it was in. Half finished projects littered a dozen different benches all rayguns, strange viewing globes and mechanical doodads, while the walls were covered in equations, maps and theories that didn't always go anywhere and of course in one corner were a gaggle of person sized pods with little porthole doors all standing empty.
Perception (DC15)
Yeah, totally bigger on the inside
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
Def: 15, Tough: 5, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +0
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

"I like the color scheme, H.O.L.L.Y." She says. "Did you contribute to the decor?" She's checking out the tech far more than the room size. "Now if I were a cell, where would I be?"

Perception: 1D20 = [1] = 1
Tech check: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: -1 to Toughness checks

Fulgur laughs mockingly at the lion-man.

<If your pitiful invasion was the first such attempt against this world I might be slightly worried>, she tells him. <But it is not even the tenth such attempt. And like all the others. It. Will. Fail.>
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Princess Harmonia Valentine Musa
Crown Princess
HP: 2 - Condition: -2
Array: Enhanced Strength

Harmonia opts to remain topside and outdoors to keep an eye on the invading ships, hovering a short ways up, but not so far that one of her temporary teammates couldn't call up to her.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur intends to remain in the lab until the conscious and unconscious lion-men are put into cells under the auspices of H.O.L.L.Y., her swarm buzzing gracefully about the place but not touching anything...
Dodgson

Post by Dodgson »

"The lab design was the personal project of Miss Eliza." H.O.L.L.Y helpfully informed Doll Girl as the diminutive heroine darted around examining the technological wonders that surrounded them until she came across what she was almost certainly the containment cells, the pods off to one side of the room, as Doll Girl got closer they began to hum in to life as H.O.L.L.Y activated their boot up routines.

"Will you require my assistance to operate the meta-cells?" She asked.

Outside Harmonia would be able to see the ships finally begin to descend upon the city to round up the civilians, the booming sounds of ship mounted weapons echoing outwards as they started softening up their targets.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Probably, just to be sure they're secured correctly." Doll Girl says, "Be right back." She flies to the living room again. "Found the cells. Let's get them inside so we can deal with the invasion fleet."
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Crown Princess

Harmonia frowns and glides back into the house, pausing briefly as she intercepts Dollgirl. "We need to prepare to mobilize quickly. Those invasion ships are attacking the city from above." After passing that message on, she quickly flew through looking for the others to make sure everyone knew they needed to move out.

To her arithmatic, four of them could fly, the other two could be carried easily. Speaking of two, she noted she couldn't spot Mason or Tacticool.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Nightsong

HP:1
CND: Fine

Elena couldn't help but chuckle. " You picked a fine time to go on vacation", she said to the not-present Futurist. " Alright, let's go. Get me a bit closer and I can darkstep onto their ship...if it has any unlit places, that is."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Doll Girl
Def: 15, Tough: 5, Fort: 10, Will: 10, Perception: +0
HP: 3; Condition: What passes for normal

Doll Girl hovers by the open window. "We really need to get going. Someone secure the prisoners. I don't fly any faster than downtown traffic so I'm hoping to get a ride up to the ship before flying on my own."

(ooc: she only flies 30 mph.)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Fulgur Alveo
Hero Points: 3; Current Condition: -1 to Toughness checks

"Attacking the city?!" exclaims Fulgur. "No!"

Reprioritising entirely away from their single conscious prisoner, the swarm of bees that is Fulgur Alveo swirls gracefully back up into through and out of the house to where she can see the city, and the flying ships attacking it.

Sparks swirl and grow between the bees of the swarm before lightning burst from it in the direction of one of the attacking ships, striking it unerringly despite how far away it was, her electricity crawling over its skin and seeking to take control of its systems as she did with the weapons of the attackers.

OOC: Affliction – 10, Perception Ranged, Cumulative, Limited: Third Degree Only, Affects Objects Only, Limited: Technology Only [Control Technology; resisted by Fortitude, overcome by skill or Fortitude; Controlled]

If she does so, she is commanding the ship to shut down its weapons, open all its doors, and fly at top speed away from the city and out to sea before diving into the water.

As she does this she attempts to spot if any ship appears to be in command, or obviously acting as a flagship.

Fulgur attempts to see if the lion-men have a flagship: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11; but is apparently too distracted to see it if it even exists...
Last edited by Tony Jones on Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Crown Princess

"Attacking their ships one by one may not be the most efficient means to deal with this threat, and besides that, we have to protect the city and civilians below. I move that we should go into the ity rather than assaulting the ships directly, at least until an opportunity presents itself." Harmonia offers. "After all, if we make a mistake and one of those ships drops, it will cause significant damage."

"As for transportation, I should be able to facilitate for the two of you." She certainly was strong enough.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"So you would rather they send multiple bombs into the city for hours while we run around trying to catch them. Rather than spend a few minutes knocking them out of the sky?" Doll Girl asks.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Crown Princess

Harmonia frowns. "We hardly have time to be arguing, so I will tell you once to take care in not putting words in my mouth. What makes you think knocking them out of the sky will take but a few minutes? Much less be safe? I presume you don't want to drop them onto the city below. I am proposing we prioritize protecting the people rather than fight blindly and possibly cause more harm in the doing so."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"If we can't knock them out of the sky quickly, they will destroy the city below. There is absolutely no way we can protect the city from aerial bombardment. Bombs are much faster at destroying a city than we can move people out of the city. So we either fail to evacuate the destroyed city. Or we take the ships out and perhaps they do damage to the city when they crash. Obviously we will try to direct them away from the city. But I fail to see the value of standing on the ground trying to play whack-a-mole with the destruction raining down on us without doing anything to stop that rain." Doll Girl says. "At the moment we are doing absolutely nothing."