The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - OOC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - Recruiting)

Post by Bladewind »

Tony Jones wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:26 am
On a related note, does this mean that the Accurate extra on powers is also +3 per 1 PP spent?
Not sure how many people this affects, but gonna change my ruling on this one and agree with you.
Mostly because you could just take Enhanced Skill (Combat) for the same effect.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Re: The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - Closed to new interest)

Post by Bladewind »

Starfish

:arrow: Absolutely love this concept and execution, and expected it to be more complicated to check... :D Overall, solid build
:arrow: Can you explain your cost breakdown on the Minor Hydrokinesis ?
:arrow: Skills Point - I get 17 PP and 50 of 51 Skill Points spent
:arrow: Advantages I count 12 (but that's because I dropped the Language Advantage)
:arrow: No requirements, but since I made the comment more than once... I am a fan of Force Fields represented by Create... but I get that Protection here helps meet caps...
:arrow: you spent 8 PP on defenses, not 7 PP
:arrow: I count 26 PP on Shooting Stars
:arrow: You did not list a rank for Bright Light, Extreme Heat. that I saw...
:arrow: Abilities 14 + Powers 129 + Advantages 12 + Skills 17 + Defenses 8 = Total 180
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Scarab

:arrow: Geez, you guys are not making the selection process any easier. Part of the reason I review all builds is to pay see where things were spent and how. The attention to making rounded characters has been amazing and this one in particular stands out with the Expertise Superheroes and Villains.
:arrow: On the subject of that particular Expertise, it will help identify supers for sure, but expect some to be... different... than what she expects.
:arrow: Don't see, but I don't balance cost wise on the Scarab, I come to 61 (-13 PP removable)
:arrow: Abilities 42 + Powers 73 + Advantages 21 + Skills 28 + Defenses 0 = Total 164
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Bladewind wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:40 am Starfish

:arrow: Absolutely love this concept and execution, and expected it to be more complicated to check... :D Overall, solid build
Thank you. I can't take credit, it was someone else's original idea. But I cleared with them to be able to use it.

I've been watching the Stargirl TV series and was inspired.
:arrow: Can you explain your cost breakdown on the Minor Hydrokinesis ?
Healing is normally 2pp/rank, Affect others only makes it 1pp/rank, 4 levels of check required is -4, I spent 4pp on it for 8 ranks total.
:arrow: Skills Point - I get 17 PP and 50 of 51 Skill Points spent
Skills [19pp]
Range Combat (staff powers) 10(+10), Persuasion 9(+11/+16), Treatment 6(+10), Perception 6(+10), Insight 4(+8), Expertise: History 6(+6), Expertise: Current Events 3(+3), Investigation 6(+6), Deception 6(+8/+13)

I count 56 ranks of skills, which *is* off by 1 skill point, but very solidly 19pp
:arrow: Advantages I count 12 (but that's because I dropped the Language Advantage)
yup, I'll adjust and allocate that point to my miscounted defenses.
:arrow: No requirements, but since I made the comment more than once... I am a fan of Force Fields represented by Create... but I get that Protection here helps meet caps...
I'd agree that Force fields that a person makes for other people are definitely Create. But a field that is meant to be around only the hero, that moves with them and allows them to project their powers through it, gets into tethered and selective, you'd have to reach through it to open a doorknob and would forego it's benefit if that doorknob was, say, electrified. I see pros and cons to that.
:arrow: you spent 8 PP on defenses, not 7 PP
true, I miscounted the total, thank you.
:arrow: I count 26 PP on Shooting Stars
It has a quirk that draws attention to itself and the user.
:arrow: You did not list a rank for Bright Light, Extreme Heat. that I saw...
AE: Environment - Bright Light, Extreme Heat, E:Selective, Precise pr 1
pr 1 was there at the end, it made a good stealth check, apparently. Though Rank for Environment just determines how big the area is. The light and heat are mostly fluff as something the Cosmic Staff *should* be able to do, based off it's description. But the show has it as somewhat an are blinding effect.

Thank you for your review. I'll wait to make modifications for a day or so to see if there's any other feedback.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Thanks for the clarifications Vivid.

Three left... methinks one more tonight and the last two tomorrow...

Edit: Nope. Done for the day. Checking builds inspired me to create some NPCs... Martha Jillian "MJ" Kent, Theresa Ellen "Trixie" Carter, Diana Grace Masters and Kevin Blake... heroic names to come...
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed May 05, 2021 2:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

okay, I'll make modifications. I don't envy your choice Bladewind.
jmucchiello

Re: The Outsiders - Titans' Tears (MnM 3e - Recruiting)

Post by jmucchiello »

Bladewind wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:19 am
Tony Jones wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:26 am
On a related note, does this mean that the Accurate extra on powers is also +3 per 1 PP spent?
Not sure how many people this affects, but gonna change my ruling on this one and agree with you.
Mostly because you could just take Enhanced Skill (Combat) for the same effect.
As I said above, my character recovers 4 PP with accurate being +3/1PP.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Bladewind wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:20 am Scarab

:arrow: Geez, you guys are not making the selection process any easier. Part of the reason I review all builds is to pay see where things were spent and how. The attention to making rounded characters has been amazing and this one in particular stands out with the Expertise Superheroes and Villains.
thank you for the compliment.
Bladewind wrote: :arrow: On the subject of that particular Expertise, it will help identify supers for sure, but expect some to be... different... than what she expects.
I figured that would be the case.
Bladewind wrote: :arrow: Don't see, but I don't balance cost wise on the Scarab, I come to 61 (-13 PP removable)
:arrow: Abilities 42 + Powers 73 + Advantages 21 + Skills 28 + Defenses 0 = Total 164
I think part of the difference in point totals was the changes made to Accurate, I hadn't had a chance to change that in the build (as I've been making small changes based on comments made about other builds [like Penetrating & Impervious]). Can you PM me a break down of your figured for the scarabs cost? I'll rework it from there.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I will send PMs and the like to figure out any little things I don't get or don't balance the way you guys did once I have made my final selections.

The first go over is everyone, and obviously I can't take all the characters... so the amount of work I want to subject people to (including myself!) in reviewing builds needs to be minimized...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Bladewind wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:38 am Thanks for the clarifications Vivid.

Three left... methinks one more tonight and the last two tomorrow...

Edit: Nope. Done for the day. Checking builds inspired me to create some NPCs... Martha Jillian "MJ" Kent, Theresa Ellen "Trixie" Carter, Diana Grace Masters and Kevin Blake... heroic names to come...
Now I got the idea of a world where the kryptonian ship did not carry the infanf Kal-El but a complete collection of their world's lore and a means of rewriting the DNA of someone and Martha accidentially got exposed to it, turning her into a kryptonian with all the power that entails.
" Supermom"? ;)
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Wed May 05, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:20 pm Now I got the idea of a world where the kryptonian ship did not carry the infanf Kal-El but a complete collection of their world's lore and a means of rewriting the DNA of someone and Martha accidentially got exposed to it, turning her into a kryptonite with all the power that entails.
" Supermom"? ;)
Ha ha ! Almost sounds like part of the premise for JLA: The Nail
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Never read that one. But I kind of like the idea. In a group of superheroes I would envision her to be somewhat like Wynne from Dragon Age.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

That does sound rather interesting...
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:20 pm Now I got the idea of a world where the kryptonian ship did not carry the infanf Kal-El but a complete collection of their world's lore and a means of rewriting the DNA of someone and Martha accidentially got exposed to it, turning her into a kryptonite with all the power that entails.
" Supermom"? ;)
A Martha Kent Superwoman character would be amazing. But she wouldn't be a mother is Kal-El isn't in the ship.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

I know, it was meant to be a joke. Though I'd see her act as " team mom" in the Justice League.