Interest check. New game (if you like Digimon, check within)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Interest check. New game (if you like Digimon, check within)

Post by Gunmetal_Rainbow »

Hello all. I've come across a fun game that released recently called Animon Story that I would like to run. Most likely for a oneshot as the initial intent, but depending how it goes, it may extend to a full story.

What kind of game is Animon Story you ask? Well, remember Digimon? In particular the original first season? Animon Story captures all of the elements of that show that you probably enjoyed enough that just my mention of it brings up waves of nostalgia.

You play as a kid character with an Animon partner that you as the player get to design. You go on journeys together and grow as partners, unlocking higher stages of evolution.

Mechanically it's a pretty tame system using d6 dice pools and success based results. Movement isn't really necessary to track tactically, so it should run fine in forum format.

Also keep in note, I'm new to it as well, so overall the oneshot is intended as a testing grounds to try it out.

Any takers?
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Re: Interest check. New game (if you like Digimon, check within)

40+ views and no replies. I guess this one is a bust then for interest. ^^;

Unless people are being shy about asking questions.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sorry, too old for Digimon. Know nothing about it and I'm not really interested in playing a "kid".
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I *do* enjoy playing a kid, but I never got into digimon, sorry. I really like the way you run games though. Good Luck!
Gunmetal_Rainbow

Ah it's all good. I know Digimon isn't everyone's jam, but I did think there's be a few more interested than zero. xD

Oh well, maybe another time. Maybe I'll find something else that I can run. I'm also working on my own game I'll want to playtest some time. This seems like a great place for it.