For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: 2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

Post by mrdent12 »

Anything Conner noticed with 22?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The people in the cars are refusing to exit the vehicles, correct? I want to make sure that lack of response is purposeful on the NPC's part, and not a GM giving PCs time to take actions.

That aside, before I post IC, I'm going to wait on a response from the dispatch regarding the license plates and feedback on what Douglas can translate from what Conner overheard the gardeners saying.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I was waiting for the second notice check.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Is Douglas able to translate what the gardeners said?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Make an intelligence roll DC 25. You are interpreting what a non speaker of spanish overheard at a distance and tried to relay in real time. It is hard enough relaying a conversation in a language that you speak.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I won't bother rolling. Douglas is unable to meet that DC even on a 20.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Is that post for Sakuro or me? I ask because we both went to different cars.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Traveling for work, so won't be able to get an ic post up until Friday.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Did Brandon get the driver's license and registration?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Yes.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

@Douglas. The documents match. The guy is Emil Haviera. Emil laughs at you. "This is a public carpark. Reserved parking my ass." When you leave he rolls the window back up.
I may not be getting enough information here. Is this a parklinglot that is clearly designated for long term public parking? Admittedly I only did a brief search on parking regulations but "Reserved" or not, it looks like that in a lot of places you can get towed if you are clearly "loitering" in your car or even if you've "abandoned" your vehicle and are not conducting business after 15 minutes or so. A space across the courthouse, doesn't seem like an area that would have long term parking.

Either way, I'm willing to back Douglas' words up with an Intimidate check if you think it warranted.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

It looks like that whole lot is open parking- the entry and exit lanes don't have a gate or anything, and the courthouse site mentions metered parking (half day or full day) for those with business in court (probably this lot, since there doesn't seem to be any other open space nearby). Court employees probably park in the nearby garage (listed as a garage, but not as a public parking option).

If these guys paid for their space, I'm not sure how much hassle we CAN give them.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get back to my regular cadence of posting after July 1. Not much more left to demo for work after 4 of them.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Douglas asked about their business. Someone refusing to give information is justifiable cause for taking action, isn't it? He effectively said "I didn't pay for parking time". Brandon received a proper answer, his driver has business at the courthouse. So in that instance, I can see their not being able to be towed.

One of the cars had people that seemed to be smoking something less than legal. Parking argument aside, that is something Douglas was trying to indicate for Brandon. If they aren't trouble, it doesn't hurt to disperse or send them away. Nor does it take much effort. If they are trouble later on, better to not to have eleven hostiles on a united front.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yes, that is Brandon's intention.

As for legalities, Douglas can require the others provide identification as well.