2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: 2e PL 8 "the rookies" OOC.

Post by Sakuro »

Poodle made their ruling on the matter. Douglas has moved on from that since the GM said it wasn't a viable tactic. We don't need to debate the topic. Though I did want to make it clear I was trying to have Douglas exploit parking regulations, not saying that sitting in a car was illegal. That's so silly it felt like Poodle was taking a jab at me.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

It is the closest carpark to the courthouse. People waiting to go on trial hang out here or a nearby park. There are waiting areas inside too but as it is a municipal building it is non-smoking. Besides, being in these places is stressful, no matter which side of the law you are on. Trust me on this.
IHanging out in cars like they are is certainly suspicious and yes, you do have the right to talk to them. However the drivers are under no obligation to tell you anything apart from name and show ID if asked for it. The passengers don't have to tell you anything or show ID. They also have the right to record you and ask why they are being spoken to.

You are welcome to try to intimidate the people in the cars into compliance. I didn't think that was your intention . If you want to intimidate Emil into giving more information about why they are there go for it. Make an intimidation roll.

You strongly suspect their reason for being here is court related somehow.
Last edited by Poodle on Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Apologies to Sakuro. I wasn't taking a jab at you. Sorry if it felt that way. At this parking lot it's an all day park. There are no regulations apart from no camping overnight. The challenge of conveying tone in a relatively toneless medium I guess.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get a proper ic post up for Conner either tonight or tomorrow. Just got back from a lengthy work trip.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Knowing about your work situation is part of the reason I had Douglas ask Conner to stay out front and watch the suspicious guys (the other being that he is the most mobile). At the very least it can be assumed he informs security when/if they make a move in the event you get bogged down.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, just need to get caught up with the ic posts for full SA before posting
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get the ic post up tonight with rolls, but the gist of it will be Conner trying to take over one if the pigeons and keep it flying about watching the gardeners plus whatever a proper birds eye view can see of the vehicles.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'll get an IC post up this afternoon or evening. Spent a bit too much of my morning watching real SWAT on TV news, doing their thing just afew miles down the road...
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Did Conner succeed in getting control of the pigeon?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sorry, yes.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Is the drone still in the air while the pick-up is driving away? If so, is it just hovering (I presume these things have an 'autopilot' or something that will hold them up for a little while if the operator loses contact briefly)
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Depends on the drone. Most quad copters will hover as long as power is turned on.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

BAsically, if it is just hovering, Danni will assume that the operator just left it "running" and is either getting out of a danger zone or just moving to "pick it up" later. If it is still maneuvering, it means someone else is operating it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I've seen drones that can be commanded to follow preprogrammed courses as well. Depending on the AI on the drone, it might fly itself as well. Without going into much detail, it's scary how good some drones can be even if they look simple.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The drone is just hovering at this point.