AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - Night at the Museums

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: AEGIS Squad, Region 2 (IC) - A Bank Heist?

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

The two look at each other. "We use a middle man."

Evelyn can tell they are not lying about anything they have said, but they clearly don't want to reveal too much.

"We got instructions to meet them in a parking garage earlier today."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

"Cool" Luke
HP: 1
CND: Ice Cold

Lukes first instinct was to say lets haul em all down town. His better senses took hold though as he was proper Aegis sort of now. Had to follow procedure and all that. He thought back as best he could to his training on what normally would happen with hostages before answering.
Expertise Aegis 22 for any protocols, handbook recommendations, etc.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Cool Luke

Without an AEGIS field office, using local police facilities to conduct interviews is the best course of action. Keep all of them separated at all times and interview them about other people present in the bank both before and during the robbery.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry "The Shield" Mackenzie
HP: 1 Condition: Injured 1

"What's the address of this parking garage?" Harry asks.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The Shield

The two look at each other and shrug. They give you the address of a parking garage half a mile away.

"It was a drive-by pickup. They weren't waiting for us or anything."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Evelyn "Bulwark" Gracen
HP: 2
Cnd: Healthy

With that Evelyn looked to the Canadian Shield.

"Hand them over to the police when you're done questioning them."

She didn't appear satisficed, but she did seem to have heard enough to move on. Turning away from the men she began to walk out of the bank. As she went metal crawled away from her face, receded from her hair and head, and pulled beneath the collar of her uniform. Even as she moved out, she spoke over the team's coms.

"Zyzzak, if you find any organic pieces of the cyborgs, mark their location and tell fireteams to stay clear. Madame Macabre should have a look at them before anyone else tampers with body parts."

Outside the bank Evelyn looked around as she walked towards the police, her dark eyes panning the area. Eventually he made her was to where the officer in charge of the scene was station.

"Sergeant Handmore, we believe this was a possible diversion for other criminal activity. You if you learn of anything that took place at the same time, I'd appreciate it if you let us know. Try to get footage from [insert garage location]. The vault-men met were hire via middle man there. It'd be good to ID that person."

OOC wrote:
Metal Control wrote: [20] - Protection 10 [Flaws: Sustained Duration (+0/r), Quirk "Requires Adequate Quantity of Metal to Act As Armor" (-1 pp) ; Extras: Impervious 11]
[12] - Move Objects 10 [Flaws: Limited to "Metal" (-1/r), Close Range (-1/r) ; Extras: Precise (+1 pp), Subtle (+1 pp), Shapeable Area (+1/r)]
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Evelyn knows the middle man would not have been anywhere near the parking garage.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Madame Macabre

HP: 1
Cnd: Fatigued
...Madame Macabre should have a look at them before anyone else tampers with body parts."
Elizabeth hears Bulwarks command of the comlink. Before heading back into the bank to scrutinize the cyborgs, she looks to Cool Luke. "Are we takin', em to the station? I'd like to go with you if you're gonna question them or look at security footage. Maybe I can help in some way."

She pauses for Cool Luke to respond before walking back through the damaged front doors to the lobby. Removing the sunglasses, her pinkish-white eyes adjust to the dimmer light. Walking past the areas blackened by fire damage, Elizabeth seeks out one of the cyborgs.

The use of her retrocognitive spell has always brought her more discomfort than any other. In those cases where the consciousness of the dead linger for a time, they are often in the form of powerful emotions, emotions that can overwhelm the spellcaster. Ofttimes, She wishes that she could just interact with sense-memories, but unfortunately the spell does not work that way.
OOC: If it is possble to use the "Divination" spell on either of the cyborgs, then Madame Macabre will give it a try. If it is not possible, she'll communicate to Bulwark the reason why it wont work.
Last edited by Supernaturalist on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Madame Macabre

The corpse is unusual. It has been dead for quite a while. You know it was a violent death that happened more than a year ago. It was some kind of soldier.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Zyzzak
HP:2 LP:0 CND: Toughness -2, exhausted
Scanners: Senses; Detect Fingerprints, Ranged, Microscopic Vision 1, Vision Counters illusion
Pattern Array: Comprehend Languages
Defensive: Repulsion Field; Permeate 1, Immunity to entrapment.
Wrist Emitters: Tractor Beam, Move Object 8

kenseido wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:41 am Zyzzak

The cyborgs' systems weren't as durable as the juggernaut's, but the explosions were intended to do more external damage than internal.

There is some debris, but it will take some time to piece together anything that might indicate manufacturer.

One curious thing, the organic material appears to have been dead for quite some time. It is apparent that these were "cyber-zombies" and not cyborgs.
Zyzzak opens comms. "Analysis of the organic components of the Cyborg units indicate they had been necrotizing before reanimation. Given their prior deceased state, perhaps our necromancer can glean more information?" Zyzzak says.

"I have scans of the tech components and will be analyzing those over time but no obvious clues about construction or origin yet present themselves."

"I'll head over to the hostage area now."

He liaises with the officer in charge of the former hostages "I assume they've all been searched for the weapon that was discharged?" he inquires.

At the collection of the former hostages, on the off-chance the infiltrator is using magical or holographic projection to mask his or her appearance Zyzzak configures his suite to take a topographical scan of faces and compare those to the photonic 'look' of the faces and highlight any discrepancies. [Vision counters Illusion]

He likewise uses his tractor beams to pick up the smoke grenade canister to rotate it and scans for the oil residues of fingerprints then direct the hostages to hold hands with palms facing him, fingers spread to get a scan of their prints directly off their fingers and compare to any found from the canister.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Makes sense," Harry nods, "And a description of the vehicle?"

It was most likely a stolen vehicle, but it couldn't come out of thin air. Every little detail would help them track it back to the point of origin. And maybe that point of origin would be a dead end, but every little piece of information would help piece together how they worked and how to find them. Enough of those pieces...

"Well, the bad news is that you were very nearly involved as patsies in a crime where a large number of people could have been killed. Make no mistake, you were set dressing and at the very best you were going to left for the police. These people were ruthless enough that it could have been far worse," Harry says, "The good news is that you have been helpful, nobody got hurt, and you didn't try to cause problems. I appreciate that, and I will be making a note of it in my report which should help when it goes to court."

"If you don't mind me saying, you dodged a bullet here. It might be time for a change,"
Harry nods to the two, "Thank you for your assistance. Please let us know if you can think of anything else."

Assuming there isn't anything more Harry nods for the police to process the two men.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Zyzaak

You see no holograms on any of the people nor find any weapons.
Give me an Investigate check for fingerprints.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

The Shield

"Van. Dark."

They just smirk and chuckle at the rest of your dialogue.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Bulwark

"We haven't received any calls, but if we do, I will let you know. And I will see if I can get the surveillance videos from the garage, but that might take a few days."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Harry just smiles and nods as the criminals laughed.

He didn't really expect them to take his words as seriously as they should have. Had those bombs gone off those two would be looking at a serious set of crimes being pushed there way. But you couldn't save everyone, and in their position they'd only be able to go into a better life if they wanted to.

Still, he'd done what he could.

Once the police had taken the men he made his way out to joint Bulwark. He passed along the information he'd been able to gather then looked around at the parking lot to see if any vehicles matching the van's description were in the area.