New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Happy Birthday!

EnigmaticOne wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:27 pm I hope your birthday is electrifying. *rimshot*
Puns are a good way for lightning the mood.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:26 pm Happy Birthday!

EnigmaticOne wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:27 pm I hope your birthday is electrifying. *rimshot*
Puns are a good way for lightning the mood.
I am SHOCKED that you would use my birthday as an opportunity for cheap jokes.

Thanks everyone :mrgreen:
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

I have numerous failings as a GM. Back in the day, my homebrew D&D game was a world where rogues were... well, I wouldn't call them useless, but I also wouldn't consider them a necessity. Nothing was ever trapped. Hardly anything was locked. Sure, Sneak Attack was great in combat, but their skill set was not something I tended to tailor most of my adventures around. You might have noticed this was an aspect that infected my M&M games as well. I tend to eschew the need for most skill checks--often just telling you what you need to know without the need of the dice dictating what you do and don't notice.

It's something I've been working on. I sort of ended up running a D&D 5E game and it's hammered the need to diversify the sort of action my games have. That being said, I apologize if all of these checks appear to be coming out of nowhere. Normally, Violet would have said this and I would have launched right into Durendal looking taken aback that she would evoke news of the prince; in this instance, I'm opting for that to lead to a Diplomacy roll to see how things go. Similarly with the others. Basically, I recognize that this won't likely seem like my usual style and wanted to explain that, no, I have not been abducted by shapeshifters and replaced with someone marginally more competent. :-p
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Michuru wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:56 pm I have numerous failings as a GM. Back in the day, my homebrew D&D game was a world where rogues were... well, I wouldn't call them useless, but I also wouldn't consider them a necessity. Nothing was ever trapped. Hardly anything was locked. Sure, Sneak Attack was great in combat, but their skill set was not something I tended to tailor most of my adventures around. You might have noticed this was an aspect that infected my M&M games as well. I tend to eschew the need for most skill checks--often just telling you what you need to know without the need of the dice dictating what you do and don't notice.

It's something I've been working on. I sort of ended up running a D&D 5E game and it's hammered the need to diversify the sort of action my games have. That being said, I apologize if all of these checks appear to be coming out of nowhere. Normally, Violet would have said this and I would have launched right into Durendal looking taken aback that she would evoke news of the prince; in this instance, I'm opting for that to lead to a Diplomacy roll to see how things go. Similarly with the others. Basically, I recognize that this won't likely seem like my usual style and wanted to explain that, no, I have not been abducted by shapeshifters and replaced with someone marginally more competent. :-p
I actually like this, because it makes all the points I put into Imago's Bluff and Sense Motive worthwhile. Except sadly, I did not put points into Search. :roll:
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Hey, change is always good. It never hurts give new ways of GMing a try.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Guys, it's Locus not Locust. I blame Michuru for this.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:15 pm Guys, it's Locus not Locust. I blame Michuru for this.
Might be my fault.
Funny enough I debated on the spelling in my last post, but when I say Locus out loud there's a "t" sound at the end. But corrected now.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Fortunately, this is the first time anyone has gotten a name wrong in this game so I don't think much harm will be done
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:55 pm Fortunately, this is the first time anyone has gotten a name wrong in this game so I don't think much harm will be done
You're all going to feel very silly when you are attacked by Jack Rexton, aka Greyskin. He'll decimate the lot of you and you'll realize I wasn't making a mistake: I was warning you of what was to come.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I have faith that Victoria will be able to hold her own ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

So, did Sophie include a way for the willing Allies to contact her? What was the plan there?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

If only someone had enabled a means for group communication... but if they did, I just can't put my finger on it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:05 am If only someone had enabled a means for group communication... but if they did, I just can't put my finger on it.
I was thinking more for the Prince. How will he contact Sophie after we leave? She's in hiding so he can't just pick up a phone.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:21 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:05 am If only someone had enabled a means for group communication... but if they did, I just can't put my finger on it.
I was thinking more for the Prince. How will he contact Sophie after we leave? She's in hiding so he can't just pick up a phone.
It'll be yada-yada'd in the letter.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

1) I adore the visual that Martin is in the backseat, somewhat observing the Tehran mission turn to shit, while Puck and Dennis sit in the front seat, singing showtunes.

2) I can do voices. When I GM non-PBP games, I get to kind of use that a bit. For instance, Gilliam? I do what I must imagine is a terrible New Zealand accent for a cloud giant foodie in my D&D campaign. Essentially, I have a cloud giant who travels the world, reducing his size so that he can eat "little people food", and then document it in a series of journals he keeps with him. Naturally, he's a Kiwi, and I suspect if you ever heard it, you'd cringe. So, when there's a new player in one of my games and the voices come out, they inevitably stop the game to comment on the voices and ask what other voices I can do. The thing is, I apparently do a fairly decent Kermit the Frog... and Macho Man Randy Savage... so the best way of showing people what I can do is to have Kermit the Frog and Macho Man Randy Savage perform the song Dennis and Puck are singing. Naturally, Kermit is Jean Valjean and Macho Man is Javert. Also, I've been known to sing On My Own as Macho Man Randy Savage, because that's clearly what was missing from Les Miserables. This is just further proof that I am a clearly sane person.