New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe (OOC - Full)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Shock wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:24 pm Definitely. In a couple of months I expect my wife to start demanding I find somewhere else to put the thousands of models I've printed :lol:
I recommend buying a new house dedicated for the minis only. It's the simplest solution. :)
"Something pithy this way comes."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Shock wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:06 pm
Michuru wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:40 am Apologies for the radio silence! Things have been hectic. I will have a post up soon!
Well I hope things are going well for you now. In the last month, I have crashed my car, lost a good friend, gotten COVID and just last night won a free 3D printer. It's been a hell of a rollercoaster.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and hopefully COVID doesn't do a number on you. A few months ago, several of my coworkers tested positive (how it missed me, I'll never know) and... I was worried, given that the only person I'd known who had previously tested positive for it kind of... died from it... but they all proved my fears wrong. Not only are they all doing great, they've found a way to benefit from it. Apparently, their plasma is a hot commodity thanks to the antibodies, and this has become a new side hustle.

Point being, if you're worried how to send your twins to college, this may be a godsend.

Congratulations on the 3D printer. I keep thinking about getting into that. I really adore minis (and have a small pile that desperately need painted) and keep debating with getting one to... you know, make a bigger pile of things I need to paint. Apparently, you get better detail from resin, but it smells and it's not great for cats and I have a pair of fuzzballs who may not appreciate that.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Michuru wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:25 pm I'm sorry to hear about your friend and hopefully COVID doesn't do a number on you. A few months ago, several of my coworkers tested positive (how it missed me, I'll never know) and... I was worried, given that the only person I'd known who had previously tested positive for it kind of... died from it... but they all proved my fears wrong. Not only are they all doing great, they've found a way to benefit from it. Apparently, their plasma is a hot commodity thanks to the antibodies, and this has become a new side hustle.
I seem to have gotten away with no ill effects. Made me super tired for a few days and that was it. my wife has a lingering cough but it seems to be improving slowly. Kids got off with a minor sore throat for a couple days

The cost on 3d printing is dropping rapidly. I've recently gotten into mini painting myself, that's how I ended up winning this thing.

Check out my early painting efforts
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Shock wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:24 pm
Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:22 pm And congrats on the printer. You going to print up some new Battletech/Mechwarrior models?
Definitely. In a couple of months I expect my wife to start demanding I find somewhere else to put the thousands of models I've printed :lol:
Looks like fun. Can you do the same for stuff like Warhammer now?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:32 am
Arkrite wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:22 pm And congrats on the printer. You going to print up some new Battletech/Mechwarrior models?
Definitely. In a couple of months I expect my wife to start demanding I find somewhere else to put the thousands of models I've printed :lol:
Yeah, if I can find a model. 3D design is a bit outside my skill set.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Shock wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:02 am

Good luck. We pray to be free from the tyranny of GW's overly expensive prices!
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:26 pm
Shock wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:02 am

Good luck. We pray to be free from the tyranny of GW's overly expensive prices!
Well I don't play any GW games so that's not gonna be my first priority. I expect to have a whole lot of Battletech minis in fairly short order though. A quick search came up with some Heroclix related stuff out there so maybe that will catch Mich's attention
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

So... are we dead here?
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

I have faith in Mich. He'll be back
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I've been talking with Mich, he's working crazy amounts of overtime at his job. RL is a pain.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Aye. I am very hesitant to complain about the situation. Too many of my friends have found themselves unemployed this last year, and I can’t even fathom what that stress has to be like. I am very thankful to have remained employed throughout this entire disaster. The downside is that I’ve slowly been handed the responsibilities of those who were originally furloughed, then permanently laid off.

I’d been posting during my lunch, and that was working out super well... until I asked TM to roll initiative. While I can get on the forums from work, they block all of the dice rollers, so... that went out the window. For far, *FAR* too long, I kept telling myself that I would just do it when I got home, but with the OT, I have been getting home and lacking the energy to do much of anything, I may have found a workaround, though: roll the dice on my phone, copy the link into Evernote, then paste it from the website and, boom. I’m in business... until they eventually block the forums and force me to just do all of my posting from my phone, which... can be a pain to toggle between windows.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Man, I feel your pain about getting extra work dumped on you. It's not related to the pandemic but my department has shrunk from 11 to 6 people in the last couple of years. Surprisingly, the workload has not shrunk accordingly so I can understand your struggle. Hang in there.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm just glad the earth isn't trying to eat you again!
Sorry, that story is still pretty amazing. And how many blankets you got.

I feel your pain. My team is lucky that we're all still going, but they've played with the the "work from home" concept.
Now we're doing a seven person job with three people. And our manager is constantly trying to send the people who are on site to off site locations.
But sadly our workload hasn't changed, and there's not much we can do working from home.

And yeah, it's probably in poor taste to complain since I do have a steady paycheck.
But it really doesn't make the crazy workload suck any less. And it does suck.

So I'm cool with you complaining, because I'll probably be complaining too ;~)
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Michuru wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:36 pm Aye. I am very hesitant to complain about the situation. Too many of my friends have found themselves unemployed this last year, and I can’t even fathom what that stress has to be like. I am very thankful to have remained employed throughout this entire disaster. The downside is that I’ve slowly been handed the responsibilities of those who were originally furloughed, then permanently laid off.

I’d been posting during my lunch, and that was working out super well... until I asked TM to roll initiative. While I can get on the forums from work, they block all of the dice rollers, so... that went out the window. For far, *FAR* too long, I kept telling myself that I would just do it when I got home, but with the OT, I have been getting home and lacking the energy to do much of anything, I may have found a workaround, though: roll the dice on my phone, copy the link into Evernote, then paste it from the website and, boom. I’m in business... until they eventually block the forums and force me to just do all of my posting from my phone, which... can be a pain to toggle between windows.
You've had it rough. I'm glad you've still got work and powering through. So any updates for our St. Petersburg group? At this point Puck and Imago are still singing.
Games
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:22 am
Michuru wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:36 pm Aye. I am very hesitant to complain about the situation. Too many of my friends have found themselves unemployed this last year, and I can’t even fathom what that stress has to be like. I am very thankful to have remained employed throughout this entire disaster. The downside is that I’ve slowly been handed the responsibilities of those who were originally furloughed, then permanently laid off.

You've had it rough. I'm glad you've still got work and powering through. So any updates for our St. Petersburg group? At this point Puck and Imago are still singing.
I’m sort of waiting for the other scene to conclude, given Martin can influence it. If the Russian group advances further than where Martin’s scene is, it would be problematic.