New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

The idea Steven might have an important role to play sounded ridiculous, but the Astrolabe clearly had its reasons. Or just maybe it would help him become a truly better person.

Well, they'd find out. Time to develop a, what did the military call it, an Order of Battle? "So two big questions. One: do we have any real reason to expect outside help any time soon? If not, then there's..." Dennis did a count. "The nineteen of us - if we're counting Steven - against the Devious Duo, their mercenaries, Ottoman and Russian allies. How many of each are we up against?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear
HP: 1

Violet shook her head. She still didn't see why they needed to get dragged to some other dimension. Half of her own home's troubles had come from other dimensions. "They have an empire. I'm pretty sure there's more than 19 of them. If there was anyone else, we wouldn't be here." She shrugged. "We can't fight a war. Seems pretty clear we have to go to the top."
Flynnarrel

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #29: The Son of Man (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin gives that thought some consideration. "I 'ave given some zought to what I would in a large-scale confrontation." he admits. He makes a waffling motion with his hands giving himself a average chance in the conflict.

"But I agree zat should not be our first resort. What do you feel you need from us?" He asks the Monarchs in the room.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #27: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy
HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex rolls his eyes as they talk about offing the Tsar by doing a frontal assault against the country. He'd daydreamed his way through most of his history classes, but even he remembered how well attacking Russia usually went.

In a word: Poorly.

In a sudden fit of curiosity he pops out his cellphone and checks to see if there is any connection. He honestly didn't expect any, but stranger things had happened.

Just over a week ago he's attacked a dimension hopping ship filled with super criminals killing everything in sight, ran by a homicidal robot who was also from another dimension, assisted by a time traveling dimension hopping woman who was dead in his timeline after being quite possibly their most dangerous foe, and then rescued from a dead planet by the time traveling dimension hopping woman's daughter who also time travelled and dimension hopped, and apparently learned how to play the guitar from him.
In the future.
Maybe.

Needless to say his scale for strange was completely shot.

Then the next thought hit him. Where were they? Was there electricity in this world? Were they currently surrounded by assassins who'd been hunting down these two?

He figured it wasn't likely, but seeing as he had Murphy's own luck...

He took a deep breath, let it out slowly, and started feeling for electrical sources nearby.
Michuru

Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Michuru »

OUBLIETTE-1127 (Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Ashworth, Benson, The Drifter, Fach, Fiore, Gabrielle, Magnitude, Maze, Puck, Sidestep, Sophie, Stephen)
"So two big questions. One: do we have any real reason to expect outside help any time soon? If not, then there's..." Dennis did a count. "The nineteen of us - if we're counting Steven - against the Devious Duo, their mercenaries, Ottoman and Russian allies. How many of each are we up against?"

Sophie frowned. "At this juncture, there is no reason to believe anyone outside of this cabin knows what Locus is up to. Help will not arrive unless we call for it... and given that he has already infected the Romanov Empire, I worry if his influence is extending into other families. As for how many..."

"It's difficult to guess," Gabrielle offered. "I don't know how many Statemen he's hired."

"Or what their powers are," added the Drifter. "We're in the dark as far as what we're up against."

"They have an empire. I'm pretty sure there's more than 19 of them. If there was anyone else, we wouldn't be here." Violet shrugged. "We can't fight a war. Seems pretty clear we have to go to the top."

"I 'ave given some zought to what I would in a large-scale confrontation." he admits. He makes a waffling motion with his hands giving himself a average chance in the conflict. "But I agree zat should not be our first resort. What do you feel you need from us?"

"We need several things," Sophie said. "Most of all, we need the world to unite against this threat. Unfortunately, I do not believe myself to be the one best adept at managing us, as I am somewhat in the dark as to what the bulk of you are capable of."

"I guess that means it's up to me," the Drifter said, stepping forward and into the center of the room. "I know everyone here and I know the situation. I think I need to play armchair general on this one.

"We need to infiltrate Romanov's forces, get close to the Tsar, and determine if there is a way of salvaging this. We went there to warn him, but Locus has people loyal to him there who prevented that. We know that Locus' goals do not align with Volkov's. It's highly possible the tsar is in the dark about what's going on. Bare minimum, I'd send Martin, Dennis, and Robyn into their territory. Martin and Robyn can be anyone and Dennis can make people see what he wants them to see. Part of me wants to suggest Jack for this one too, but he may be needed elsewhere...

"We need to get to the other families and sound the alarms. We have Gabrielle, Kas, and Abe as transports, but there's also Lex. Me? I'd send him to London. He's been there before. It may be a different Earth, but he knows how to get there, on foot, without causing any major disturbances. The issue is going to be how he gets an audience with the royal family. He's pretty light on his feet and I don't doubt he could get in and out of the palace undetected. However, he doesn't necessarily have to go alone.

"Lex, at your top speed, you can't take most people with you... but in his liquid form, Tamati might survive the journey. Yes, it would make more sense sending Violet, but mobilization is a factor. Further, if they need to sneak into the royal palace, Tamati will have more of an edge over Violet.

"Violet should go with Abe to Paris--talk to the emperor. If Violet has her phone on her, she may have a bargaining chip. Do you take a lot of photos at the school? How many are Napoleon in? He's not originally from your world. He sort of... slipped between realities while the Armada was weakening the fabric between dimensions. He disappeared here over a decade ago and his homeland almost went to war thinking he had been abducted. You can offer his family some long-sought answers on where he is and possibly some hope that there may be a way to bring him home. Tell them what you think is pertinent to securing their help here. Even if Locus has infiltrated them, I guarantee he doesn't know about the prince. You can use that to broker assistance.

"Kas needs to take Fach and myself to Germany. Kas can still use the Herzog's face and influence to get an audience.

"Gabrielle, I'd suggest taking Otso, Jack, and Ellen to Persia. Locus' agents in Romanov could have reported back that we fought them there. He may try and use that--say you were killed or compromised. He may try to take the throne. We need to get there, show that you're still alive, and if possible, extract your brother from their clutches. Otso and Jack can track. If Gabriel has defected, Ellen can contain him long enough for you all to evacuate.

"That leaves the Ottomans and the Japanese. Sophie can take William and Stephen with her to Japan while Cecil and Fiore head to the Ottomans. Cecil can learn what he needs to from Sophie."

"Sure," asked Ashworth, "but how am I supposed to get there?"

"I can drop you off before heading home," Gabrielle said. "Extraction will be an issue."

The Drifter looked over everyone. "Any questions?"
Standard electricity around the cabin and on each person, Arkrite. No surprises lurking beyond the walls.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx
HP:1

"I 'ave no gift for languages, but I will 'elp as I am able." Martin offers. "Would communication amongst ze teams be beneficial?" He asks, wiggling his fingers.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"Ugh." Violet shuddered slightly. She didn't want another piece of Martin flesh, or whatever he was made of, wrapped around her wrist anytime soon. "I'm sure I've got a pic or two of the Little Colonel in here."

"Not that I want to go to London and risk running into another horrible version of myself, but unless Paris is very different here, trying to negotiate with them in English isn't going to get very far. And I don't know much French. What about you Abe?"
Arkrite

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #30: Allegory of Prudence (M&M 2E - IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

Lex made a face when they suggest running Tamati to London. He wasn't even sure where here was, but carrying somebody all the way was going to be brutal. At least when Martin got a ride he could make himself lighter. This was going to be a marathon run carrying dead weight the entire time, with nobody to heal up his legs when he got there.

In short: This was going to suck.

Lex raises his hand, "Who's the Queen? She's a nice little old lady where we're from. Can I assume knocking on the front door is completely out of the questions? Do we know who's going to be attempting to murder me for the crime of B&E? Powers and what not? Are you going to be providing a letter for me to drop off, or am I supposed to... uh, recite the story? Do you know where she's at, and what the floor plan is of the place? Where should we go afterwards?"

"Oh, and how much do you weigh, Tamati?
" Lex asked.
Shock wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:41 am "Not that I want to go to London and risk running into another horrible version of myself, but unless Paris is very different here, trying to negotiate with them in English isn't going to get very far. And I don't know much French. What about you Abe?"
"I can get by with English, Spanish, German and Japanese, I can swear in french, and I know exactly one phrase in Russian," Lex says.

With a sigh he pulls his phone out of his coat pocket and stuffs it into his pocket. Doffing his jacket he passes it to Steven, "It won't stop bullets, but it's pretty tough. It might eat a hit for you."

"I'm wanting it back,"
He adds.

"And don't lose my notebook!" He pauses, then pulls out the notebook, his phone and takes pictures of all the pages before shoving it back into the coat's pocket, muttering, "Just in case."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

For a moment Tamati couldn't believe what the Drifter was saying, send them all over Europe to speak to royalty, really a bunch of uppity snobs really?

And Lex would carry him, where was Kendra when you needed her. It had felt like they were flying when they made their trip up to the Keys back on his home world and all he had to do was hold on to her surfboard. Get your head back in the game that was then and this is now.
Alex "Current" Murphy wrote:
Lex raises his hand, "Who's the Queen? She's a nice little old lady where we're from. Can I assume knocking on the front door is completely out of the questions? Do we know who's going to be attempting to murder me for the crime of B&E? Powers and what not? Are you going to be providing a letter for me to drop off, or am I supposed to... uh, recite the story? Do you know where she's at, and what the floor plan is of the place? Where should we go afterwards?"

"Oh, and how much do you weigh, Tamati?
" Lex asked.
"About 70 kgs or 11 stone now like this" Tamati replied as he had started to bulk up over the last year or so, been an active teenager and wannabe hero would do that to you "But I think I am a lot lighter in my water form, never thought of weighing myself though."

After the question about languages Tamati added

"Only other language I can speak is Te Rao or Maori. England might be the best place for me and I hear they love the kiwi accent."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

OUBLIETTE-1127 (Current, Fluxx, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Taheka, Ursa; NPCs: Ashworth, Benson, The Drifter, Fach, Fiore, Gabrielle, Magnitude, Maze, Puck, Sidestep, Sophie, Stephen)
"I 'ave no gift for languages, but I will 'elp as I am able. Would communication amongst ze teams be beneficial?" Martin wiggled his fingers.

"Ugh." Violet shuddered slightly. She didn't want another piece of Martin flesh, or whatever he was made of, wrapped around her wrist anytime soon. "I'm sure I've got a pic or two of the Little Colonel in here.

"Not that I want to go to London and risk running into another horrible version of myself, but unless Paris is very different here, trying to negotiate with them in English isn't going to get very far. And I don't know much French. What about you Abe?"

"Huh?" Abe snapped back to reality. He had been staring at Gabrielle. "I, uh... I mean, I speak English. That's about it."

"Most of the highest rulers speak English," Queen Sophie explained. "We wanted a common tongue to communicate with each other in, without having to rely on translators. The closer you are to the throne, the more likely you are to speak English."

Lex cleared his throat. "Who's the Queen? She's a nice little old lady where we're from."

"The queen mother is Naomi, but her son is the one who sits on the throne," Sophie offered. "King Thaddeus rules the empire of Great Britain."

"Can I assume knocking on the front door is completely out of the questions?"

"You can try it," Sophie said, "but I doubt you'd get very far. Even if you tried to pass yourself off as a statesmen, they don't just ring the bell and get let in to meet the king."

"Do we know who's going to be attempting to murder me for the crime of B&E? Powers and what not?"

"Security for the palace is handled by Sir William Arnett," Sophie said. "He has a-"

"Oh, I'm fairly certain Lex is familiar with Sir Arnett's powers," Kas said, smirking.

"Are you going to be providing a letter for me to drop off, or am I supposed to... uh, recite the story?"

"I'll be providing each of you with letters of introduction," Sophie said. "Under normal circumstances, I would expect it would be enough to get you an audience with the heads of each house, but given that Locus has already moved to shield Volkov from me, we can't be too sure if you won't be intercepted."

"Oh, and how much do you weigh, Tamati?" Lex asked.

"About 70 kgs or 11 stone now like this, but I think I am a lot lighter in my water form. Never thought of weighing myself though."

"You won't need to worry about that," said the Drifter. She grabbed the strap of her messenger bag and slipped it up over her head. "I'm pretty sure you've seen me use this before and get that my bag contains an extra-dimensional space. It was a parting gift from my brother in another dimension. It's been exceptionally useful. If it can fit into the opening, it can be stored inside until I retrieve it.

"There's no oxygen inside the bag, but... that won't hamper Tamati. The downside is that Lex has to both put him in and take him out. You haven't done this yet, Tamati, but I've done this with you before. Inside the bag is an endless void. There's no door. No entry way or exit. Just... all of my stuff. The only way to get out is for whomever has the bag to reach in for you." She offered the bag out to Lex. "You'll have to open the bag and go to reach in. Tamati will have to put himself in your hand. Once you start to put him in, he'll be able to let the bag take him. To get him out, you open it, and reach for him."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Fluxx

Martin considered the teams:

Code: Select all

Russia 
-Martin
-Robin
-Dennis

London
-Lex
-Tamati

Paris
-Violet
-Abe

Germany
-Kas
-Drifter
-Fach

Persia
-Otso
-Jack
-Ellen
-Gabrielle

Japan
-Sophie
-William
-Stephen

Ottomans
-Cecil
-Fiore
He had 4 bracelets he could comfortably make. Through these he could cause words to scroll, he can feel for furious tapping to get his attention from the wearer, and if he focuses, he could feel the wearer's pulse or monitor the chemicals around them and push his powers of healing and chemical manipulation through the bracelet, or even use it as a focal point to shift his sensory organs or entire mass to their location if the situation was dire enough. He risked taking injury if the wearer was subject to area attacks but that was a risk worth taking.

He offered bracelets to Fach, Lex, Fiore, and Abe making no secret of what they could do and what they were.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Imago
HP: 3

Dennis was relieved at the mention of English as a common tongue. As a Swiss, he knew that, French and German, so otherwise the Russia team might have a big problem. Unless Robyn, quite likely, picked up Russian as well within her existence.

"Most groups have the ability to get where they need to go. Our group doesn't, unless Abe is dropping us off first." He pointed out.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Violet Lear

"All right. But you're going to have to tell me that story again, slower." Violet could handle talking to royalty, to a point. Her mother had never hosted the actual Royal family but there were plenty of others to choose from that had thought just as much of themselves.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Alex "Current" Murphy

"Kilograms? Stone?" Lex scratches his head, completely at a loss.

He listens to Drifter's description on the bag and is both amazed and horrified. A magic bag that would carry anything you need was amazing, but the possibility of being locked in it forever because the person who put you in failed to pull you back out?

"Uh... that's cool, but maybe it's safer if I just carry him," Lex says as he looks at the bag.

In the end curiosity gets the best of him and he puts his phone in and pulls it back out again just to see it work.

"So, like, I can't pull out anything you put in there. And I'd have to remember what I put inside it to pull it out?" He says peering into the bag. Considering how this lady seemed to hop through time and space he couldn't help but wonder if there was already something in there.

Shock wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:01 am "All right. But you're going to have to tell me that story again, slower." Violet could handle talking to royalty, to a point. Her mother had never hosted the actual Royal family but there were plenty of others to choose from that had thought just as much of themselves.
Lex nods as he puts the Martin finger bracelet on, a small part of him wondering when he became so numb to the creepy stuff the upbeat and well meaning Frenchman did.

"Yeah... I wasn't really listening either. I think the story was that criminals from another dimensions jumped ship, married into power, took that power for themselves and are currently trying to murder off anybody who can stop them and building up an army to take over everywhere else. Also they assassinated a tsar and blamed it on you. And the Russians are trying to murder you," Lex shrugs, still poking at the bag.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Martin

"70 kilograms is jus' under 155 pounds for ze Americans in ze room." Martin says after a moment's thought.